The world as we know it today is called the Fifth World. What came before is described in the Fourth World (and covered by a separate game, Earthdawn). Shadowrun exists in the Sixth World, everything after The Awakening. For the timeline covering the period before the Shadowrun storyline please see this article Shadowrun Prehistory Timeline
This Shadowrun timeline covers in-universe events from circa 1989 (when the game was first published) to the in-game current day.
1980[edit | edit source]
1984[edit | edit source]
1986[edit | edit source]
1987[edit | edit source]
Slouching toward Apocalypse (1990-1999)[edit | edit source]
1990[edit | edit source]
1991[edit | edit source]
1992[edit | edit source]
1993[edit | edit source]
1994[edit | edit source]
1995[edit | edit source]
1996[edit | edit source]
1997[edit | edit source]
1998[edit | edit source]
1999: Seretech Decision[edit | edit source]
- January 8: The International Brotherhood of Teamsters rejects the New York City government’s final contract offer and ratifies strike action. 
- February 2: The Canadian government pushes the Dene tribe off their land (ignoring their pending claim) to use it for further business development. 
- April 12: A mob attacks a Seretech medical research truck in NYC, the ensuing riot killing 20 employees and 200 civilians. 
- May 6: State and federal governments sue Seretech for criminal negligence over the NYC riots. 
- September: Members of the Canadian Mohawk tribe block off raods leading to their reservations around Oka, Kahnawake, and Kanesatake in Quebec and declare themselves the Sovereign Mohawk Nation.
- October 3: After a four-week stand-off and several failed assaults, the Canadian military wiped out the Sovereign Mohawk Nation. Surviving members of the Mohawk tribe were moved from other reservations to a “Protection Center’ near Swift Current, Saskatchewan. In an unprecedented and unexpected move, the US Government relocated American Mohawks to the Canadian internment camp as well.
- October 26: (United States vs. Seretech Corporation) The Supreme Court of the United States finds that corporations have the right to maintain a private army. 
- November 6: Australia’s first referendum regarding whether to become a republic fails; it remains a monarchy. 
Beginning of an Interesting Century (2000–2009)[edit | edit source]
2000: First Shiawase Decision[edit | edit source]
2001: Second Shiawase Decision[edit | edit source]
- January 4 – 18: Tensions in Mexico’s southern states increase. Over a two-week period, the governors of Chiapas, Campeche, and Quintana Roo are assassinated, with two of the three perpetrators eventually caught and each judged to have been working independently. 
- February 14: (US Nuclear Regulatory Commission vs. Shiawase Corporation) Using the Seretech Decision as precedent, the Supreme Court of the United States rules in favor of Shiawase, determining that a major corporation’s private property is not under the host country’s jurisdiction.  
- February 20: Initially wanting to be seen as the vanguard against growing corporate power, the French government refuses to recognize Shiawase’s extraterritoriality but remains the sole opposition, the country receiving years of corporate sanctions as a result.  
- March – May: Germany’s eastern länder are evacuated due to groundwater contamination and the Baltic Sea suffers an ecological collapse due to chemical sludge. Hundreds of thousands of people are relocated as governments try to address these troubled areas.  
- July 20: During the G8 Summit in Genoa (Italy), private security forces open fire on anti-corporate protesters, killing 12. The pro-corp Italian media describe the shootings as ‘defense against an act of terrorism’ and protesters are forced to switch tactics in light of corporate crackdowns. 
- August 15: The USA Food and Drug Administration approves P4MO (synthetic blood replacement) for general use. 
- August – October: NASA sends robot probes to Mars but, after discovering structures resembling pyramids together with a skeleton, refuses to release the images.
2002: Resource Rush Begins[edit | edit source]
2003: A Shrinking World And A Disappearing Government[edit | edit source]
- March 24: BAE Systems and the Japan Aerospace Corporation introduce their joint development project: Ghost, a suborbital plane capable of crossing the Atlantic Ocean in 76 minutes. Corporate orders generate a wait list several years long.
- May 13: Originally bred to detect water pollutants, GloFish are publicly marketed as aquarium pets.
- July 8: The USA government dissolves Washington, D.C.’s municipal government, assuming direct control. 
- November 19: The worst flash flood in recorded history hits Germany’s North Sea’s coast, thousands dying during the flood itself as well as during the following few weeks from chemical poisoning. The German government orders nuclear power plants be shut down to prevent further catastrophe.
2004: Good Nukes Gone Bad[edit | edit source]
2005: New York City[edit | edit source]
- March 25: United States President Phillip Bester eliminates public funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. The Public Broadcasting System breaks up shortly thereafter and private broadcasters quickly consume its resources.
- May 13: Belarus invades Poland and the Ukraine, beginning the Border Wars.
- August 12: a 5.8 earthquake flattens Manhattan, killing more than two hundred thousand people.
- The United Nations moves to a provisional headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- September 2: President of the Republic of Korea Dae-Jung Rhee is assassinated. General Kyung Han Yoon, Commander of the Army, takes power and accuses the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea of sponsoring the assassin. Japan supports Yoon’s actions and the Second Korean War begins.
- September 19: The East Coast Stock Exchange moves to Boston.
- Jaelle Lester establishes the Church of the Whole Earth, Inc.
- In the wake of the bribery scandal, a special election is called in Mexico. The PRI is swept from power and replaced with a FDN-PAN coalition.
2006: Korean War[edit | edit source]
- Russia moves to stabilize Belarus, sparking fear of Russian expansionism.
- April 10: Japan launches a series of solar collector satellites and beams the energy to Earth via microwave.
- May 12: Boeing’s High Speed Civil Transport completes a successful test flight.
- July 27: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) announces the birth of a healthy Tasmanian tiger cloned from frozen DNA samples.
- October 17: A verdict is reached in the years-long court proceedings of Texas Instruments Corporation v. Miroyama Electric in favor of TI. The Japanese courts order Miroyama’s assets turned over to TI, revitalizing that company. Miroyama’s executives commit seppuku to spare their subordinates from dishonor.
- November 17: North Korea launches nuclear missiles toward Japan. The warheads fail to detonate. The attack prompts Japan to greater participation in the Second Korean War. Japan eventually refounds itself as the Japanese Imperial State, allowing it to maintain a military and begin a campaign of territorial expansion.
2007: ORO Corporation Formed[edit | edit source]
- Newly privatized North Korean corporations merge to form Kwonsham Industries to avoid a buyout by South Korean or international megacorps.
- Spring: Ghana and the Ivory Coast begin the process of withdrawing from the United Nations.
- August 14: The Medellín, David, and Masaya drug cartels buy out a major resource development company in Villahermosa, Mexico and name it ORO Corporation after the heads of the cartels: Juan Ortega, Julio Ramos, and Diego Oriz.
- November 2: The United States Supreme Court declines a review of the federal government’s decision to disband the municipal government of Washington, D.C. President Philip Bester’s approval ratings begin to decline.
- William and Harry, the two Princes of the royal Windsor family of the United Kingdom, die in an airplane crash.
2008: ORO Strikes It Rich[edit | edit source]
- The Harris-3M space station Wheelchair (formerly the Russian Mir) is struck by a meteoroid and suffers catastrophic decompression. NASA’s Freedom remains the only manned space station in Earth orbit.
- March 4 PANAMA: The ORO Corporation announces the discovery of molybdenum deposits off the coast of Panama. The corporation had acquired a monopoly on molybdenum exploitation, extraction, and processing prior to the announcement.
- April 18 USA: In Texas, a new kind of militias is created, allowing governments to assemble armed groups of private citizens to fill gaps in law enforcement..
- June CENTRAL AMERICA: Several Central American countries withdraw from international copyright treaties. The ORO Corporation positions itself at the head of the emerging technopiracy industry.
- August 23 GERMANY: The German coalition government collapses as the strain of the ongoing series of ecological disasters take their toll. The government weakness translates to ongoing social instability and violence in the streets.
- November 4 USA: Jesse Garrety is elected as the 45th President of the United States. William Jarman is his Vice-President.
- Aurélie de Paladines, future president of the French Republic, is born in France.
2009: SOX and Lone Eagle[edit | edit source]
- March 4: The Cattenom nuclear power plant in France suffers total failure of both primary and secondary cooling systems (3:58 a.m.), followed by core meltdown (9:31 p.m.), core breach (10:05 p.m.) and eventually the explosion of power plant block 2 (10:08 p.m.). Official reports state that 37,241 people were killed immediately; the death toll will reach 135,728 by 2045. The contaminated areas are later declared the Saar-Lorraine-Luxembourg Special Administrative Zone (SOX).
- April 7: Charles, Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall, is crowned King Charles III of the United Kingdom at Westminster Abbey.
- April 29: As the chaos following the Cattenom catastrophe spreads throughout Germany, the military declares all parliaments and governments dissolved. A military council lead by Bundeswehr general Horst Stöckter assumes power.
- May 4: Bavarian resistance to martial law in Germany ends.
- May 5: United Oil Industries receives the oil rights to one-quarter of the remaining national parks and one-tenth of the remaining Native American reservations in the United States.
- September 18: The Lone Eagle Incident. A SAIM commando force takes control of the Shiloh Launch Facility in northwest Montana. The raiders issue an ultimatum: return all the stolen land or they launch the Lone Eagle ICBMs.
- September 28: After a ten-day standoff, US Armed Forces retake the Shiloh Launch Facility, but not before SAIM launches a Lone Eagle toward Russia. Although the US President warns his Russian counterpart, the missile disappears over the Arctic Circle.
- October 19: In response to the Lone Eagle Incident, the Re-education and Relocation Act is passed in the United States, ordering all Natives with the remotest connection to SAIM to detention centers. In Canada, the Nepean Act is passed, legitimizing internment camps for First Nations while dismantling the Inuit territory of Nunavut.
Rude Awakening (2010-2019)[edit | edit source]
2010: VITAS 1[edit | edit source]
- Nunavut, the Inuit territory in northern Canada, is dissolved in accordance with the Nepean Act.
- January 20: The US federal government seizes all Native American lands. 
- February 10: A new virus is discovered in India; symptoms of infection include severe allergic reactions that eventually kill by asphyxiation. The disease is called Kali’s Harvest in India where it killed 450 million people; the rest of the world will come to know it as Virally-Induced Toxic Allergy Syndrome (VITAS). VITAS will kill a quarter of the worlds population over the next two years, including Pope John Paul III. 
- Keruba International achieves extraterritoriality and begins competing with BMW.
- June 22: The French economy finally breaks under the strain of VITAS, ending the country’s resistance to the new corporate culture.
- September 16: Michel Beloit buys and restructures BMW, integrating it with Saeder Munitions and Krupp Manufacturing, into what would become Saeder-Krupp. 
- October 28: 10.5 million of the 14 million inhabitants of Madagascar have died from VITAS by this time. 
- October 31: Quebec secedes from Canada.
- Maria Kapatelis, daughter of Greek shipping magnate Stavros Kapatelis, is kidnapped. Her father pays the ransom of ten million American dollars, but she is never returned; the only kidnapper the authorities could locate is killed in a firefight.
- The Yakuza of Seattle is given official recognition as the Dungeness Crabs of the 87th Prefecture by the oyabun of the Watada-rengo in Chiba, Japan. This approval of and support for their activities allows the Seattle Yakuza to grow rapidly and expand its operations.
2011: The Year of Chaos[edit | edit source]
The Year of Chaos
- January 13: The first baby is born with the condition that will later be described as Unexplained Genetic Expression.
- January: The Mexican government dissolves in the wake of VITAS outbreaks. Hundreds of thousands of refugees swarm the US border. Sixth World Almanac claims April 7
- February: The IRA kills forty-four soldiers of the British Parachute Regiment in Coalisland.
- February 9: The Black Tide hits the North Sea coast, killing thousands and displacing millions in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Denmark and Norway. Half a million people eventually die from the Black Tide’s effects.
- March: The IRA kills thirty-one soldiers of the British Parachute Regiment in Ulster.
- March 14: Newsweek magazine is the first media outlet that describes UGE babies as “elves” and “dwarfs.”
- April 14: The IRA destroys the British SAS base in Belfast, killing thirteen operators and eleven Protestant paramilitaries.
- May: Beginning now and for the next three years, numerous UGE children disappear, are given up for adoption, or simply abandoned.
- July: Operation Discovery, a clandestine eight-man mission to Mars, makes planetfall and begins its survey.
- August 15: The Indonesian government collapses following VITAS and several volcanic eruptions.
- September 3 UK: The basalt columns of Giant’s Causeway rise on the coast of Northern Ireland, taller and more solid than they have ever been. Throughout the year, stone circles erupt from the ground across the United Kingdom.
- October 31 USA: The annual Samhain ritual in Salem, Massachusetts is attended by some new guests: A ghostly hunting group, later identified as the Wild Hunt, appears out of the evening mist charges around the celebrants.
- November 18: A tribe of yeti is conclusively identified in Nepal.
- November 23 GERMANY: The Treaty of Passau settled all remaining disputes about the rights of national and international corporations, effectively guaranteeing extraterritoriality to any corporation larger than a certain size.
- December 24: The Awakening. 
- The great eastern dragon Ryumyo appears on Mount Fuji.
- Under the cover of a fierce storm, Daniel Coleman leads a walk-out of the Abilene detainment camp. Guards attempt to stop him, but their bullets bounce off a glowing field. Coleman leads his people into the storm, leaving no trace.
- The main cabin of the primary Operation Discovery module suffers a catastrophic malfunction and crashes on Mars, killing five of the eight astronauts. The survivors begin the return to Earth in the command capsule.
- 00:00:01 – Saeletra makes its one and only appearance.
- The first mana storm sweeps across the Australian Outback.Sixth World Almanac says February 20
- December 26: Ley lines and standing stones re-emerge all over Britain. The Great Welsh Dragon Celedyr is sighted over Caerleon.
- England’s Sizewell B nuclear power station suffers a critical meltdown. 7,800 people die within the first month and nearly 80,000 will die of various cancers over the next thirty years.
- A nuclear power plant in Dounreay, Scotland, suffers a meltdown, creating the Scottish Irradiated Zone.
- The Auvergne volcano in France erupts.
2012: The Big D[edit | edit source]
- January 1: During the traditional New Year’s Message from St. Peter’s Square, Pope John Paul IV denounces metahumans as abominations in the eyes of God. (Tír na nÓg)
- In the Czech Republic, Czech Catholics rise up against the Vatican in response to the Pope’s denouncement of metahumans. 
- January 3: The great dragon Hualpa emerges in Yucatan.
- January 12: The Ganges, Indus, and Jamuna rivers in India are purified and become mana lines.
- Tibet, safe behind a magical barrier, declares independence from China.
- January 20: The French Catholic Church opposes Pope John Paul IV’s declaration against metahumans, creating a permanent rift between the FCC and the Vatican.
- January 27: The great western dragon Dunkelzahn makes his first appearance at Cherry Creek Lake in Denver. He grants a 12-hour interview with Holly Brighton, during which he explains The Awakening.
- March: In Vatican City, a Papal Bull is issued confirming Pope John Paul IV’s position against metahumans and further denouncing all things magical as “unholy and ungodly by their very nature.” 
- March 31: The great dragon Lung awakens at Mt. Emei. 
- April: A huge mana storm washes over Sydney, devastating the capital city for two weeks and cutting it off from the outside world. The storm remains in place to date and irregularly engulfs the city for short, damaging periods. 
- April 8: The Israeli government orders the evacuation of Jerusalem’s Old City due to dramatic spiritual manifestations. 
- June 1: The Japanese Diet passes the Yamato Act. The Act deregulates Japanese corporations, restricts foreign corporate activity, and makes the nuyen the official currency of the state. 
- August 12: Sheila Blatavska founds the Atlantean Foundation. 
- August 30: A conglomerate of corporate interests takes control of Denver’s struggling public welfare system. 
- September 16: The German military kills Feuerschwinge to end her four-month rampage, and is the first known kill of a Great Dragon by metahumanity. 
- October 17: Violent warfare between Keruba International and BMW prompt seven of the largest corporations (BMW, Ares Industries, Shiawase, Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, ORO, Keruba, and JRJ International) to form the Inter-Corporate Council to mediate disputes.
- November 6: Jesse Garrety and William Jarman are reelected as President and Vice-President of the United States. 
- November 29: The Passau Treaties are signed, defining corporate extraterritoriality in Germany.
- Lofwyr appears in Germany and becomes a corporate player.
- England’s King Charles III abdicates in favor of his only surviving son, George.
- The Hildebrandt-Kleinfort-Bernal (HKB) megacorporation is formed in England, an increasingly major power in world financial affairs.
2013: Keruba-Aztechnology Corporate War[edit | edit source]
- January 1: Naga appear near Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Cambodian peasants begin to worship them as rulers of rivers and rain.
- April 2: The Inter-Corporate Council fails to stop the violence between Keruba International and ORO.
