How to Play Roblox on Chromebook in 2021
Users who move from a Windows PC to a Chromebook find it hard to accept that they can no longer play their favorite games on this new platform. However, things have changed dramatically in the past few years and now you can play the majority of Windows games either through Steam or Play Store. Recently, we covered how to play Minecraft on Chromebook, and this time we bring you how to run Roblox on your machine. You can easily install and play Roblox on Chromebook and without any hacks and tweaks. So without further delay, let’s jump to the steps.
Note: Want to share your Roblox gameplay with the world? Learn how you can enable and record screen on Chromebook by following the linked article.
Play Roblox on Chromebook in 2021
Before we begin, note that you can officially play Roblox on Chromebooks that have support for the Play Store. You will have a much better experience and the frame rate will be pretty good. In case, you have a school-issued Chromebook then you will have to use ARC Welder to play Roblox. It’s a bit complex method, but certainly doable. So with that out of the way, let’s now jump to the steps.
Play Roblox on Chromebook With Play Store Support
1. First of all, open the Settings page of your Chromebook by clicking on the cogwheel icon under the Quick Settings menu.
2. Next, click on “Apps” on the left pane and enable Google Play Store.
3. After that, search for Roblox in the Play Store (Free, offer in-app purchases) and install it right away on your Chromebook.
4. Now, just open the game from the App Drawer and Roblox will work like a charm. You can also press the Search key on the keyboard and search for “roblox” and open it. The best part is that it supports WASD key controls and external mouse as well.
5. In my testing, there were some graphics issues having black patches at intermittent intervals. However, after enabling GPU acceleration from Chrome Flags, the effect was minimized. You can also try the same method on your Chromebook. Other than that, if your Chromebook has an ARM-based processor then Roblox would perform pretty well since you are running an Android app.
Install Roblox on Chromebook Without Play Store Support (School-issued Chromebooks)
In case, your Chromebook does not have Play Store support, you can use an app called ARC Welder to install Android APKs directly. But keep in mind, it does not work on all Chromebooks so your mileage may vary.
1. First off, download the Android APK for Roblox from here.
2. Secondly, install the ARC Welder (Free) extension on Chrome. Unlike other Chrome extensions, the file size is huge and it’s around 200 MB so keep patience while downloading it.
3. Now, launch ARC Welder and click on the “Choose” button.
4. Now, select the directory in which the Roblox APK is downloaded and click on the “Open” button. Keep in mind, here you have to select the directory and not the APK file.
5. Further, click on “Add your APK” on ARC Welder.
6. Finally, select the Roblox APK file and click on the “Open” button. It will take some time to process the APK file.
7. Next, you will be offered a bunch of options. Make sure “Landscape” orientation and “Tablet” form factor are selected. Finally, click on the “Test” button.
8. Roblox will launch automatically, but it may take some time to completely load it. After a while, you will be able to play Roblox on your school-issued Chromebook.
Install and Run Roblox on Your Chromebook Like a Champ
So that was our short article on how to play Roblox on Chromebook. As we can see, the popular game is already available on the Google Play Store and you don’t need to go through any sort of hassles to play this massive multiplayer game. And if you have a school Chromebook then you can try your luck with ARC Welder. In case, you are facing any issue while installing Roblox on Chrome OS, do comment down below and let us know.
Anyway, that is all from us. If you want to play more games on your machine, head over to our dedicated article on the best Chromebook games. Also, don’t forget to check our article where we explain how you can install and play Among Us on Chromebook, if you too find that game fascinating.