- May 23: The IRA attacks Aldershot, the home of the British Army.
- June 15: The Combat Biking League is founded in Baton Rouge, Louisiana..
- August 12: Xinjiang province secedes from China and names itself Uighurstan. Chinese are massacred in Urumqi and Kashgar.
- September 13: In Vatican City, Pope John Paul IV dies in his sleep. He is replaced by a moderate Brazilian cardinal who takes the name John XXV. Despite this change in power, several Irish Catholic bishops who had refused to accept John Paul IV’s denouncement of metahumans break from the Catholic Church and instead go to the Church of Ireland, a small splinter church. (Tír na nÓg) 
- November: The wall around the Saar-Lorraine-Luxembourg Special Administrative Zone is finished.
- The Trojan-Satsop nuclear power plant in Redmond, Washington, USA suffers a partial meltdown, releasing radioactive contamination into Beaver Lake and the surrounding areas.
- In Denver, Colorado, U.S.A., the Denver Union Stockyards are purchased by Denver Foodstuffs Inc. (DFI) and turned into one of the Southwest’s largest sources of algae for food purposes.
2014: Native American Nations[edit | edit source]
2015: Aztlan[edit | edit source]
2016: The First Nations War[edit | edit source]
2017: The Great Ghost Dance[edit | edit source]
2018: Treaty of Denver[edit | edit source]
- March 17: Chinese provinces rebel against Communist rule. The civil war results in yet another fractured nation: Manchuria, Xinjiang, Guangxi, and the Canton Confederation are created.
- April 25: The United States of America, Canada, Aztlan, and the Native American Nations ratify the Treaty of Denver. Most of western North America is ceded to the NAN. Daniel Howling Coyote becomes head of the Sovereign Tribal Council. Denver is divided into districts under the jurisdiction of the United States, Aztlan, and the NAN member states.
- July 12: Dr. Hosato Hikita of ESP Systems, Chicago demonstrates the first generation of Artificial Sensory Induction Systems Technology.
- July 24: The spaceplane America disintegrates in orbit and crashes in Longreach, Australia, killing 200.
- November 9: Fuchi Industrial Electronics completes its Seattle Industrial Compound.
- European Union suspended. Council of Ministers disband the European Parliment. EU bureaucracy limited to executing established mandates.
2019: Cyberlimbs and Seattle Megalopolis[edit | edit source]
Brave New World (2020-2029)[edit | edit source]
2020: Great Dragon Destroys Tehran[edit | edit source]
- Ares launches the Apollo space program.
- Inuvik becomes capital of Trans-polar Aleut Nation.
- April 10 Japan launches a series of solar-power-collecting satellites that beam power to Earth via microwaves. 
- May 12 Boeing’s High Speed Civil Transport completes a successful test flight.
- July 12 Aden destroys Tehran, Iran, in response to the Ayatollah’s declaration of jihad against metahuman races.
- July 27 The Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) announces birth of formerly extinct Tasmanian tiger cloned from frozen dna samples. 
- October 17 Texas Instruments Corporation wins patent violantion lawsuit against Miroyama Electric and gains all of it’s assets. Every Miroyama executive commits seppuku.
- November: William Jarman is reelected President of the United States.
- November 17 North Korea launches a nuclear attack on Japan, but the warheads fail to detonate.
- NOTE: ALL SIXTH WORLD ALMANAC ENTRIES FOR 2020 (EXCEPT ADEN’S DESTRUCTION OF TEHRAN) ARE DUPLICATES FROM 2006
2021: Goblinization[edit | edit source]
- April 30: Without warning, ten percent of the world’s population suddenly mutates. The process then occurs in in utero children. The media calls this transformation “Goblinization.”
- The government of the United Kingdom announces the death of King George VII, who is rumored to have been killed after Goblinizing.
- The government of Quebec extends full rights to all Goblinized francophone citizens.
- The government of the Czech Republic offers its full assistance to all Goblinized citizens.
- May 4: President Joaquim Delmonte of the Dominican Republic announces that his country will accept any Goblinized immigrants after he transforms into an ork.
- May 14: Swiss officials declare Goblinization the result of an unidentified disease and orders the quarantine of all affected.
- May 25: In response to the German government rounding up orks and trolls, the Mutant Rights Congress is founded in Cologne and its members threaten civil unrest.
- May 28: The Japanese Imperial State annexes Yomi Island, Philippines and deports its metahuman population there.
- June 9: Seattle governor Lindstrom orders the Metroplex Guard to round up the Goblinized and place them in the camps that once held Native Americans.
- August 3: Time Magazine publishes an article written by McBean describing the effect that Goblinization had on his childhood friend. McBean later expands the content of the article into a novel titled Looking for Gonzo, following the experiences of Jerry “Gonzo” Petersen after becoming a troll.
- August 23: Texas governor Melissa Santiago-Ortega strong-arms the Welfare Board into giving funds to provide adequate shelter and sanitary facilities for the state’s metahuman detention centers.
2022: Race Riots And VITAS 2[edit | edit source]
2023: Metahuman rights[edit | edit source]
- Febuary 6 USA: The Seattle Police Department goes on strike. 
- Febuary 7 USA: Seattle Governor Lindstrom declares the Seattle Police strike illegal. He promptly fires the entire SPD and contracts Lone Star Security Services to replace it.
- March 31 GERMANY: The German Parliament officially departs the violence-plagued city of Berlin, completing the year-long move of the German capital to Hanover.
- April 8 US: Marlene Weiss offically withdrew from the Council of Denver, taking with her all American citizens in the Free Zone’s government. The Council of Denver is rendered temporarily powerless due to the Treaty having no provision for a quorum with less than full attendance. Construction begins on an “autonomous defense zone” around the United States section of Denver. 
- April 29 GERMANY: Riots break out across Berlin as the city descends into anarchy, leaving 14 people dead, more than 2,000 injured, 14,000 arrested, and causing billions of Deutsche Marks in damages.
- May 30 USA: In Los Angeles, California, the Watts district is nearly leveled by a riot which formed when rumors surface that MLK-Drew Medical Center is hording VITAS 2 serum. By the time the fighting ends, the death toll stands at 23 soldiers, 89 police and 619 civilians.
- June 2 ANYI: After seeing its numbers reduced to about fifteen thousand—mostly orks and trolls—by VITAS, the troll King Kouame banishes the remaining humans, dwarfs, and elves to create a troll and ork-only nation.
- June 21 FRANCE: An unearthly fog, dubbed “the Mist,” covers large rural areas of Brittany The Mist disrupts magic and attracts paranatural animals. Humans and metahumans caught in the Mist experience overwhelming fear and become lost, causing thousands of people go missing, including the entire population of several towns. The Mist will end up covering most of the region for the next five years.
- July 16 USA: Frances Daniels, a PhD in engineering and a fourth dan black belt in ki-akido, demonstrates a new form of magic. Instead of casting spells, he enhances his body’s physical abilities.
- July 18 USA: Senator Franklin Moss becomes enraged at Senator Victor Sanchez during a debate over metahuman rights. He challenges his opponent, a known sharpshooter, to a duel. His death the following morning is widely televised and later sold on several video formats.
- August 28 USA: The Metahuman Bill of Rights is passed in Texas; it guarantees voting privileges, equality in housing, medical care, education, and fair employment for all metahumans.
- September 1 USA: In the Seattle Metroplex, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) creates the Fort Lewis Zoological Gardens to explore Goblinization and paranormal changes in animals.
- Humanis Policlub is founded.
- The United States Supreme Court grants equal rights to metahumans.
- In Fatima, Portugal, during a visit by Pope John XXV, an apparition of the Virgin Mary appears before thousands of witnesses. This event reinforces the Pope’s declaration against metahumans and further pushes the Portuguese Catholic community into a conservative mindset. 
- The ICC moves to the Freedom space habitat, renames itself the Corporate Court, and grants itself authority over all extraterritorial corporations.
- Kenneth Brackhaven goblinizes into an ork. His father Charles has him murdered and brainwashes and surgically alters a SINless orphan into believing he’s Kenneth. Officially, Kenneth’s goblinization went into remission.
- Neuro-interface software engineer Moira Thornton invents the synthlink.
2024: First Commercial Simsense[edit | edit source]
- Febuary 14 USA: In Texas, Governor Santiago-Ortega presides over the opening of the multi-million dollar Metahuman Resource Center in Dallas.
- July 12 USA: In Atlanta, Georgia, Georgia Tech completes renovations on the formerly unused Ted Turner stadium. The coliseum is covered with an experimental biotech photosynthesis-capable membrane used to produce food and turn solar radiation into usable power.
- November 5 USA: The USA presidential election is held across the Internet for the first time, using an experimental electronic voting system. Due to the recently passed 29th Amendment, President Jarman becomes the first three-term president since Franklin D. Roosevelt. The opposition claims fraud in the landslide vote, but they cannot produce any evidence to support their accusation.
- November 11 SWITZERLAND: The Magic Regulation Bill is passed which limits the use of magic almost exclusively to corporate and government forces.
- November 14 GLOBAL: Using ASIST technology, the first Simsense entertainment unit (a kind of sensory video player) becomes available on the open market. The high price of the unit limits sales to research institutions, large corporations, and the ultra-wealthy.
- November 15 SWITZERLAND: After new elections are held the cantons of the CSF rejoin Switzerland, but the cantons of Fribourg, Geneva, Jura, Neuchâtel, and Vaud refuse to accept the MSL under Switzerland’s “Opting-Out Law.” These cantons become safe havens for metahumans in Switzerland.
- After a prolonged succession dispute, George Edward Richard Windsor-Hanover becomes King George VIII in England.
- Pope John XXV issues the Imago Dei encyclical: Metahumans have souls and are capable of salvation. Magical abilities are not inherently evil. Spirits are manifestations of nature (gray area).
- Theobald Sarentin appears, agitating for a separate Elvish state with Germany.
- The 33rd Olympic Summer Games take place in Munich.
2025: NFL gets cybered[edit | edit source]
- January 20: William Jarman is inaugurated as President of the United States for the third time.
- March 11 USA: As part of a massive revitalization project, Truman Technologies begins relocating residents of the Chicago’s Southside.
- March 21 UK: The United Kingdom Constitution Act is passed. It formally defines the roles of British Parliament and Royalty. The Office of the Lord Protector is created for the purpose of administrating internal and national security. 
- March 24 PHILIPPINES: After Japan appoints Fukatsu Saru governor, he rapidly turns the nation into a police state. He orders the censoring all media, except for those from Japan.
- March 30 HONG KONG: Conflicts between China and the Phillipines cause a flood of refugees from both countries, threatening to overwhelm the city’s infrastructure. This will continue for the next five years. 
- April 1 USA: The National Football League’s first cyber-modified player, linebacker Mario Sanchez of the Philadelphia Eagles starts playing. Due to concerns about these new athletes’ unfair advantages over unenhanced players, this type of modification will be restricted to those who need reconstruction due to injury.
- July 10 UK: The New Druidic Movement in the UK gains a foothold in the government when Lord Marchment, one of their leading figures, is appointed Lord Protector of Great Britain.
- The Conservationist Party wins the general election in Great Britain. Kenneth Redmond becomes the new Prime Minister.
- British police start routinely arming its officers with firearms.
- In Ireland, the “Walsh’s hookers” scandal end the career of three government ministers, two businessmen and one bishop.
- New York Jets quarterback Tim Washington, sporting a cyberarm, throws a Super Bowl-winning 99-yard touchdown pass.
- The Optical Music Networking Interface (OMNI) is invented.
- Building of the Southside monorail in Chicago, UCAS, begins.
- The European Space Agency is privatized, mainly to the profit of Saeder-Krupp.
- The African Rhino is considered extinct in the wild; the only remaining specimens are in captivity.
- UCLA establishes first undergraduate program in occult studies.
- Followed by Texas AMM (Agriculture, Medicine, and Magic) and MITT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Thaumaturgy).
2026: Magic Goes Mainstream[edit | edit source]
- January 30 PHILLIPINES: Continuing his creation of a police state, Governor Fukatsu Saru bans the manufacture, sales, and ownership of firearms for private individuals. He follows this with laws against all manner of technology, including combustion engines, Matrix gear, and even medical supplies, citing their potential for use as weapons.
- March 22 GERMANY: After a year of diligent work, a coalition government successfully liberalizes previously restrictive magical research laws. This also grants local political entities large administrative freedoms that will be under the watchful eye of a separate oversight committee as part of the research liberalization.
- May 1 UK: Oxford and Edinburgh universities establish Bachelor of Science degrees in occult studies despite arguments disputing the legitimacy of magic as a viable degree.
- May 1 SIOUX: The Bureau of High Technology ruled today that only Sioux-based corporations can license technology from the University of Cheyenne, halting to any negotiations with corporations like Aztechnology and Shiawase. 
- July 25 USA: The first cyberterminal is tested for military intelligence applications. A room-sized isolation chamber using multiple jackpoints and hookups, the system allows the operator to interface directly with the world data networks using their minds. Early attempts to use the system drive many volunteers mad.
- November 2 USA: In the Seattle Metroplex, Brian O’Malley from Milwaukee is named head of the Finnigan family and Don of the Seattle Mafia. He is assigned to deal with the problem of the Yakuza in the metroplex.
- The World Combat Cyclists League (WCCL) is founded; Combat Biker becomes a major sport.
2027: Fusion power[edit | edit source]
- February 28 FRANCE: In Paris, Dr. Etienne Dumas, Professor Emeritus of Occult Studies of Université de la Sorbonne in Paris announces a breakthrough in magical studies; a method to test the magical abilities of humans and metahumans. The Dumas Test is quickly adapted by corporations eager to test employees for magical talents.
- March 8 USA: In Los Angeles, California, the Los Angeles Power and Water Company begins the first commercial use of cold fusion in its facilities. The fresh water produced as a biproduct is the Governor’s hope for alleviating the city’s water shortage.
- May 28 UK: The Lord Protector’s office drafts the Magical Practitioners Registration Bill, which is designed to strictly control the use of magic in Great Britain. Despite heavy criticism from both media and academic sources, Parliament swiftly passes into law.
- June 4 USA: The court case of Manhattan Inc. vs. The State of New York, forces the boroughs of Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and the Bronx to separate from Manhattan, and allows Manhattan to retain the name New York for itself.
- July 28: When the corrupt city government orders the Bundesgrenzschutz to suppress ongoing riots, Berlin explode into a month-long civil war.
- August 7 JAPAN: The great dragon Ryumyo aids Akira Watada in his rise to power, gaining tremendous influence within the Yakuza.
- November 8 USA: Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and the Bronx become one entity called the Quad Counties in response to their ousting from New York City. The attempted merger fails after just over a year, and the boroughs separate again.
- November 17 USA: The Revised Telecommunications Act of 2027 is passed. Under this Act, if the content of a sat-cast is legal in its country of origin, the ITCC will not challenge it in the U.S. regardless of the content. Retransmission of restricted content over domestic ground-based transmitters remains illegal.
- Mount Tajumulco erupts in Aztlan.
- Japan starts deporting metahumans to Yomi Island.
- Ares begins construction of the Daedalus Space Station at the L4 Lagrange Point.
- The National Football League and professional boxing integrate cybernetic implants.
2028: LA Earthquake[edit | edit source]
- April 10 USA: A massive earthquake hits Los Angeles, California, causing millions of dollars in damages and more than five thousand deaths. Los Angeles International Airport is completely destroyed, and the recently activated fusion reactors are critically damaged.
- July 4 USA: Dunkelzahn appoints neophyte reporter Terri Ann Riberio to be his new “voice.”
- August 2 GERMANY: The University of Heidelberg establishes the first German professorship of magic.
- August 14 USA: The National Football League delays the start of the season by two months due to fields and facilities being upgraded to support cybernetically enhanced players.
- September 6 UK: Cambridge University establishes a Bachelor of Science degree in Occult Studies.
- September 11 USA: Due to funding from an anonymous donor, the University of Chicago incorporates magical studies, such as metamagical theory, alchemy and spell design, into their Philosophy department 
- October 31 FRANCE: In Brittany, druids from the Druidic Revival of Brittany are able to contain and dissipate the Mist. Unfortunately, this is not completely successful as the Mist returns in smaller patches throughout Brittany in unpredictable patterns.
- November 3 FRANCE: The entire royal family of Monaco is killed during a massive earthquake that devastates southern France.
- November 7 USA: Andrew McAlister is elected President of the United States..
- November 10 SALISH COUNCIL: Walter Bright Water gains a reputation based on his advocacy of segregation of humans and metahumans, claiming it is the only way to assure peace. Paradoxically, he is also a strong proponent of welcoming metahumans into Salish Council territory.
- Wallonia joins France.
- Nicholas Aurelius replaces Sakehisa Tajika as CEO of Ares Macrotechnology.
- Great Britain withdraws from the New European Economic Community (NEEC).
2029: Crash of 29[edit | edit source]
- January 1 GLOBAL: Funded by military intelligence agencies, prototype cyberterminals are developed by leading computer manufacturers like Sony Cybersystems, Fuchi Industrial Electronics, and RCA-Unisys. 
- January 20: Andrew MacAlister is inaugurated President of the United States.
- February 8 GLOBAL: The Crash Virus of 2029, a virus program of unknown origin and unprecedented power, attacks computer systems worldwide, crashing systems, wiping software, and even burning out hardware. Within a few months, the virus collapses the entire world data network; “the Crash,” as it is later christened, topple governments, destroy corporations, and bring the world economy to the brink of collapse.
- February 8 USA: Echo Mirage, a top secret task force, is mobilized to combat the virus. Despite their training and the use of experimental cyberterminals, the linear thinking team of military hackers causes them to be routed by the chaotic power of the Crash Virus.
- February 8 SPAIN: Angry mobs of poverty-stricken citizens in Asturia use the chaos following the Crash as an opportunity to protest their plight, plundering rich enclaves in the region and forcing the wealthy residents to flee. The state of Euskal Herria uses the resulting unrest as an opportunity to secede. The state of Galicia, meanwhile, uses the threat of secession to extract liberal concessions from the government.
- February 8 SWITZERLAND: A Crash Virus-caused computer failure causes a Genom Corporation facility to accidentally release an experimental mutagen into Basle, killing thousands of people.
- February 8 EARTH ORBIT: The Crash Virus permanently disables Harris-3M’s Halo, Angel Station, and Nerva stations, while more than half of the other stations suffer fatal system failures. In the majority all of these cases, all onboard are killed.
- February 12 UK, IRELAND: In response to the Crash Virus, The United Kingdom and Ireland close their borders, ceasing all traffic in and out of the islands.
- March 1 USA: After studying data from the first failed attempt at combating the Crash Virus, the directors of Echo Mirage use a presidential emergency order to recruit a new team of erratic but brilliant data processing mavericks from industry and academia.
- April 9 USA: Despite major security measures, the computer virus infects the national air traffic-control network and causes twenty-seven plane crashes within two hours, killing thousands. Among the dead is Keruba International CEO Kerpan Ubavie; his death severely destabilizes Keruba.
- April 12 JAPAN: After securing a massive loan from Global Financial Services, corporate raider Inazo Aneki buys out the panicked Keruba International shareholders and forms Renraku Holdings . In the following years Aneki begins building Renraku into a powerful corporate player from it’s corporate headquarters in Chiba, Japan. 
- May 1 AZTLAN: A major earthquake hits Tenochtitlan; more than five thousand are confirmed dead with several thousand more missing. Much of the older architecture in the city—including the Metropolitan Cathedral—is destroyed. 
- June 27 FRANCE: Seeking a return to political power, the French nobility stir up rumors that the government is using the Crash to cover-up the plundering of the national coffers by government officials. Angry citizens take to the streets all across the country.
- July 10 USA: In the Seattle Metroplex, the Redmond district collapses in the aftermath of the Crash Virus due to its dependent on the computer industry. Rapidly escalating crime causes local law enforcement sets up barriers around the district. The district never recovers and is eventually known as the Redmond Barrens.
- July 14 FRANCE: In a military coup led by Gen. Lepoivere, the Fifth Republic falls amid social chaos and economic disaster.
- July 30 ITALY: The Crash Virus destroys the Mafia’s worldwide financial network. With their assets gone—and still under attack by the more aggressive and ruthless Vory—the Mafia is forced to return to its roots in other more basic criminal enterprises, delving back into neighborhood protection, drug dealing, and smuggling.
- August 10 EUROPE: Powerless in the face of the Crash with its member states collapsing around it, the European Union is officially dissolved.
- August 20 SWITZERLAND: Switzerland’s banks recover relatively quickly from the Crash Virus thanks to paranoid financial protocols set in place before the Crash—.
- August 30 USA: The new Echo Mirage team enters the worldwide data network to battle the Crash Virus armed with improved cyberterminals. Eighteen minutes after entry, four members are dead from lethal biofeedback. Their sacrifice isn’t wasted as scientists analyze the data taken from their cyberterminals and learn how to combat the biofeedback generated by the Crash Virus. Also, it is noted with horror by corporate observers that no computer security protocol in existence can slow down a cyberterminal user. Funds flow into corporate research programs searching for ways to prevent intrusion by hackers using cyberterminals.
- November 10 SALISH-SHIDHE COUNCIL: The Salish-Shidhe Council opens its borders to all metahumans, not just Native Americans. First generation UGE elves from a variety of tribes move to the Mount Rainier area and form a new tribe called the Sinsearach. Dwarves, orks, and trolls move to the area as well, but in smaller numbers.
- November 28 USA: The new Echo Mirage team slowly learns techniques that allow them to isolate and contain the virus. Equipped with the new combat programs and beefed-up, slimmed-down cyberterminals, they begin a two-year process of purging the Crash Virus from global computer systems.
- The Native American Nations open their borders to all metahumans.
- Iceland becomes a protectorate of Trans-polar Aleut Nation.
A New World Order (2030-2039)[edit | edit source]
2030: UCAS[edit | edit source]
- February 4 USA: In Detroit, Michigan, Ares Macrotechnology CEO Nicholas Aurelius retires.
- February 22 USA: In Big Sur Coast, California, pesticides and chemical fertilizers used by agrobusinesses in the northern region pollute the area so badly it is no longer able to sustain life. Instead of offering to clean up the area, the agrobusinesses abandon it.
- March 11 PORTUGAL: A small IT corporation called Aegis Cognito makes a name for itself recovering and reconstructing data lost in the Crash. Aegis will eventually become one of the largest private intelligence contractors in the world.
- April 8 USA: In Chicago, Illinois, simsense gets an added boost in design and concept when Dan Truman of Truman Technologies founds a colony of writers, painters and other artistic experts to work on the chips. The area grows as other corporations follow Truman’s model to branch into simsense technology.
- April 30 USA: In the Seattle Metroplex, Campana & Carrindum Technical Industries accuses Aztechnology of engineering the Crash Virus and launches a series of assaults on Aztechnology facilities. Aztechnology defends itself and completely wipes out C&C. To prevent any such “misunderstandings” in the future, Seattle’s most powerful corporations form the United Corporate Council (UCC)
- May 16 FRANCE: Brittany, still plagued by the Mist, is designated an autonomous region. Under the charismatic leadership of High Druid Gwendal Le Pellec, the High Council of Brittany is established to rule the region.
- June 1 ASAMANDO: Thousands of ghouls gather in Northern Ghana along the Black Volta River. Under the leadership of Thema Laula the ghouls found their own nation, naming it Asamando after the Asante land of the dead.
- October 15 UCAS: President MacAlister and Canadian Prime Minister Harold Frazier sign a treaty, the Act of Union, to merge the remaining states of America with what is left of Canada to form the United Canadian and American States. This includes Canada’s major industrial center and even more importantly, her remaining natural resources.
- November 29 CARIBBEAN LEAGUE: A study of the infamous Bermuda Triangle by the University of Chicago Magical Studies Department finds no magical anomalies strong enough to affect large physical objects such as planes or ships. The only hint of magical activity is a low background count that gives astral space in the area a “fuzzy” appearance.
- Winter SALISH-SHIDHE COUNCIL: Aithne Oakforest, Sean Laverty, and Lugh Surehand start a swift rise to power in the southern region. Around the same time, the a soft spoken author known only as Ehran the Scribe appears in Portland.
- Awakened forces in Russia seize Siberia.
- Brian O’Malley is shot and killed in his home by Yakuza assassins. A retaliatory hit the next day kills the Yakuza oyabun responsible, along with his lieutenants. Losses on both sides of the Mafia/Yakuza conflict result in a truce. Patrick Finnigan becomes don of his family and the capo of Seattle. 
- Yakut proclaims independence from Russia.
- The city of Sydney declares its independence from Australia.
- The elven duchy of Pomorya is established in Germany.
- The Defense Government in France officially charges the Druidic Revival of Britanny movement to monitor the Mist.
- Nicholas Aurelius retires as CEO and Chairman of the Board of Ares Industries. He is replaced by his son Leonard.
- Francis Daniels is killed during riots in Washington DC
- The Super Bowl is canceled.
- Concrete Dreams plays its first show at Club Penumbra in Seattle, UCAS
- Germany’s first commercial fusion power plant goes online in Garching near Munich.
- India launches a tactical nuclear weapon against Kashmir, because of Pakistani support of insurgents. Pakistan responds with four of its own tactical nuclear weapons.Two explode on the launchpad.The other two successfully detonate in Kashmir. The UN and Corporate Court prevent the situation from escalating. A Corporate Court covert op task force removes the rest of Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal
2031: First Euro-War[edit | edit source]
2032: Eurowar I[edit | edit source]
- January 12: In Alpena, Michigan, Owen Whiting’s non-allergenic cellular protein structure is identified during a routine flu treatment.
- February 10: The Ute Nation Council approves a proposal from Maritech Enterprises to turn the Sevier Bridge Reservoir into a freshwater fish farm.
- March 1: Senators from Alabama and Georgia lead a walk out of southern bloc legislators. Atlanta hosts representatives from fourteen states to discuss secession from the UCAS.
- March 21: The first trideo broadcast is Concrete Dreams’s public debut of their music trideo for “Sons of Thunder” on RockNet’s “New Notes” program. The performance introduces the music world to the synthlink.
- May 14: The American Medical Association develops its rules and guidelines for the medical practice of magic.
- August 19: The Corporate Court involves itself in the reconstruction of worldwide communications lines, known as the Matrix.
- September 28: Lone Star Security Services is granted extraterritoriality.
- October 30: Several megacorporations in the Seattle Metroplex are robbed of millions of nuyen in the same week. The money and the perpetrators are never found.
- November 2: UCAS President Andrew McAlister and Vice-President Harold Frazier win the first UCAS-wide election, keeping them in office.
- November 15: A consortium of Corporate Court members – Ares, Aztechnology, BMW, JRJ International, Mitsuhama, Renraku, and Shiawase – takes over Global Financial Services.
- The Human MetaHuman Vampiric Virus (HMHVV) is isolated.
- The Corporate Court takes over the ITCC, placing RTG regulation firmly in its jurisdiction. The name of the authority is changed to the Corporate Court Matrix Authority (CCMA).
- Baseball becomes the first major-league sport to allow cyberware.
- Eurowar I continues.
- The Olympic Games are canceled.
- A dozen large Filipino and Japanese companies merge to form Yamatetsu.
- Michel Beloit, head of BMW, dies under mysterious circumstances. His widow, Wilhelmina Graff-Beloit, becomes Chairman of the Board.
- The UCAS government grants Lone Star Security Services a contract to privatize Drug Enforcement Agency duties.
- The Technocratic Party is formed in the UCAS.
- The Japanese Yakuza sends a new upper echelon of Koreans to Seattle to rebuild gumis nearly crippled by conflicts with the Mafia. These Korean leaders begin aggressively reclaiming lost territory 
2033: Nanosecond Buyout[edit | edit source]
- January: Nicholas Aurelius, founder of Ares, dies of a heart attack.
- January 20: Andrew McAlister is re-inaugurated as President of the UCAS.
- January 23: Swedish airspace monitors detect flights of aircraft they cannot conclusively identify flying across northern Europe. The phantom aircraft destroy key command and control centers for forces on both sides of the Euro War while unidentified commandos kill key military commanders and crash their Matrix networks. The United Kingdom denies any involvement in the affair in the wake of rumors that the aircraft were FA-38 Nightwraiths and the commandos were SAS.
- January 24: Russia and the European Alliance announce a cease-fire, effectively ending the EuroWar.
- January 24: Damien Knight acquires 22% of Ares Macrotechnology stock in approximately one minute of pre-programmed trading. He ousts Leonard Aurelius and makes himself CEO.
- March 15: Global Financial Services is renamed Zurich-Orbital Gemeinschaft Bank and moved to the Zurich-Orbital Habitat (previously Freedom Station).
- June 7 UCAS: After the research project at Turner Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia is abandoned, homeless people move into the abandoned structure. As the numbers increase, those inside build their own micro-society by using simple rules such as “might makes right.”
- August 5 UCAS: In Tulsa, Oklahoma, the Tulsa School Board refuses to admit a troll into school. To add insult to injury, the board then tries to fine the parents for violating the state’s compulsory education law. The Grumman family files a suit against the board but loses.
- September 4: The United Islamic Conference dissolves. Mullah Sayid Jazrir, a spiritual leader of al-Qaeda, forms the Alliance for Allah from terrorist groups and extreme right-wing governments.
- October 30: Grumman v. Tulsa School Board. The Grumman family argues that the school board unfairly expelled their son after his Goblinization, prevented him from returning when ordered to resume schooling, prevented the family from attending town hall meetings, fined the family for violating compulsory education laws, and destroyed public records of the family’s complaints. The court finds in favor of the school board.
- November 14: Ken Roper and Michael Eld, former members of Echo Mirage and founders of Matrix Systems, demonstrate their prototype cyberdeck in Boston, UCAS. A power outage ends the demonstration.
- The elven state of Pomorya is founded in northeast Germany.
- The USDP-ESPP coalition wins the election in Germany.
- Aztechnology surreptitiously murders Aztlan President Francisco Pavón for disobedience; is “called home by the Plumed Serpent“, a polite euphemism. Shadowtalk in Aztlan reveals he was killed in a palace coup by his ORO handlers.
2034: Amazonia, CAS, Tír na nÓg[edit | edit source]
- February 28: The Shiawase Corporation receives a patent from the Corporate Court for its genetically-engineered type O tissues.
- March 31: The University of Chicago and the Atlantean Foundation establish Elemental Hall on Lake Michigan.
- May 1: Matrix Systems releases the first gray-market cyberterminal, the Portal.
- June 12: Ireland’s State President Charles McGoldrick is impeached for involvement in vidphone-tapping, illegal surveillance of political opponents, and corruption on a grand scale. 
- June 12: Ken Roper and Michael Eld, the founders of Matrix Systems, both die in freak accidents.
- June 13: Matrix Systems’s main computer suffers a catastrophic crash, destroying all data concerning the Portal. The prototypes go missing as well.
- July 4: The United Kingdom gives Primrose Hill and the surrounding buildings to the New Druidic Movement to serve as its headquarters.
- August 7: Richard Villiers acquires one-third of Fuchi Industrial Electronics in exchange for all of his North American holdings, his Corporate Court seat, and his backup data and prototype of the Portal.
- August 28: Hualpa, Sirrurg, and an unidentified third great dragon lead a force of Awakened and metahumans to seize Manaus in the Amazon Basin. The force begins to seize more territory, spreading outward from the Basin.
- October 14: The Alliance for Allah launches its Great Jihad, attacking Israel, Russia, the Indian Union, the Balkans, and the Iberian Peninsula.Shadows of Asia states October 13
- November 2: Following the fall of Brasilia and the surrender of Brazil, Hualpa announces the foundation of Amazonia.
- November 10: The Confederation of American States secedes from the UCAS.
- December 11: A state of emergency is declared in Ireland while the legislature enacts further changes to the constitution. 
- December 19: Representatives from the UCAS and CAS sign the Treaty of Richmond, confirming the UCAS’s recognition of the CAS as a sovereign nation.
- December 25: Seamus O’Kennedy announces further government reforms and the formation of Tír na nÓg. Many humans emigrate in response. 
- December 31: South Florida joins the Caribbean League.
- Aithne Oakforest, Sean Laverty, and Lugh Surehand direct the construction of duplicate communications infrastructure in the south Salish-Shidhe Council. They eventually have an independent state in all but name.
- Aztlan withdraws from the Sovereign Tribal Council and the Native American Nations when they refuse to pressure the UCAS into ceding Texas.
2035: Tir Tairngire[edit | edit source]
- January 10: The NAN sector of Denver is divided into three zones under the control of the Pueblo Corporate Council, Sioux Nation, and Ute Nation.
- March: Liam O’Connor becomes State President of Tír na nÓg.
- April 16: Atlanta is chosen as the national capital of the CAS.
- May 1: At 12:00 PM GMT, a broadcast originating from Portland overrides all terrestrial signals. Lugh Surehand declares the independence of Tír Tairngire from the Native American Nations with himself as High Prince. Tír Tairngire repulses six military responses to its declaration. California is the only state to initially recognize the independent state.
- May 9: The NAN member states, except the Salish-Shidhe Council, recognize Tír Tairngire’s sovereignty.
- The Tsimshian Nation secedes from the NAN in response to Tír Tairngire’s secession.
- May 17: Aztlan invades Texas, capturing the cities of Austin and San Antonio. The capital of Texas is moved to Dallas-Fort Worth.
- July 9: Satellite imaging confirms that the landscape of Africa is undergoing radical transformations.
- August: Jonathon Reed, Maria Cinebal, and Dar Varien are appointed to the Council of Princes of Tír Tairngire.
- Lofwyr is appointed to the Council of Princes of Tír Tairngire.
- September 10: The CAS refuses to support Texan resistance to Aztlan aggression and Texas secedes from the union.
- October 30: The Tír Tairngire Council of Princes increases its membership to eleven, inducting Blake Ladner, Garth Stone, Larry Zincan, and Rex as its new princes.
- Martin de Vries leaves/is expelled from the Ordo Maximus.
- November 20: The Corporate Court saves the United Nations from dissolution.
- December 22: The Yarrow nuclear power plant in the United Kingdom suffers a catastrophic meltdown, creating the Northern Irradiated Zone.
2036: California Free State[edit | edit source]
- January 11: Texas is readmitted to the CAS. 
- Parts of New Mexico and Oklahoma join the CAS.
- March 23: California secedes from the UCAS. Aztlan invades southern California, taking the city of San Diego after UCAS President Andrew McAlister orders the Pacific Fleet to abandon the harbor. Tír Tairngire invades northern California, going as far as Redding. Governor Treacle appeals to Japan for aid. Japan recognizes California’s sovereignty and promises economic and military aid.Sixth World Almanac says March 21.
- April 8: The Lone Star board of directors replaces founder Clay Wilson with his brother James Wilson as CEO and elects Wendy Manderscheid as chairman of the board.
- April 19: Druidic magic transforms acres of Scottish pine forest into deciduous forest. The area is later called the Scottish Wild Lands.
- May 1: The Tír Tairngire Council of Princes holds the nation’s first Rite of Progression.
- June 23: Twenty people, mostly metahumans, are killed when napalm is thrown into a church in New Visions, Ohio, UCAS. A previously unknown group calling itself Alamos 20,000 takes credit in a badly-spelled message to the press.
- August 2: The Japanese Imperial State grants control of its national currency, the nuyen, to Zurich-Orbital Gemeinschaft Bank. The nuyen is adopted as the world reserve currency. 
- August 21: The Great Dragon Lofwyr announces his hostile takeover of BMW/Krupp at a shareholder meeting, revealing his ownership of 63% of company stock and usurping Wilhelmina Graff-Beloit as CEO.
- September 4: A modification to the 14th Amendment of the UCAS Constitution is ratified, establishing the System Identification Number system and requiring all citizens to register for a SIN.
- September 9: Fuchi Industrial Electronics introduces the CDT-1000 cyberterminal. The third-generation cyberterminal is the size of a desktop box.
- September 18: Tír Tairngire begins building a wall around Portland to keep international traders confined. The seat of government is moved to Royal Hill, west of Portland. 
- October: Doctors Akiko Kano and Arthur White Eagle win the Nobel Prize for their work on the Kano-White Eagle Theory of Metaphysical Phenomena.
- November: Victor Allenson becomes governor of Seattle.
- November: The first elections in the CAS are sporadic and ill-run. Most pro-tem officials are re-elected by default.
- November 4: CAS: Sean Timbs is elected president of the CAS.
- November 4: Martin Vincenzo of the new Technocratic Party, running with Republican Vernon Washington, is elected President of the UCAS, beating incumbent Andrew McAlister. The Technocratic Party also gains its first seats in the UCAS Congress.
- Portuguese Minister of the Economy Godinho proposes the Godinho Plan, calling for the incorporation and partial nationalization of the 150 largest Portuguese companies into a single corporation, Lusiada.
- The Five Days of Milan protests against the corp-backed Lega Nord ultra-nationalist party turn to violence, causing the fall of the Italian government. Pope John XXV negotiates a settlement between the corporations and the sindaci (mayors). The cities of Genoa, Milan and Turin are written off as a catastrophe zone and renamed the Special Administrative Zone of Genoa-Milan-Turin (GeMiTo).
- Eurowar II
- Ambrosius Publications releases the first issue of the Manual of Practical Thaumaturgy.
2037: Denver Data Haven[edit | edit source]
- February 7 CFS: California appeals to Japan for aid in defending its remaining territory. In response, two Japanese Imperial Marine light divisions are sent to take control of San Francisco. They arrive simultaneously by air at San Francisco’s International Airport and the Alameda Naval Air Station and declare martial law, claiming a need to “protect Japanese lives and corporate assets.”
- February 27 DENVER: Denver Data Haven, an underground computer clearing house for illegal and bootleg information, goes online. Located in the old USAF Academy in Colorado Springs, it becomes a force to be reckoned with inside the Matrix shadow community in the years that follow.
- March 2 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: The wall around Portland is completed.
- March 4 CFS: Northern California populace waged guerrilla warfare against the invading Tír Tairngire’s army, forcing it to retreat to Yreka. An unofficial stalemate is reached, with both nations claiming control over the lands between Yreka and Redding.
- May 18 GERMANY: Lofwyr moves the Saeder-Krupp headquarters to Essen, turning the city into the great dragon’s personal kingdom.
- June 12 CAS: DocWagon is founded in Atlanta, Georgia. It promises to provide faster and better emergency on-site medical care than any other private paramedical service.
- July 14 FRANCE: The Sixth Republic of France is founded after the military relinquishes control of the French government to Euro Wars hero Antoine d’Orléans.
- August 22 JAPAN: Emotive signal processing is enabled in commercial simsense via Fuchi Industrial Electronic’s RealSense technology.
- Mullah Sayid Jazrir is assassinated in Istanbul, ending the second Eurowar.
- Lofwyr announces his 63% ownership of Saeder-Krupp and votes himself chairman of the board, president, and CEO.
- Wolves and bears are restored to the Scottish Wild Lands.
- The first North American Urban Brawl championship, “Super Brawl,” is held.
- Tsimshian officially seceded from the Native American Nations.  
- Daniel “Howling Coyote” Coleman resigned as head for the Sovereign Tribal Council and withdrew from society.  
- GERMANY: Opel, Mercedes, and BMW offer automobiles equipped for operation by riggers for the first time at the International Automotive Show.
2038: Lambeth Riots[edit | edit source]
- March 30—GERMANY: Due to what is believed to be a navigational error, the hydrogen-filled airship Lothar Späth flies into the path of a dragon over the Black Forest. The Lothar Späth explodes after the dragon retaliates with it’s firey breath, killing all forty passengers and crew.
- April 12—GERMANY: The Anarchist Black Crescent organization, an anarchist paramedic service dedicated to aiding those the traditional medical services can’t, or more often won’t, help, is founded in Berlin by Louise Derrida and Ozgur al Houssari, a Turkish-Palestinian hobgoblin.
- April 20—CAS: Computer genius Steven Z. Ridgemont founds FTL Technologies. His persona code will be standard on Fuchi cyberdecks for years.
- May 21: The German states of Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg secede from the Federal Republic and declare themselves the South German League. Corporate pressure forces the federal government to accept the secession. Alfons Hunggarten of the right-wing Bavarian People’s Party (BVP) becomes the SGL’s first chancellor. Sixth World Almanac says May 12
- June 10 UK: A London television station reveals that, for the past fifteen years, the Adams-Hoffmann Corporation was conducting genetic experiments on the poverty stricken populace on the Lambeth neighborhoods.
- June 25 UK: Dissatisfied with the government response to the Adams-Hoffmann scandal, the people of Lambeth begin to riot. The first riot ends on the Tower Bridge, when UK troops open fire on rioters, killing nineteen. The event gives birth to the terrorist organization, the Lambeth Martyrs.
- August 3 UK: The government uses the military to seal off Lambeth when they are unable to restore order in it, creating the Lambeth Containment Zone.
- September 1 TÍR NA NÓG: Ares Macrotechnology is expelled from the Tir na nOg because they allowed cybernetically-enhanced employees into the country, .
- September 9 UCAS: After a hostile takeover war, negotiation result in a merger of the Chrysler corporation and the Nissan corporation, creating the new corporation of Chrysler-Nissan.
- The Lambeth Martyrs attack three London subway stations, killing nearly a hundred people, and strikes Dulwich Village, killing 74 people, including a former Prime Minister.
- Emperor Leopold of Austria disappears in the midst of a controversy on suicidal orders given by Austrian generals to Czech and Hungarian units during Eurowar II.
- In Italy, the Venitia, Mezzogiorno and Sicily establish autonomous local governments.
- France enacts the Loi Loureau (Loureau Act) to control the application of corporate extraterritoriality.
- The Southern Conservative Party breaks away from the CAS Republican Party.
- Great Chief Deborah Jim is named head of the Tsimshian government.
- Fuchi takes over JRJ International, thus obtaining AAA rating.
- The Harris-3M corporation goes out of business.
- Yukiako Watanabe becomes Chairman of the Board of Renraku, replacing Inazo Aneki, who remains President and CEO.
- Construction of arkobloks in Cuxhaven and Wilhelmshaven begins.
- The Acoola-class submarine Gahanna Girl disappears in the Bermuda Triangle.
- A blizzard hits Denver.
- The first Super Bowl since 2030 is held.
- Judy Hofsted becomes the first woman to win a professional baseball contract, signing with the Detroit Tigers.
2039: Night of Rage[edit | edit source]
- February 7: The Night of Rage. Disenfranchised metahumans around the world take to the streets in protest of their discrimination. Some protests turn violent.
- February 8: The events in Seattle spark racial violence worldwide. In New York, 836 die. In Australia, initial racial violence by people of Asian origin prompts wider violence against people of Asian origin. In Berlin, anarchists attack authorities. In Czechia, Muslims are targeted. In Poland, the National Republic of Poland is established under martial law with Russian support to quell the troubles.
- February 10: Members of Alamos 20,000, using a combination of magic and explosives, destroy the Sears Tower in Chicago, Illinois, UCAS. The death toll reaches 26,000.
- March: Anarchists establish the Free State of Berlin.
- March 17: Bloody Thursday in Boston, UCAS. The Knights of the Red Branch Irish terrorist organization plant a bomb in an elven restaurant, killing 24. The St. Patrick’s Day parade degenerates into a race riot, killing or injuring hundreds.<.
- June 1: The Universal Matrix Specifications Conference sponsored by Fuchi takes place in Tokyo, Japan. More than 7,000 humans and metahumans meet for three months to determine the details of Matrix programming. The rules are called the Universal Matrix Specifications (UMS) and are adopted world-wide.
- July 5: In Charleston, CAS, a victim’s ghost help discover evidences leading to the arrest of a serial killer.
- August 6: The Pan-Europa terrorist group releases a para-viral agent on London, with destructive effects on wood and biofabrics. It damages the London domes beyond repair.. While unproven, there is some claim that the para-viral agent came from France.
- August 13 AZANIA: An accord is reached by the nations of the Cape Republic, Zulu Nation, Oranje-Vrysraar, and the Trans-Swazi Federation, creating the Azanian Confederation.
- September 10: The CAS Senate hearings begin to investigate charges of racial prejudice against metahumans. The committee’s shocking report verifies that conditions amount to slavery in most states. In response, the Native American Nations impose heavy trade sanctions on the CAS to speed up the passage of metahuman equality laws.
- September 16: Nadja Daviar becomes the interpreter of Great Dragon Dunkelzahn after they meet in Paris.
- November 15: Monarchists in Shaanxi province stage a coup and install Michelle Chou as queen.
- The Mather Group purchases the Cabrini Green housing projects from the city of Chicago and attempts to evict the residents. The ensuing violence kills thirty-two and causes millions of nuyen in damages. Mather becomes de facto landlord for the housing projects, using local gangs as “security” in exchange for a cut of their illegal profits.
- Lusiada corporation’s consolidation is achieved.
- The Danube Union is dissolved.
- A massive chemical spill in the Teesside area of Great Britain results in more than 70,000 deaths.
- Wu Kuan-Lei, founder of Wuxing and one of the architects of Hong Kong’s independence, dies of old age. He is succeeded at Wuxing by his son, Wu Lung-Wei.
- The superheavyweight class (95 kilograms and up) is introduced into the World Boxing Association and the International Boxing Commission to accommodate augmented human and metahuman fighters.
- A blizzard brings Las Vegas, Ute, to a standstill.
Corporate Mess (2040-2049)[edit | edit source]
2040: Azania[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Caitlin O’Connal of UCLA finishes her report on the collective “universal brotherhood” of metahumanity, but no scientific journal will publish it.
- The Thomas Jefferson International Airport opens in North Virginia, near Washington FDC
- Spring: CZECH REPUBLIC: The University of Prague refocuses their magical training into on cross-traditional approaches, garnering worldwide recognition.
- April 7: The Athabaskan Council designates sasquatches as a sapient species, according them the same inalienable rights as metahumans. They are one of the first nations in the world to do so.
- July 18: The Islamic Unity Movement negotiates an end to the Iran-Iraq War.
- July 20: Noted mage Martin de Vries strikes off on a series of one-man vampire hunts.
- August 13: The Cape Republic, Zulu Nation, Oranje-Vrystaat, and the Trans-Swazi Federation unite into the Confederated Azanian Nations.
- September 10: Construction begins on the Renraku Arcology in Seattle.
- Fall: BTL abuse climbs to record heights in the Republic of Korea. Over the next ten years, it is slowly contained through the efforts of socially conscious groups like the Church of Unification.
- October 15: New evidence reveals the approval of the British government for the Adams-Hoffman experiments.
- November 6: Carl Preston is elected President of the UCAS. Joseph Alexander is elected President of the CAS.
- Southern Conservatives gain control of the CAS Senate.
- December 12: New Horizons corporation comes under investigation for its Superkids project, overseen by New Horizons CEO Paul Louberge, when one of them commits suicide. The program is shut down when discoveries of extensive genetic manipulation, in conjunction with physical and mental abuse, are discovered.
- December 14: CAS President-Elect Alexander selects several metahumans for key Cabinet positions, which persuades the NAN to lift some sanctions.
- December 25: A magical explosion destroys part of a casino on the former site of a Connecticut Indian reservation, killing eighteen people and wounding dozens. A group calling itself Warpath claims responsibility.
- The Democratic Reform Party breaks away from the Southern Democratic Party to protest the CAS’s lack of action during the Night of Rage.
- Military forces establish the Mazury-Białowieski Containment Area in Poland.
- AresSpace buys out Qantas Airlines.
- Al “Thumper” Grater plays his last professional baseball game with the Seattle Mariners. After being beaned in the head by a pitch, he hits a home run off the next pitch, then collapses as he reaches the third base.
2041: Flight 329[edit | edit source]
2042: Wyrm Talk[edit | edit source]
- January 10 TÍR NA NÓG: President Liam O’Connor is elected as High Steward. Tir na nOg has March 2042
- February 5 UCAS: Automation of coffin motels becomes standard.
- February 24 TSIMSHIAN: Tsimshian military forces wipe out the Haida National Front (HNF), imprisoning founder John George.
- March 7 JAPAN: Yamatetsu achieves AAA status and is awarded a seat on the Corporate Council. Simultaneously, a previously unknown investor named Ms. Buttercup acquires an eleven percent stake in the corporation.
- March 13 GLOBAL: The requirements for corporate extraterritoriality are established by the Business Recognition Accords.
- April 8 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: Ehran the Scribe throws his support behind Lester’s Gaia Hypothesis. This theory contends that if the biosphere is a living organism, its Awakening will cause “ripple effects” in minerals, soil, and landscapes.
- April 20 SALISH-SHIDHE: After formally becomes a great dragon, Masaru builds a lair on Vancouver Island.
- April 25 SICHUAN: Canton Confederation forces are driven back by Sichuanese combat mage Liang Hong’s magic.
- May 31 SOUTHERN GERMAN LEAGUE: Metahumans rounded up and sent to camps when the Eugenics Project is activated.
- June 1 SOUTHERN GERMAN LEAGUE: Long dormant volcanoes in the Eifel region of the SGL erupt simultaneously.
- June 2 SOUTHERN GERMAN LEAGUE: The Eugenics Project is abandoned, but many metahumans still flee the region.
- June 7 UCAS: Ares Project Cydonia launches a probe to perform detailed scans of Mars.
- July 7 UCAS: A joint committee to consider physical adepts in sports is chartered by the pro sports commissioners.
- August 10 CZECH REPUBLIC: Non-metahuman sentient beings are granted to limited citizenship. 
- September 9 UCAS: Starring the great dragon Dunkelzahn, the first episode of Wyrm Talk airs.
- October 21 CONSTANTINOPLE: After declaring independence from Turkey, Istanbul changes its name back to Constantinople.
- October 25 ITALY: Pope John XXV allows women into the Roman Catholic priesthood.
- November 8 DENMARK: Lobatchevski Vory takes control of Ship City.
- November 13 GLOBAL: The United Nations recognizes Sasquatch and hsing-sing as sentient species.
- December 8 UCAS: Veil agents intercept and destroy all data from the Cydonia Mars probes.
- The Eurowars officially end.
- The Munich Amendments to the Geneva Convention are passed, integrating the Copenhagen Accords.
- Zeta-ImpChem’s practice of dumping neurotoxins in central Africa is exposed in the Polydopa scandal.
- DocWagon opens its first franchises outside of Atlanta.
- Liang Hong is appointed General of Sichuan.
- Akira Watada, oyabun of the Watada-rengo, issues an ultimatum to the Korean oyabuns of Seattle. They must pledge their loyalty to the Watada-rengo or suffer the consequences. 
- First biannual international Urban Brawl World Cup.
2043: Seoulpa Rings[edit | edit source]
- February 1: The Universal Brotherhood opens its first chapters in San Francisco, Ukiah, and Gilroy, California.
- February 19: The Black Forest Troll Kingdom is founded in Germany.
- March 19: Flanders and the Netherlands form the United Netherlands.
- April 7: The Grand Duchy of Westrhine-Luxembourg is founded in Germany.
- May 1: Tír Tairngire holds its second Rite of Progression.
- May 2: Tír na nÓg State President Liam O’Connor disappears. James O’Brien replaces him and William O’Dunn is named High Stewart.
- May 21:Brane Deigh declares herself Rian, Queen of the Seelie Court.
- Tír Tairngire establishes the Star Chamber, an assembly of representatives of 128 districts.
- June 14: The Kurdish Autonomous Zone is established over parts of eastern Turkey and northern Iraq under the leadership of Ahmed Massoud.
- June 22: Earthquakes strike southern France and western Germany.
- June 29: The EBMM Scandal, involving magical cheating in an Urban Brawl match, tarnishes the season in Germany.
- July 8: Rhiannon Glendower becomes Countess of Snowdon.
- July 13: The CAS governmental facilities of Freepark in Atlanta are completed.
- July 22: DocWagon opens its first Seattle office.
- July 31: The first professional gladiator matches take place in the UCAS.
- August 10: The Seattle yakuza purge the Koreans from their ranks. The survivors form the first Seoulpa Rings. 
- August 22: Tsimshian introduces public executions during the yearly potlatch ceremony.
- August 30: Earthquakes shake the Upper Rhine in the AGS.
- September 14: Professor Marius Kochik of the University of Prague presents the Unified Magical Theory.
- October 5: Switzerland moves the bulk of its administrative apparatus to the Matrix.
- Sakehisa Tajika, chairman of the board of Ares Macrotechnology retires. He is replaced by Damien Knight.
- November 25: Mankind Ascendant, the first book by Ehran the Scribe, is published.
- Gwynedd elves make major advances in Welsh regional parliament.
- The Nationale Aktion terrorist group massacres several people at Munich Olympic Village in Germany.
- A terrorist attack by Protestant extremists using incendiary bombs in London, Great Britain, kills 31 and maims 102.
- The inaugural train of the high-speed rail link between Melbourne and Canberra in Australia crashes into a road train. Most passengers, including celebrities, are killed.
2044: The Oyabun[edit | edit source]
- April 7 ATHABASKAN COUNCIL: The council designates sasquatches as a sapient species, according them the same inalienable rights as metahumans. They are one of the first nations in the world to do so.
- Spring CZECH REPUBLIC: The University of Prague refocuses their magical training into on cross-traditional approaches, garnering worldwide recognition.
- May: Chancellor Alfons Hunggarten attempted to break the monopoly of foreign corporations. The South German League collapses after corporations withdraw their support. A constitutional council is established to reorganize Germany.
- May 10: All South German datagrids ceased to function for the next three days.
- May 14: South German economy stood on the brink of collapse and the Association of German Unions called for a general strike.
- May 15: Several dragons flew in formation over the cities of Munich and Stuttgart, which many residents took as a bad omen.
- May 16: Foreign governments froze any assets of the South German Federation held in their banks.
- May 17: The security force MET2000 dissolved its contract with the South German government, depriving it of an army.
- May 18: Chancellor Alfons Hunggarten is forced to resign.
- July 18 MIDDLE EAST: War breaks out between Iran and Iraq, which quickly embroils much of the Middle East. Badr al—Din Ibn Eisa resolves the conflict in conjunction with his Islamic Unity Movement.
- July 20 EUROPE: Noted mage Martin de Vris strikes off on a series of one-man vampire hunts.
- September 10 UCAS: Construction begins on the Renraku Arcology in the Seattle Metroplex, .
- Fall KOREA: BTL abuse climbs to record heights. Over the next ten years it is slowly contained through the efforts of socially conscious groups like the Church of Unifi cation.
- October 15 UK: Evidence emerges that suggests that the Conservative government encouraged the Adams-Hoffmann Project 42-20, leading to the Conservative’s downfall in the following year.
- November 6 UCAS: Carl Preston is elected President of the UCAS.
- November 6 CAS: Joseph Alexander is elected President of the CAS.
- December 12 UCAS: New Horizons corporation comes under investigation for its Superkids project, overseen by New Horizons CEO Paul Louberge, when one of them commits suicide. The program is shut down when discoveries of extensive genetic manipulation, in conjunction with physical and mental abuse are discovered.
- December 14 CAS: Several metahumans are tapped for key cabinet posts by President Elect Alexander, which persuades the NAN to lift some of its sanctions.
- December 25 UCAS: In Connecticut, a casino on the former site of an Indian reservation is hit with a magical explosion that destroys part of the building, killing eighteen people and wounding dozens. A group calling itself Warpath claims responsibility.
- Hanzo Shotozumi is appointed the oyabun of the 87th Prefecture in Seattle. He re-institutes and enforces traditional yakuza ways and values, and begins an aggressive campaign to expand yakuza operations in the Pacific Northwest. 
- War between Taiwan and the Canton Confederation leads to streams of refugees pouring into Hong Kong.
- The Olympic Games are held for the first time since 2032. Multinational teams backed by corporate interests are allowed to compete.
NOTE: ALL SIXTH WORLD ALMANAC ENTRIES FOR 2044 ARE DUPLICATES FROM 2040
2045: German Alliance founded[edit | edit source]
- February 23 AZTLAN: Guatemala is accepted into the Aztlaner republic as a member state.
- April 1: The Universal Brotherhood opens its Seattle headquarters, the Octagon.
- May 8: The Federal Republic of Germany is replaced by the Allied German States.
- May 15 EARTH ORBIT: The Corporate Court promotes Wuxing to extraterritorial status.
- May 24 SWITZERLAND: The new United Nations HQ in Geneva completed, and is inaugurated with the signing of the new UN Charter.
- June 2 UCAS: The last stage of Manhattan’s earthquake reconstruction is completed.
- June 6 AZTLAN: Belize is accepted into the Aztlaner republic as a member state.
- June 19 CFS: An offshore reactor near Los Angeles explodes, creating a radioactive tidal wave called the Green Tide that devastates communities from Ventura to Oceanside.
- June 22 HAWAI’I: King Kamehameha V takes the throne of Hawai’i.
- July 12 UCAS: Physical Adepts allowed into professional sports.
- July 13 CAS: President Joseph Alexander dies in office, of an undisclosed cause. Vice President Timothy Newstrom assumes the presidency.
- August 7 CONSTANTINOPLE: Constantinople struck by a major earthquake.
- September 12 AZTLAN: Honduras is accepted into the Aztlaner republic as a member state.
- October 1 UCAS:Charles Gates, CEO of Microdeck Corporation in Seattle, disappears.
- October 13 AMC: The elven Manitou tribe is established in the Algonkian Council. The nation is renamed the Algonkian-Manitou Council (AMC).
- October 21 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: Crowds from all across the country flock to an all-simsense theme park that opens near Portland. 
- November 3 AUSTRALIA: The Tanamyre Corporation begins transforming the World Square building in Sydney into an arcology.
- December 31 CFS: Paul Grigg, shaman husband of the Universal Brotherhood’s founder and the person suspected of bringing the first insect spirit across the planes, commits suicide.
- Mafia Don Patrick Finnigan struggles to hold the line against yakuza encroachment in the Seattle metroplex, leading the Commissione to call Don James O’Malley out of enforced retirement to resume control of Seattle operations. O’Malley, his wife, and his 15-year-old daughter Rowena move to Seattle.
- Seoulpa Rings start making a name for themselves in the Seattle underworld as their operations expand, and they begin to encroach on the markets of the other syndicates.
- Aztechnology senior executive Reynaldo Texmachach is murdered by his bodyguard/secretary/mistress during a trip to Seattle to deal with problems with subsidiary Perfekto Polymers. She escapes into the Barrens and assumes the street name Maria Mercurial to feed her BTL addiction. 
2046: The Lost Election[edit | edit source]
- January 15 EGYPT: The Desert WarsTM are broadcast live, pulling in record-breaking ratings.
- January 23 AZTLAN: Earthquakes in southern Aztlan kill 14,000 and trigger a landslide that closes the Panama Canal to all but the smallest ships.
- January 30 ITALY: Don Lucio Feretti reorganizes the Mafia and creates the Alta Commissione.
- February 2 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: The professional baseball team Portland Lords is accepted into the MLB.
- February 12 AZTLAN: The Panama Canal Zone is turned over to Aztlan.
- April 18 SPAIN: Rapidly growing forests consume Asturias.
- April 24 CARIBBEAN LEAGUE: Dominican Republic’s government collapses. Pirate interests begin fighting over the country.
- May 16 UCAS: The simsense program Free Fall, starring Holly Brighton, breaks sim sales records and pushes simsense technology into the mass market.
- May 19 AGS: Dr. Robert Kortmann elected president.
- June 2 ISRAEL: Massive mana warp forces the abandonment of Jerusalem.
- June 4 UCAS: Ares celebrates the 150th anniversary of the automobile in Detroit.
- July 8: UCAS: The first International Urban Brawl World Cup takes place in Flint, Michigan.
- July 23 ISRAEL: The UN establishes an Ecumenical Council to rule Jerusalem.
- July 29 UCAS: Seattle band Shield Wall releases their first album.
- August 2: AUSTRIA: The Bruckner-Langer HMHVV strain, which turns humans into nosferatu, is isolated in Austria.
- August 14: HMHVV I’s effects on dwarves is recorded, turning them into goblins.
- August 23 MIDDLE EAST: The UN gains administrative control of the Suez Canal.
- September 10: CFS: A team of rogue deckers, known as Magestone, erases the results of California’s gubernatorial election, allegedly aided by a Los Angeles street gang. The so-called Lost Election prompts the government to declare war on the “criminal element” in Los Angeles, sending army and corporate mercenary troops to raze El Infierno. After fighting a losing battle, California’s central government declares Los Angeles a Free City.
- October 5 UK: Researchers discover an awakened freshwater serpent living in Loch Ness.
- October 31 UCAS: Seattle rocker Jetblack bursts onto the music scene. His “angst-rock” style rockets him to megastar status.
- November 16: Humanis Policlub is founded in Texas.
- December 21: AZTLAN: El Salvador and Nicaragua are both accepted into Aztlan as member states.
2047[edit | edit source]
2048: Operation Reciprocity[edit | edit source]
2049: Semi-Autonomous Knowbot[edit | edit source]
- January 1: Proteus AG is chartered in Germany.
- January 3 AGS: Proteus AG officially begins the construction of their headquarters in Helgoland.
- January 20 UCAS: Alan Adams is inaugurated President of the UCAS.
- February 17 CAS: Major Aztechnology shareholder Thomas Roxborough undergoes experimental gene therapy that leaves him unable to survive outside a specially designed vat.
- February 18 UCAS: The “street mercenary” style gains popularity among fashion leaders.
- March 4 UCAS: Leonard Aurelius ousts Damien Knight as chairman of the Ares board.
- March 26 AMAZONIA: The great feathered serpent Arleesh awakens.
- April 11 UK: Eco-terrorist organization Deep Green kills thirty-one aristocratic hunters in Dartmoor.
- May 14 UCAS: Maria Mercurial’s second album, Puta, is released.
- May 28 AZTLAN: Border control is turned over to Aztechnology Corporate Security.
- June 12 UTE: Metahumans calling themselves the Wasatch Awakened petition for tribal status in the Ute Nation.
- June 17 CAS: Aztlan establishes an embassy in Dallas.
- July 13 AMAZONIA: Amazonia annexes Venezuela and half of Columbia.
- July 29 RUSSIA: Arkady Krolenko becomes General Secretary of the Russian Republic.
- August 20 UCAS: Concrete Dreams guitarist Warren Cartwright hosts an acoustic jam session at Club Penumbra in Seattle. Maria Mercurial sits in.
- September 2 CFS: The recording of rock star Axe Slayer being killed by his exploding codpiece sells hundreds of thousands of copies on its first day of release.
- September 18 JAPAN: Renraku develops the first semi-autonomous knowbots.
- October 4 ASIA: Saeder-Krupp led consortium completes the New Silk Road railway between St. Petersburg and Qingdao.
- November 2 CAS: Texas lifts trade sanctions on Aztlan.
- December 10 SWEDEN: A team of mages from AGS and the Czech Republic are awarded the first Nobel Prize for Magic.
- December 13 ÍR NA NÓG: The Establishment Act establishes the Church of Ireland as the official church.
- A bomb in the Shiawase Atomics offices in San Francisco kills 249 persons attending its inauguration, including Ryoi Shiawase.
- Amazonia annexes Venezuela and enters Colombia. Aztlan troops stop them, dividing Colombia between the two countries.
- The Malaysian People Front (yeah, splitters!) overthrows the communist government of Malaysia.
- Terrorist group Deep Green kills 31 noblemen on a hunt in Dartmoor forest in Great Britain.
- A misfiring ABM system of North Jersey, New Jersey, takes down an Euroflot suborbital flight on approach to John Fitzgerald Kennedy Airport, New York.
- Leonard Aurelius is elected chairman of the board of Ares Macrotechnology, replacing Damien Knight.
- The government of Tir na nOg establishes the Church of Ireland and bans the Catholic Church from the country.
- The “Racial Revenge” trial of the accused murderer of CAS Secretary of State Douglas Bennett and his elven mistress in 2048 takes place in Atlanta. After a number of problems, a mistrial is declared by the end of the year.
- The Sons of Saurons policlub organizes an attack against Humanis policlub headquarters in Seattle, UCAS. 38 people are killed and hundreds wounded.
- “Eric’s Ten-Minute War” between the Yakuza and Mafia kills 20 people, as part of a bloody year in Seattle, UCAS.
- Richard, President and CEO of Fuchi, and Samantha Villiers divorce after 16 years of marriage.
- Actress Meg Owen re-appears in a summer stock theater company on Prince Edward Island before disappearing for good.
- Maria Mercurial releases her second album, “Puta”.
- Lorenzo “Lock-on” Hayes, left fielder for the Manhattan Yankees, tops the baseball records of Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron and Sauharu Oh with 847 career home runs and 4,195 hits.
- Saab wins the Euro-Rally for the fifth consecutive time with the Dynamit 776TI.
- Renraku Computer Systems develops the first Semi-Autonomous Knowbots.
- The first Nobel Prize for magic is awarded to a group of mages from Germany and Czechia.
- The Talis Cat is first classified as separate from mundane cats.
- The Great Dragon Arleesh is first spotted.
Welcome To Our World (2050-2059)[edit | edit source]
2050: Shadowrun SNES[edit | edit source]
- “Present day” of Shadowrun First Edition.
- January 3 CFS: Sales of the blockbuster sim Free Fall hit fifty million.
- January 14: MegaMedia Inc. announces the retirement of Amanda “Euphoria” Lockheart. Their representative does not connect the announcement to Euphoria’s recent abduction, rumored to be a failed kidnapping attempt by a deranged fan.
- January 15
- Strice Foods announces the end to distribution of its popular food additive Amber Gel, denying connections to Euphoria’s missed promotional dates.
- One week after the destruction of a Werner-Voss corporate shuttle and the deaths of all one hundred seventy-five passengers and crew, the Revenants policlub claims responsibility for the attack.
- February 17 UCAS: Faux armored clothing gains popularity among the fashion elite.
- March 19: The Campeche Massacre. Aztechnology Corporate Security opens fire on unarmed protestors in Campeche, killing hundreds.
- April 7 AGS: Corruption scandals lead to massive government reform.
- May 6: A kraken sinks a Vancouver-bound ferry, killing all on board.
- May 22: Aztlan seizes a portion of Venezuela from Amazonia.
- May 30: Thousands of metahumans march on Atlanta, calling for increased awareness of metahuman rights.
- August 10: Keyboard-sized seventh-generation cyberdecks enter the market.
- August 28: The Algonkian-Manitou Council contracts Aztechnology to assist in recovering from their agricultural collapse.
- September 13: Closed-circuit simsense technology is commercially available, allowing a single rigger to monitor an entire building.
- September 22: Aztlan annexes independent Columbia.
- September 26 AZTLAN: Morituri te salutant debuted as a game show focused on gladiatorial-style death matches. It scores the highest ratings for a trid debut in the history of Aztlaner broadcasting.
- October 4: Corsica secedes from France.
- November 9: Buttercup reveals that she is a free spirit.
- November 24: Proteus AG wins the contract to construct arkoblocks off the shore of the Japanese Imperial State.
- December 14: The Trans-polar Aleut Nation leaves the Native American Nations.
- Dr. Randall Grant dies, apparently in a freak accident. Alamos 20,000 is strongly suspected of perpetrating his assassination to stop him from revealing their connections to Dr. Armand Duplessis.
- Harold Jonathan Mason, one of the founders of MOOSE (the Metahuman Order of Occultists, Sorcerers, and Enchanters), dies at the age of 48.
- Shadowrun (SNES): Jake Armitage defeats Drake and the malevolent AI in Aneki Corporation.
- Kyle Teller achieved some measure of fame in the magical community in 2050 by solving the sensational case of Wilhemina Keene: “Keene had been a registered nurse and adept mage performing ritual sacrifices with newborn babies stolen from hospitals throughout New England. She killed twelve before the FBI finally caught up with her on the verge of murdering her thirteenth, the final element in whatever bizarre ritual she’d been performing.”
- Tadamako Shibanokuji regains control of Yamatetsu from Hideo Yoshida. As part of his new vision for the corporation, he begins integrating metahumans into the management structure.
2051: Universal Brotherhood Violence[edit | edit source]
- January 31: Proteus AG qualifies for German extraterritoriality.
- February 17: The study of ancient ninjas lends credence to the physical mage theory.
- March 1: A Seattle street gang called the Mindfraggers attacks the Octagon. The Universal Brotherhood’s security wipes them out. The only survivor is taken to Seattle General in critical condition; she later relates her story of the incident to Zebediah Wanderly.
- March 12: Rebel forces begin commando raids against Aztlan troops in Yucatán.
- April 6-7: At approximately midnight local time, the towns of Gilroy and San Martin, California Free State, erupt in violence. Roughly ten percent of the towns’ populations are dead and most of the rest flee. San Martin’s City Hall and Universal Brotherhood chapter house are razed to the ground. In his investigations, Zebediah Wanderly concludes that two insect spirit hives came into contact and instinctively attacked each other.
- April 27: Anti-Japanese terrorists bomb the San Francisco BART line.
- April 28: Relations between the Russian Republic and the Allied German States are normalized.
- April 30: Mary-Beth Tyre is kidnapped just after her sixth birthday.
- May 1: Just before 10:00 PM local time, freelance reporter Frederick Davitt is murdered at his apartment door in Washington, FDC. His bludgeoned body is discovered in a garbage bin behind his apartment.
- May 6: Shortly before 11:00 PM local time, former NewsNet investigative reporter Zebediah Wanderly uploads his notes and research into the Universal Brotherhood to the Denver Nexus from Grodin’s Tavern in Seattle. The Brotherhood destroys the building to kill him and stop the upload. Lone Star manages to identify Wanderley and the street decker Icepick through dental records and conclude that Icepick failed to stop Wanderley from destroying the building.
- May 19: Final Fling, featuring simsense starlet Euphoria, is released.>
- May 21: The great western dragon Schwartzkopf appears in the town of Furth im Wald at the foot of Schwarzkoppe Mountain and declares himself its ruler.
- May 29: A dragon collides with an Airlink Transit plane in Pueblo Corporate Council territory, killing two.
- June 3: Derek Highsun leads a successful coup against Adrienne Silvermoon to take control of the Manitou Brotherhood in the Algonkian-Manitou Council.
- June 23: The (great?) dragon Haesslich disappears after a battle with a group of shadowrunners near Puget Sound in Seattle.
- June 24: Princess Caroline of the United Kingdom marries Swiss banking magnate Jurgen Meier.
- July 20: Spinrad Industries is hit with massive fines and loses French extraterritoriality after revelations that it participated in illegal human experiments in Marseilles.
- ca. August: Seattle musician James “Dark Angel” Crull apparently commits suicide in a BTL-induced episode. Xanadu Studios releases a posthumous album of his music.
- August 10: Terrorists blow up a steamship filled with Aztechnology officials on the Mississippi River.
- September 15: Clothing fashions trend towards an exaggerated “heavy armor” look.
- October 9: Spinrad Industries signs a one hundred-year lease for the entire Principality of Monaco and begins a dramatic reconstruction plan.
- October 26
- November 3: Frumious, the sasquatch singer for Shield Wall, disappears after their live performance at Underworld 93 in Seattle, UCAS.
- November 15: A debate between corporate security officers and shadowrunners on the talk show Heavy Hitters erupts into violence.
- November 17: The new Flamingo Casino opens in Las Vegas.
- The Song-O-Mat scandal. After Zir Zemo’s use of the Song-O-Mat software is discovered, the Japanacorp Uzora is revealed to have manufactured numerous musical groups with the same software.
- Falsely-labeled music produced by Software Produced Automatic Music (SPAM) is found during law enforcement crackdowns on pirated music.
- The dwarf singer Pantu’u files suit against Truman Distribution Networks over the unauthorized recording and sale of his sound.f>
- The Manitou Brotherhood bombs a GMC factory in the Algonkian-Manitou Council, killing fifteen.
2052: Technology curve[edit | edit source]
- January 2 AZTLAN: The war with Yucatán rebels continues to escalate.
- January 6 UCAS: 2XS, a BTL far more potent than a standard BTL, hits the black market.
- March 14 QUÉBEC: Cross Applied Technologies achieves A status.
- May 3 UCAS: Insurance costs force University of Seattle to remove fire elemental summoning from its practical exam.
- May 18 UCAS: A group of militant homeless take up residence in the struts of the Manhattan Bridge.
- June 24 GREECE: The first footage of gorgons using their petrification power is captured.
- June 30: The first of the North Sea arkoblocks is finished.
- July 2 JAPAN: International Olympic Committee awards the 2056 Olympics to Tokyo. Japanese officials announce that metahumans will not be allowed to participate.
- July 19 UCAS: UCAS Data Systems pulls funding from Dr. Ronald Halberstam after they discover he is trying to isolate children’s’ brains from their bodies to raise them completely in the Matrix.
- July 21 AMC: The body of Derek Highsun is found behind his barn.
- September 13 UCAS: The street mercenary style loses favor among fashion moguls.
- September 23 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: Willamette Compustat is contracted to handle all government data backups.
- October 4 SPAIN: Sol Media Group gains a foothold in the Aztlan media market.
- November 5 UCAS: Alan Adams is re-elected president.
- November 5 CAS: Edna Wallace is re-elected president.
- November 11 UCAS: Arthur Vogel founds the One World Association to address environmental issues.
- December 5 GLOBAL: Bioware is released to the public market, gaining instant popularity.
- December 13 JAPAN: The Chiba Virtual Stock Exchange crashes in the midst of a Fuchi takeover attempt by the Yamana family.
- Bioware hits the public market
- Seattle-Tir Tairngire trade agreement, by which Seattle becomes Tír Tairngire’s major port.
- Juan Samuel Pererya registers his mercenary contractors as the Seventy-Seventh Rangers, or “El Cuadrilla.”
2053: A new Great Dragon[edit | edit source]
- January 21: President of the UCAS Alan Adams dies the day after his second inauguration. Thomas Steele is sworn in as the 5th President of the UCAS. James Booth is selected to be the new VP.
- February 20 AZTLAN: Flavia de la Rosa elected president.
- March 12: Proteus AG completes the Okinawa arcology.
- April 24: The Essence-Integrity Theory is published, describing the link between cybertechnology enhancements and the loss of magical potency.
- May 6 UCAS: A United Oil tanker dumps millions of gallons of petrochemicals into Boston Harbor.
- May 20: The truth behind the “Elven Fire” gang attacks is exposed.
- May 28: The Great Dragon Hestaby awakens and stops Tír Tairngire’s attack on Shasta Dam. She claims Mount Shasta as her domain.
- May 30 UCAS: UCAStrak bullet train derailment kills 157. UCAStrak stock plummets.
- June 25 CFS: The redwood forest near Mount Shasta begins spreading at an unnatural rate.
- June 28: Cross Applied Technologies attains extraterritoriality.
- July 16: Researchers at the University of Michigan publish theorems describing spell anchoring.
- August 13: Proteus AG completes the Osaka arcology.
- August 23: Racially-targeted violence in the Byrne Projects leads to an attack on Crusader Security’s Chicago office. 
- August 24 TSIMSHIAN: For the fi rst time, borders are opened to megacorporations.
- August 24: The Moolah Temple in St. Louis, home to a Universal Brotherhood soup kitchen, burns down. An explosion levels a portion of the University of Seattle’s science building.
- August 25: Hurricane Ethelbert devastates New York City and Washington, FDC. Jonathon Teague, former executive VP of Highstar Incorporated, is found dead in a Redmond apartment, apparently a suicide.
- October 20 POLAND: Strikes and riots against the Russian occupation leave the economy in ruins.
- October 23 UK: The Socialist Worker’s Party is destroyed by an embezzlement scandal.
- November 9-16: Yamatetsu violates a concord of the Corporate Court in searching for forbidden lost technology and almost triggers a global corporate war.
- November 10: Cape Town police pull out of the city in the face of unprecedented levels of violence.
- November 11: The Illinois state legislature passes Special Order 162 (The Cabrini Refuge Act), turning over ownership of the Cabrini Green housing projects to a coalition of ghouls.
- December 4: Humanis Policlub attacks Cabrini Green, killing at least one hundred.
- December 6: With the Treaty of Karlsruhe, the governments of France and the AGS hand control of the Saar-Lorraine-Luxembourg Special Administrative Zone over to a corporate Administrative Council.
- December 18: Humanis Policlub attacks Cabrini Green again, killing at least one hundred. Knight Errant releases a statement that the company will continue to provide security to the refuge.
- The musician James “Dark Angel” Crull and his wife/manager Lili “Icelady” Ice disappear and their house burns to the ground after they announce their album Earthdawn: The Scourge.
- The Justice Syndicate releases the “Mather Syndicate” report, exposing the conditions at the Cabrini Green housing projects in Chicago. The city is forced to reclaim the projects, but refuses to recognize the tenants’ contracts, declaring the projects abandoned and freeing the city from any legal obligations to provide services to its residents.
2054: Atlantis[edit | edit source]
- January 3 Knight Errant chooses not to renew their contract to protect Cabrini Green in Chicago, while the city retains their services to contain any violence that breaks out between its residents and the numerous pro- and anti-ghoul factions camping out around the projects.
- February 16: The Chancellor of the Allied German States is assassinated at O’Hare Airport in Chicago, UCAS.
- April 30: Tír Tairngire locks down Crater Lake.
- May 2: The Crater Lake lockdown becomes public news.
- May 8: Tír Tairngire shoots down a Sioux Nation military scout for violating the no-fly zone around Crater Lake.
- May 11 UK: HKB takes control of the Transys Neuronet board.
- May 12: Yucatán rebels bomb an oil refinery, killing 127.
- May 17: The Seventh Church of the Guiding Hand is founded.
- May 24: A semi-ballistic flight to Tokyo crashes short of the runway, killing 119.
- June 4: The luxury yacht Gilded Hope is lost, presumed destroyed, trying to breach the Veil around Tír na nÓg. Seven thousand metahumans gather to listen to the radical ork activist Preacher in Seattle. The NAUBL Super Brawl is invalidated and rescheduled following a mid-game assassination attempt on Seattle Screamers star players Punch and Judy, who retire following the game.
- June 10: An MIT&T expedition to Crete announces its discovery of relics and artifacts corresponding to the legendary location of Atlantis.
- June 24: Proteus AG completes the Emden arkoblock in the Allied German States.
- July 1 UCAS: The shadowrunners known as the D-Team, with D standing for Dunkelzahn, make their first appearance.
- July 13: The nuclear power plant of the Bundeswehr barracks in Karlsruhe-Ettlingen inexplicably explodes. Rumors about a terrorist attack or a mishandled nuclear bomb abound.
- ca. August: Owl shaman Jason Two Spirits appears on episode 324 of “Good Morning Evanston,” in which he delivers a cryptic warning of impending disaster for the city of Chicago.
- August 30 UCAS: The first rumors emerge of Black Hammer, a Matrix utility that mimics the deadly effects of Black IC.
- September 7: The UCAS Congress passes the Endangered Species Act, which protects a number of Awakened creatures.
- October 26 SPAIN: Sol Media Group acquires numerous Latin American media and telecomm companies.
- November 10-18: Dragonfall: A group of shadowrunners led by Monika Schäfer attempts a raid of the Harfeld Mansion’s data vault outside of Berlin. While jacked into the Matrix, Schäfer is killed by an unknown Matrix entity. The survivors of the group, led by Schäfer’s promising recruit, investigate the cause of her death. Starting with a search for the person who hired the team, Green Winters, the team eventually learns that when the Great Dragon Feuerschwinge was awakened, she was not killed by the German military, as was formerly believed. Winters’s brother, Adrian Vauclair, incapacitated Feuerschwinge by separating her soul from her body. During the course of their investigation, the team learns that Vauclair had recovered Feuerschwinge’s body and astral essence and was using them to create a virus intended to kill every dragon on Earth. The team foils Vauclair’s plan, with the recruit having the option of liberating Feuerschwinge, enslaving her to an AI called APEX, or euthanizing the Great Dragon. During the aftermath, the recruit is approached by Lofwyr for potential employment.
- December 16 EUROPE: An unknown scientist proposes that elven cells resist aging. He calls the phenomenon the Stopwatch Complex.
- Cassie Barnett’s shadowrunner team is called to end the Sons of the Green’s occupation of a hydroponics bay in the Renraku Arcology.
- Combat Inc.’s 58th Combat Team resigns en masse over disputes over bonus pay and rotation, forming the Fifty-Eighth Battle Brigade.
- Martin de Vries ends a vampire serial killer’s fifteen-month reign of terror in Minneapolis/St. Paul with extreme force.
- Shadowrun Returns: The Emerald City Ripper terrorizes Seattle. An independent shadowrunner and friend of Ripper victim Sam Watts discovers the Ripper’s identity and his connection to Jessica Watts, Sam’s sister. The investigation leads to the Universal Brotherhood operation in Seattle and a fight with insect spirits beneath the Brotherhood building.
2055: Bug City[edit | edit source]
- January 17 AZTLAN: Fighting in Yucatán escalates to full scale civil war.
- February 13 JAPAN: Fuchi begins constructing a deep space outpost at Lagrange Point 2.
- March 11 UCAS: The Universal Brotherhood opens its Project Hope camps in the Redmond Barrens of Seattle.
- April 24 UCAS: A group called the Compensation Army sets up camps in DeeCee, demanding compensation for land ceded to the NAN.
- May 31 UCAS: Missing persons cases nationwide rise dramatically. Law enforcement agencies struggle to find a reason.
- July 9 UCAS: The Project Hope camps are shut down for health reasons.
- Acting on “tips” from Ares, the UCAS FBI discovers that insect spirits control the Universal Brotherhood and shut it down, using a cover story of financial corruption. Other nations take similar steps, and the Brotherhood is completely shut down by 2056. Ares assists in destructive raids against local hives, which are reported as widespread incidents of “unmotivated terrorist violence” against the Universal Brotherhood.
- August 8: The AGS government declares a state of emergency over Berlin and tasks the extraterritorial corporations with ending the anarchist rule of the city. Heavy fighting erupts.
- August 22 UCAS: In Chicago, a mega-hive of insect spirits, a previously unknown form of spirit, swarms the city. The UCAS government immediately mobilizes the military.
- August 23: An Ares Macrotechnology Firewatch team assaults the Universal Brotherhood’s chapter house in Chicago. The insect spirits escape into the city, causing mass panic. The UCAS government demolishes buildings around the downtown core, trapping over 100,000 civilians within the “Chicago Containment Zone.” The official story is of a VITAS outbreak. The Mafia loses contact with the Don of Chicago and the Commissione believes him dead; it transfers control of Chicago operations to Don Leo McCaskill of Milwaukee, a former lieutenant of James O’Malley.
- August 24 UCAS: FedPol troops are sent in to subdue the Compensation Army in DeeCee.
- August 26 UCAS: The federal government begins making supply drops into the CCZ.
- September 16 UCAS: Government officials meet with the Tír Princes and Lofwyr for advice on handling the CCZ.
- October 1: An unidentified group penetrates a massive insect hive beneath Cermak Avenue in the Chicago Containment Zone and detonates a sub-tactical nuclear weapon just after the queen spirits erect a magical barrier. Civilians and military personnel witness the huge explosion from outside the Zone. Virtually all the insect spirits in Chicago are knocked into torpor. Official sources refuse to comment.
- October 4 UCAS: Construction of a line of walls around the CCZ is completed.
- November 22 AGS: A joint corporate force uses bug paranoia as an excuse to “liberate” much of Berlin.
- November 24 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: The cordon around Crater Lake is relaxed.
- December 13 UCAS: The light carrier Wolverine and two guided missile frigates are stationed near Chicago.
- December 29 UCAS: A shadow document describing the true situation in Chicago goes public.
- December 31 GLOBAL: The first rumors of Otaku, children who access the Matrix without a cyberdeck, begin to emerge.
- Late December: The media receives documents compiled by residents of the Chicago Containment Zone describing the truth behind the Wall: a Hell-on-Earth scenario where petty warlords exerted control through violence, privation is the norm, and insect spirits openly preyed on the population. Chicago gains a new nickname: Bug City.
- The band Anhedonia breaks up. Lead singer Billy “Oz-Man” Ossian focuses on their record label, Chrome Damage.
- Doris, Shield Wall’s second sasquatch singer, passes away from cancer.
2056: More Insect Spirit Hives[edit | edit source]
2057: Year of the Dragon[edit | edit source]
- January: Aurélie de Paladines wins the French presidential election and becomes the first woman to be President of France.
- January 19: The UCAS House of Representatives declares the UCAS Presidential Election of 2056 invalid, cancelling the inauguration of incumbent President Thomas Steele on the next day. Speaker of the House Betty Jo Pritchard becomes president ad interim before new election.
- January 20: Ivory McCabe is inaugurated as President of the CAS.
- January 26 UCAS: President Steele and Vice President Booth are impeached. By default, Speaker of the House Betty Jo Pritchard becomes the first female president of the UCAS.
- January 29 UCAS: Congress announces a new election on August 7.
- February: The New England Patriots defeat the incumbent champion, the Jacksonville Cardinals, in Super Bowl LXXXIII.
- February 1 UCAS: Kenneth Brackhaven, a Seattle businessman with ties to the Humanis Policlub, announces his candidacy for president.
- March 15: Dunkelzahn announces his intention to run for President on a historic broadcast of “Wyrm Talk!”
- March 27: The body of shadowrunner Rodney James “Roderigo” Goodhue is found at his cyberdeck several days after his death and a week after publicly announcing on Shadowland that he double-crossed Lofwyr on a run against a small pharmaceutical corporation.
- April 10 ITALY: Using a secret technique, the Doge of Venice purifies the canals.
- April 20: 00:00 (local time unknown): A decker calling himself Leonardo shuts down major servers run by the Big Eight and issues ransom demands.
- May: The Pentagon in Washington FDC, UCAS, is bombed.
- May: A massive riot in Venice occurs during celebrations organized for the birth of the Doge’s twins.
- May 21 SICHUAN: Sichuan readies forces for an attack on the Canton Confederation.
- July 10: General Franklin Yeats, Republican Party candidate in the UCAS Presidential Election, is murdered in his hotel in Seattle, UCAS, by a wasp spirit possessing an FBI agent assigned to his security.
- July 18 UCAS: Franklin Yeats’ running mate, Anne Penchyk, declares her intention to run for president in Yeats’ place.
- July 23 UK: Parliament establishes the Northern Habitable Zone.
- August 1: The UCAS Presidential Election of 2057 is held.
- August 7: Dunkelzahn and Kyle Haeffner win the UCAS Presidential Election.
- August 9: Dunkelzahn is sworn into the office of President of the UCAS, hours before dying in the explosion of his limousine in Washington FDC, UCAS. An astral rift appear soon after on the site. Riots start in all the UCAS cities.
- August 10: UCAS Vice President Kyle Haeffner is sworn in as President of the UCAS.
- August 11 AMC: A funeral is held for President Dunkelzahn at Lake Louise.
- August 12 UCAS: President Haeffner nominates President Dunkelzahn’s ex-spokesperson, Nadja Daviar, as his Vice President.
- August 13 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: The cordon around Crater Lake is re-established.
- August 15: The reading of Dunkelzahn’s Will by Nadja Daviar at the Watergate Hotel in Washington FDC, UCAS, establishes the Draco Foundation, among many other things.
- August 15: Miles Lanier leaves his position as head of security of Fuchi Industrial Electronics to join the board of directors of Renraku Computer Systems.
- August 18 UCAS: President Haeffner submits his complete list of names for cabinet appointments. Many metahumans and magically active individuals are included.
- August 19 CARIBBEAN LEAGUE: The Atlantean Foundation begins negotiations to pursue an underwater dig in the Bermuda Triangle.
- August 20: Arthur Vogel becomes president of Sierra, Inc.
- August 22: The first “shadow information” on Dunkelzahn’s will is uploaded onto the Shadowland BBS by system operator Captain Chaos.
- August 22: Nadja Daviar grants Damien Knight voting control over Gavilan Ventures (Ares stock portfolio) for 2 years.
- August 25: The Commission on the Assassination of President Dunkelzahn is established.
- August 31: The Players (of the Awakened World) is uploaded to the Shadowland BBS by system administrator Captain Chaos.
- Sep 3-Nov 10: The Draco Foundation begins operations at its newly christened headquarters. The movers and shakers of the world converge on Washington, FDC to receive their inheritances.
- September 5 UCAS: The Scott Commission begins hearings.
- September 12: Wu Lung-Wai announces dramatic expansion plans for Wuxing, Inc.
- September 18 FRENCH GUIANA: Proteus AG performs its first space launch from Devil’s Island.
- October: The dons of the Bigio and Ciarniello families in Seattle begin meeting covertly with Sergei Malenkin, a representative of a group of super-killers known as Chimera.
- October 2: Captain Chaos begins to upload a series of investigations into the items bequeathed by Dunkelzahn’s will.
- October 12 UCAS: A change to the 14th Amendment allows non-metahuman sentients and probationary citizens to obtain SINs.
- October 19 UCAS: A new national flag is adopted.
- November 8 UCAS: The Scott Commission clears President Haeffner of involvement in former President Dunkelzahn’s assassination.
- November 11 UCAS: The Draco Foundation moves to a monthly schedule for the distribution of the items in Dunkelzahn’s Will.
- November 14 UCAS: Congress begins the approval process for President Haeffner’s cabinet.
- November 20 UCAS: David Emerson announces the foundation of the Children of the Dragon, a cult that worships Dunkelzahn.
- December 3 JAPAN: Renraku cuts a deal with the decker Leonardo to purchase cutting-edge technology from him.
- December 18 UK: Jurgen Meiers and Princess Caroline divorce.
- Princess Caroline of Great Britain and Jurgen Meiers of Zeta-ImpChem divorce.
- The publishing of The Diaries of Tamir Grey sparks a movement of public sympathy for ghouls in the UCAS.
- Jessica Sirianni replaces William Vogel as the CEO of Federated-Boeing.
- Shibata Takako becomes CEO of Shibata Construction & Engineering.
- Maria Alonzo steps down from her position as President of the Pueblo Corporate Council. The Board of Directors elects Emilio Cajeme to replace her.
- David Emerson funds his religious organization, the Children of the Dragon, revering the Great Dragon Dunkelzahn.
- Joe Two-Feathers, a high-ranking member of the ORC, is assassinated in Seattle, UCAS.
- World-famous parazoologist Dr. Paterson disappears during an expedition in Amazonia.
- Australia experiences a record drought.
- Samuel Violet, Renraku Computer Systems’s representative on the Corporate Court, is killed in a plane crash.
- Tir Tairngire postpones its Rite of Progression.
- Faulty vat tissues used by DocWagon in Seattle, UCAS, cause cases of serious insanity and cannibalism nicknamed the “laughing death”.
- A Tir Tairngire freighter ship, the Sapphire Seahawk, explodes in international waters off the Pacific Coast.
- A monorail derailment and explosion of a car in Seattle, UCAS, cause several deaths.
- The Independent Information Network building in Seattle, UCAS, is bombed, killing 20. The IIN accuses Alamos 20,000.
- A riot in Halifax, Nova Scotia results in the crashing of a Halifax-Calgary Fed-Boeing 707 airplane after the rioters put a truck on the runway. All the passengers and crew are killed.
2058: Year of the Mob[edit | edit source]
- The Mob War erupts in Seattle.
- January 18 CAS: Vice President Ivory McCabe is elevated to president after President Oliver Jackson dies of a sudden heart attack. 
- January 31-unknown date: A small team of shadowrunners led by Michael is brutally ambushed in the newly reclaimed Amerindian lands of the Salish-Shidhe. Video footage recovered from a dead shadowrunner’s eyes is made public, prompting Michael’s brother, Joshua to investigate Michael’s death, and the true nature of his last mission. Joshua eventually comes into contact with Sinsearach Council member Harlequin, learning that Harlequin utilized a Mr. Johnson named Caleb Brightmore to hire Michael for the job, and that Michael’s team got killed by a Renraku strike team. Michael’s original mission was to destroy Thon’s magic source at Ellisia’s Tomb in the Salish-Shidhe. Joshua aids Harlequin in completing Michael’s original mission, effectively sealing off Ellisia’s tomb. 
- February 22: Ares implements “Operation Extermination,” a large-scale physical and magical assault on the insect spirits infesting the Chicago Containment Zone. The Chicago quarantine is officially lifted in President Haeffner’s State of the Union address.
- Ares uses FAB Strain III, an astrally active bacteria, to target Bug Spirits in the Zone. Unfortunately, strain III does not restrict its depradation to insect spirits—it affects any astral object or being. Chicago’s ghoul community is devastated.
- February 26 UCAS: Post Ares’s “Operation Extermination”, President Haeffner lifts the quarantine around the Chicago Containment Zone (CCZ). Riots break out as refugees from the CCZ attempt to flee the area and surrounding areas push back, but civil authorities manage to broker a peace. Thousands stuck within the CCZ discover that despite the announcement, Chicago remains excised from the modern world.
- April 19 AGS: Saeder-Krupp finished construction of the Essen arcology, which is hailed as a triumph of modern engineering.
- June 10 SCANDINAVIAN UNION: Erika announces the Wireless Matrix Initiative. Building on the cellular network, the WMI promises complete Matrix integration within five years. Several other corporations begin working on projects based on similar technology, including Renraku, Novatech, and Mitsuhama.
- August 3 JAPAN: Renraku successfully recaptures the AI Morgan, and utilizes sections of her programming to develop the Arcology Expert Program (later to be known as the infamous AI Deus). Housed in the SCIRE, it controls the day-to-day care of more than 90,000 people.
- August 10 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: Rinelle ke’Tesrae, a grassroots social movement, is formed in Tír Tairngire and calls for a democratic system to be established. Despite attempts by Tír officials to suppress news of the group’s activities, stories are released in Seattle, UCAS, and the California Free State.
- October 15 CARIBBEAN LEAGUE: In an effort to limit fighting between houngan throughout the Caribbean League, Nadja Daviar declares that the contest for their undeclared leader to receive the talon clippings left to them in Dunkelzahn’s will must be completed by December 31, 2060.
- November 10 ECUADOR: Proteus AG secretly begins construction of a space launch facility which will be revealed to the public in 2061.
- Renraku Europe relocates its HQ from Berlin to Munich and begins the construction of an arcology on the grounds of former Hellabrunn zoo.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Mob War! p. 15 Cite error: Invalid tag; name “mob15” defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid tag; name “mob15” defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid tag; name “mob15” defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid tag; name “mob15” defined multiple times with different content
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 o34954845Sixth World Almanac p. 81
- ↑ Shadowrun (1994 video game)
2059: Year of the Corp[edit | edit source]
- January: Toshio Mitsukuri, previously COO of Monobe International, replaces Sho Kubota as President of the company.
- January 6:After a battle between pirates, CAS SEALS, and Aztlan Jaguar guards, the tanker Go Jo is sunk near Cancun, resulting in a massive spill of radioactive waste.
- January 7: Tadamako Shibanokuji, chairmain of Yamatetsu’s board of directors, suffers a debilitating stroke. Control of his stock shares temporarily goes to Yamatetsu CEO Saru Iwano, until Tadamako dies, and the shares revert to his son, an Ork named Yuri Shibanokuji.
- January 15:The great dragon Masaru posts a manifesto calling for Philippine independence on Shadowland. Days later, Governor Saru calls for open elections in February 2059. 
- February: Carlos Consuni, candidate of the Liberal Catholic Voters Party, is elected President of the Philippines. The Great Dragon Masaru, leader of the Huk Rebels and backer of opposition candidate Filipa Salonga, demands a re-vote that the Japanese governor refuses.
- February 22: Tadamako Shibanojuki, chairman of the board of Yamatetsu Corporation, dies. His son Yuri Shibanojuki replaces him.
- March: 27 people are killed in an industrial accident inside the Renraku Arcology.
- May 3: Ares Macrotechnology purchases a controlling majority in General Motors, giving them a monopoly on industrial production facilities around Detroit.
- May 5: Yamatetsu Corporation relocates its headquarters from Kyoto, Japan, to Vladivostok, Russia.
- May 16: Dosan Aburajoki, Mitsuhama Computer Technologies’s representative on the Corporate Court, commits suicide in his home in Kyoto, Japan.
- June 6: Fuchi Industrial Electronics brings suit in the Corporate Court against Renraku Computer Systems for illegally using trade secrets of former Fuchi employee Miles Lanier.
- June 7: Miles Lanier leaves the board of directors of Renraku Computer Systems.
- June 16: Navroz Chandaria is elected to represent Renraku Computer Systems on the Corporate Court, filling the seat previously held by Dosan Aburojaki for Mitsuhama Computer Technologies.
- July 8: The Pacific Prosperity Group is established.
- July 11: Tokyo-Seattle Flight 1118 crashes in Redmond district in Seattle, UCAS. 153 passengers and crew are killed in the plane and 51 are killed on the ground. David Hague, representative of Fuchi Industrial Electronics on the Corporate Court, is among the passengers.
- August 14: Lofwyr purchases all mining rights to several sites in Eifel Mountains despite AGS geological surveys that concluded that any valuable ore has been already mined.
- August 15: Li Feng is elected for Wuxing on the Corporate Court to the seat previously held by David Hague for Renraku Computer Systems.
- August 22: Nadja Daviar regains control of the Ares stock owned by Gavilan Ventures.
- September 29: “White Monday.” The Tokyo Stock Exchange suffers its largest single-day drop since December 1989.
- October 6: Villiers International and Cambridge Holdings merge to form Novatech. Richard Villiers resigns from his position of President and CEO of Fuchi Industrial Electronics to head Novatech.
- October 6: Novatech is granted AAA status for the ownership of Corporate Court founding company JRJ International. Lynn Osborne, representative of Fuchi Industrial Electronics, leaves her company to join Novatech and is allowed to stay on the court. Without a representative on the court, and in the absence of a vacant seat, Fuchi Industrial Electronics is downgraded to AA status. Miles Lanier is appointed Novatech’s director of security.
- The Draco Foundation announces that Art Dankwalther, to whom Great Dragon Dunkelzahn willed UCAS$34,586,224,739.58, has been discovered.
- October 20: Leonard Aurelius sells all of his Ares stock to Arthur Vogel. Vogel steps down as president of Sierra, Inc., and is replaced by Gary Grey.
- October 27: Leonard Aurelius joins the board of directors of Cross Applied Technologies.
- December 3: A massive earthquake of magical origin hits the suburb of Richmond in Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe, but none of the adjacent area. Tens of thousands of people are killed.
- December 15: Anna Villalobos takes the seat of Domingo Chavez on the Corporate Court to represent Aztechnology.
- December 19: The Renraku Arcology in Seattle, UCAS, is sealed automatically by security systems, trapping more than 100,000 people inside. Local, federal and corporate authorities deploy troops and declare the arcology off-limits to non-military personnel.
- The Commissione chose Maurice “the Butcher” Bigio as the new Don of Seattle, chosen over Rowena O’Malley.
- The heat tap of a geothermal plant in the Trans-polar Aleut Nation explodes, releasing toxic radioisotopes in the local ecosystem.
- The government of Tir Tairngire declares martial law to end the protests and strikes organized by the Rinelle ke’Tesrae opposition.
- After a saboteur breaches the security of the SGHWS, rioting prisoners invade Vienna, Austria. Hundreds of people are killed.
- The Austrian Heritage Party wins with 40 percent of the vote in the Austrian parliamentary election. Johanna Hapsburg becomes Prime Minister.
- Eva van de Linde becomes Prime Minister of the Netherlands.
- Lucien Cross, head of Cross Applied Technologies, survives an aviation accident.
A New Spin and the Wireless World (2060-2069)[edit | edit source]
2060: Year of the AI[edit | edit source]
- Start of o35702881Shadowrun Third Edition
- January 3: The UCAS Army erects a quarantine zone around the SCIRE.
- January 18: Five Blues exit the Renraku Arcology under cover of an illusion and open fire on the military cordon, killing more than thirty Renraku and UCAS personnel.
- February 3: Renraku CEO Inazo Aneki begins an indefinite leave of absence. Haruhiko Nakada takes over as interim CEO.
- February 9: Rumors spread on Shadowland that an Artificial Intelligence has taken over the SCIRE and is performing brutal experiments on its captives.Sixth World Almanac says February 10
- March 17: Representatives from the corporate and anarchist zones of Berlin sign a treaty of coexistence.
- March 19: A virus of unknown origin infects Seattle’s Matrix RTG. People accessing the RTG suffer memory loss, psychotic episodes, or brain death. The attack lasts for eleven minutes and then ends with no explanation or aftereffects.
- March 26: in New Delhi, a terrorist bomb kills Navroz Chandaria, Renraku’s newest Corporate Court representative, while she is meeting with Jawahr Prasad, India’s Secretary of Commerce.
- April 5: Shikei Nakatomi of Fuchi purchases four million shares of stock in Renraku from the Zurich-Orbital Gemeinschaftsbank. Renraku begins acquiring large portions of Fuchi.
- April 15: Yves Aquillon of Cross Applied Technologies gains the Corporate Court seat left vacant by Navroz Chandaria’s death.
- April 30: The UN passes Resolution 3031 with the explicit purpose of “regulating the influence of economic powers in questions that should be answered by politics.” The Commission on Megacorporate Affairs makes regular use of Resolution 3031 while policing corporate activities.
- June 2: Professor John Maniha publishes Dumpshock: A Brief History of the Awakened World.
- June 7: Korin Yamana of Fuchi announces his marriage to Mitsuko Shiawase of Shiawase Envirotech.
- June 14: Shiawase Corporation purchases all remaining assets of Fuchi Industrial Electronics. Korin Yamana accepts a position on Shiawase’s board of directors.
- June 15: Neil Benson replaces Francesco Napoli as Renraku Computer Systems’s representative on the Corporate Court.
- July 28: Fuchi Industrial Electronics is officially dissolved.
- The “present day” of Shadowrun Third Edition.
- August 12: The Pacific Prosperity Group acquires Pulau Batam and Pulau Bintan from the Sumatran Alliance in exchange for assistance in building the Pelawangan Space Port.
- October: Tommy Talon and Assets, Inc. rescue Mary-Beth Tyre from an Ant shaman named Crosetti.
- October 3: An island erupts from the Pacific Ocean roughly three hundred kilometers off the coast of Petrolia, California Free State, exactly as predicted in Dunkelzahn’s Will. Federated Boeing investigates the island but appears to abandon its interest.
- October 20: The Draco Foundation awards its prize to Yamatetsu for creating the first self-sustaining underwater habitat.
- November 7: Kyle Haeffner and Nadja Daviar are reelected President and Vice-President of the UCAS.
- November 8: Cheryl Cundiff is elected President of the CAS with Brad Williams as Vice-President.
- November 10: Robert Page announces the completion of his translation of the Or’zet Codex.
- December 31: Justin Rochefort claims the title of Voice of the Ogoun and the talon clippings bequeathed to that title in Dunkelzahn’s Will.
- Renraku’s arcology in Munich opens.
2061: Year of the Comet[edit | edit source]
- January 1: The United Nations declares 2061 the “Year of the Comet.” Corporations rush to design and launch probes (and sabotage each others’ progress) to reach and study Halley’s Comet.
- January 2: Voice of Ogoun Justin Rochefort is assassinated en route to Washington to collect his reward from Dunkelzahn’s Will. Marcus Cross is appointed interim Voice.
- February: A car bomb explodes outside the Aztechnology building in Calgary, trapping over two thousand people in the rubble. Civil Chief Bobby Bear and War Chief Carl Hillborn are among the dead. Aztechnology blames “elven eco-terrorists” and new War Chief Adam Doxtator orders a crackdown on eco-activists.
- March 19: A power outage strikes Seattle. It takes forty-eight hours before service is initially restored and brownouts plague the metroplex for weeks afterward.
- March 21: The Corporate Court founds the Grid Overwatch Division as a cross-jurisdictional Matrix law enforcement division.
- April 5 CFS: General Salto begins crackdown on teaching of Or’zet within the Protectorate.
- May 7: Tibetan monks transport Inazo Aneki to the Hong Kong Free Enterprise Zone to transfer him back to Renraku Computer Systems custody. Shadowrunners working for Overwatch abduct Aneki and eventually bring him into the Renraku Arcology to confront and shut down Deus.
- May 11: Deus forms the Network by downloading its code into the minds of around a thousand metahumans. Unknown to Deus, the AI Maegara was transferred to the Network as well.  
- May 13: Renraku Computer Systems announces that they have resolved the Renraku Arcology crisis, although hostile drones still control most of the arcology. Sherman Huang, Cham La Won, and Vanessa Cliber are credited with leading the resolution.
- May 29: Damien Knight apologizes for Ares Macrotechnology’s “accidental” destruction of Saeder-Krupp’s Duccio probe.
- June: Renraku Computer Systems announces the death of its CEO, Inazo Aneki.
- June 11: Shibata Construction and Engineering’s Kepler probe is severely damaged before launch at Aztechnology’s Spindle space station.
- June 18: The Cataclyst terrorist cell highjacks the semiballistic craft carrying the Shiawase Corporation’s Brahe probe, which explodes during its ascent, destroying the probe and killing all on board.
- June 20: At dawn, Stonehenge restores itself to its original condition. The ley line beneath draws strength from the power site.
- July 12: A meteor strikes Ares Macrotechnology’s Gigas probe, severely damaging it and knocking it off course.
- July 21: King Berthold I of the Black Forest Troll Kingdom disappears. Chancellor Hugo von Hasslach is appointed regent.
- July 28: Halley’s Comet reaches perihelion.
- August: Megaera starts competing with Deus for control of the Network by influencing some of its nodes.
- August 11: Novatech’s Whipple probe performs an erroneous attitude burn, taking it off course.
- August 14: New Orleans police still have no suspects in a brutal multiple homicide of eleven adults and two children.
- August 15: The Aleph Society declares that it can restore the magical abilities of burned-out Awakened.
- ca. August 20: Over twenty citizens of Vladivostok, believed to be members of the outlawed Bridging the Void cult, go missing.
- August 30: Yamatetsu loses contact with its Gagarin probe moments before it makes contact with Halley’s Comet.
- September 1: Portland authorities discover six freshly severed metahuman tongues drilled into signposts around a small city park. Police cordon off the area.
- September 4: Badr al Din Ibn Eisa, leader of the Islamic Unity Movement, is assassinated in front of the Ka’bah in Mecca.
- September 5: At 0400, Dunkelzahn’s Rift begins to pulse. Halley’s Comet becomes visible to the naked eye. The Church of the Undying Light establishes an outreach center in the Puyallup Barrens. A one-kilometer area of astral space around Wuxing’s Skytower on Aberdeen Island, Hong Kong Free Enterprise Zone, becomes visible to normal senses.
- September 6: The first case of SURGE is reported in the media. Sixth World Almanac says September 5
- September 9: Five days after his death, Badr al Din Ibn Eisa walks out of his mausoleum and makes a brief statement where he declares a New Islamic Jihad.
- September 10: SURGE cases become widespread.
- September 12 GLOBAL: Fueled by SURGE fears, riots and civil unrest surge around the world. Only a small number of cities and nations are untouched.
- September 12: Nationale Aktion releases an airborne strain of VITAS-1 into the Olympiapark Stadium in Munich, killing nearly ten thousand homeless metahumans and aid workers.
- September 13: At 0300, Governor Lindstrom of Seattle declares a state of emergency as violence erupts against changelings in the metroplex.
- September 15: One of the Ork Rights Committee’s leaders, pacifist Rohit Talwar, is killed defending a changeling from a human street gang. At 1500, Dunkelzahn’s Rift begins to pulse again and three unknown spirits are observed escaping the rift.
- September 23: Lone Star announces that they have evidence linking six mass murders around the world to the Bridging the Void cult.
- September 23 INDIA:Hundreds of Indian saddhus bathing in the Ganges River are transformed.
- October 2: A Humanis Policlub demonstration near Dunkelzahn’s Rift turns into a riot. Spirits summoned by the security force refuse to assist, instead hovering around the rift until the riot is pacified.
- October 13: More of the unidentified spirits break out of Dunkelzahn’s Rift, rushing through the gathered crowd and killing eleven civilians in the ensuing riot. The rift cordon is extended by fifty meters.
- October 17: Novatech announces the start of construction on the Olympia lunar base.
- October 27: A series of earthquakes strikes along the Pacific Ring of Fire. At approximately 0537 GMT, the Unzen Volcano erupts, burying Shimabara under volcanic ash, mud, and lava. The Emperor and his family are among the thousands of casualties. The Imperial government declares a state of emergency and issues orders for Imperial Marines abroad to return home to assist in the recovery efforts.
- October 29 JAPAN: The Imperial Diet orders the withdrawal of Imperial Marines from San Fransicso post the eruption of the Ring of Fire.
- October 31/November 1: More spirit activity is observed around Dunkelzahn’s Rift, coinciding with Halloween festivities. At 0022 November 1, a wujen mage delivers a warning to the Rift security force from his ancestor spirits: the “dead” are returning.
- November: This month’s issue of Neoscientist includes an article indicating that SURGE is not restricted to metahumanity. The Hudson Bay Incident: KSAF captures trideo of Aztechnology Corporate Security and the Algonkian-Manitou Council military attacking a drydocked houseboat on Hudson Bay. A dozen prominent Manitou leaders and five well-known anti-Aztechnology activists are among the dead.
- November: Ronin re-establishes his independent identity in the Network and starts working to restore awareness and free thought to other nodes. 
- November 4: Colonel Keiji Saito refuses to return to the Home Islands. He and two divisions of AWOL Japanese Imperial Marines occupy San Francisco and Saito declares himself Protectorate General.
- November 10: The Auvergne volcanoes in France erupt on the astral plane. Thirteen individuals die from damage to their astral forms as magma floods the astral space, but there is no effect on the material plane.
- November 22: Protectorate General Keiji Saito’s occupation force has captured McClellan Air Force Base in Sacramento, Beale AFB in Marysville, and Travis AFB in Fairfield by this time.
- November 27: A Dunkelzahn Institute of Magical Research team identifies a recently-discovered vein of metal in Azania as orichalcum. The news sparks an orichalcum rush among the megacorporations.
- December 2: An 8.5 earthquake rocks Los Angeles. Over ten thousand people die in the collapse of buildings and the ensuing fires and violence.
- December 8: The Pueblo Corporate Council enters Los Angeles in response to requests for aid.
- December 17: Spirits of unknown origin erupt from the central stupa at the Borobodur temple complex in Java. The Javanese military and Astral Space Preservation Society work together to catalog and recapture as many spirits as they can.
- December 24: A massive draconic astral form tears itself from Dunkelzahn’s Rift, dragging countless spirits with it into the material world. It consumes the astral projection of an Army mage before flying west.
- The astral dragon that exited Dunkelzahn’s Rift is seen in Denver, having regained its physical body. It destroys the Aztlan teocalli and damages the Aztechnology Building. It briefly engages the CAS border security before breaking off.
- December 25: The UCAS Department of Health and Metahuman Services establishes definitive proof of the existence of shedim.
- December 28: The dragon now dubbed “Ghostwalker” by the the media returns to Denver and burns out a residential building in the UCAS sector, killing six including Glennis Shand, leader of the Unity policlub. Ghostwalker targets other high-profile buildings, including the Council Hall in the Aztlan sector.
2062: After the Comet[edit | edit source]
- January: The CAS offers a bounty for magicians who reanimate corpses.
- January: Aztlan moves military troops into their sector in Denver, in direct violation of the Treaty of Denver. The other sectors also reinforce their borders with troops.
- January: Overwatch learns of the Network while observing Renraku Arcology survivors. 
- January 3: The sole survivor of the Japanese imperial family, the child Yasuhito, is revealed to the world and is made Emperor two days later. 
- January 5: Yasuhito becomes Emperor of Japan; beginning the Gen-Yu era.
- January 27: The Council of Denver meets with Ghostwalker, giving him control of the city. The Aztlan sector is given to the CAS and Aztlan personnel are ordered to leave it the city.
- February 1: The Japanese Emperor rescinds the Yomi Island decree, and the Huk openly declare revolution in the Philippines.
- February 5: Aztlan/Aztechnology military forces start a slash and burn of the Yucatan.
- The Year of the Comet.
- March: Halley’s Comet becomes visible to the naked eye.
- March-April: Ares lands a probe on the second pass of Halley’s Comet, which sends back telemetry, establishing Ares as the winner of the Probe Race.
- March 15: An earthquake, tidal waves, and storms batter the Yucatan, halting the Aztlan offensive. In the weeks that follow, nature and toxic spirits wage warfare against both sides and each other.
- April: While investigating their own personnel for Deus infilration, Shiawase’s Marketing Information and Forecasting Department (MIFD) and Renraku agents learn about the Network. 
- April 1: Halley’s Comet disappears from view. All known natural orichalcum deposits run dry, and no new deposits are located. Reports of new SURGE cases decrease to a trickle.Year of the Comet says April
- May: After the passing of Halley’s Comet, the magical nature of Tír na nÓg is permanently altered. The Veil works erratically, mana ebbs and flares occur near cairns and monoliths, and astral constructs fade in and out of the material world on a regular if unpredictable basis.
- May: Pax begins to feel the onset of Fading. 
- May 2–5: Armed combat erupts on the Salish-Shidhe/Tsimshian border resulting in thousands dead from an apparent biological weapon. Ceasefire agreed to on the 5th, but would be broken by SSC militias in July.
- July: The Republic of Québec begins a trial period allowing English to be used in business transactions.
- July: Shadowland’s first post exposing the existence of the Network.
- June: Lofwyr and Aithne Oakforest retire from the Tír Tairngire Council of Princes.
- July: The Great Dragon Hestaby, who had guarded northern California Free State from Tír Tairngire, joins the Tir High Council of Princes, replacing departing Lofwyr.
- July 19 AUVERGNE: An astral volcanic eruption spills over into the mundane world as a physical eruption.
- August: Shiawase and Renraku cooperate in purging their ranks of Deus infiltrators to secure their corporations against insurgency.
- October 31 UK: Lyonesse emerges from the English Channel at the termination point of the Stalker and Stonehedge Great Ley lines. No seismic activity is recorded during the event.
- December: Transys-Neuronet captures a Network node for study.
- In Hong Kong, an underground war starts between the Red Dragon Association and Yellow Lotus triads.
- Zeta-ImpChem purchases nanotechnology firm MicroFlek and retains its founder, Jørgen Masterson, for its R&D department.
- A conflict over one of the Four Coins of Luck takes place in Vancouver.
2063[edit | edit source]
- January 4: Nineteen Mitsuhama Thaumaturgical Research lab personnel are killed in an explosion while studying a Martian meteorite.
- January 15 CFS: Noted ork rocker CrimeTime releases Djoto, the first album primarily in Or’zet, and overnight the orxploitation musical genre is born.
- February: The Sovereign Tribal Council opens talks between the Tsimshian and Salish-Shidhe governments to resolve disputes that the STC feared may be a prelude to war.
- Febuary: Deus starts a complete purge of disloyal nodes by killing or crippling them to prevent them from further obstructing the compilation process.
- February 7: Ares forces defeat an assault by California Protectorate Gen. Keiji Saito at Chico-Oroville.
- April: Severely weakened, Megaera contacts Mirage for assistance in repairing crippled nodes.
- May 1 EUROPE: NEEC is officially inaugurated.
- May 5 SPAIN: King Felipe VI dies. In a national scandal, it is revealed that Alfonso de Alba, an ogre, is the true firstborn son of the deceased king. The heir-apparent’s, Prince Juan Carlos, claim is superceded by Alfonso, and the nation is divided as the church comes out against a metahuman as king.
- May 9: Ork magician Dylan Risius is charged with 12 counts of murder as the “Flatline Killer.”
- May 15 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: The long-postponed Rite of Progression is halted by the Rinelle ke’Tesrae rebel group; millions gather to boycott the tests and show support for the anti-government faction.
- June: Policlub Nationale Aktion claims responsibility for a bomb that killed ork tennis champion Kurt Schneider, French Foreign Affairs Minister Pascal Marat, and eight others.
- June: Mirage’s repairs free Ronin’s independent nodes entirely from the Network. Megaera reaches an agreement with the freed nodes to work towards building a metahuman/AI merge.
- June 4 UCAS: In spite of Renraku’s 2061 announcement, the UCAS military officially designates the Renraku Arcology liberated, when they take control of the arcology.
- June 5: An alleged Thor shot by Ares strikes near the recently completed Rømø Arkoblock owned by Proteus.
- June 23: Cavalier Arms Ltd. founder Patrick Goodman is found dead in his home. Lone Star arrests Kane Heavy Industries CEO Alexander Kane for his murder.
- July-August: The Polish Liberation Army routs a combined Russian and nationalist counteroffensive.
- July 1: Shamans and the Atlantean Foundation protest corporate banishment of spirits at Mount Kilimanjaro.
- July 9: Northwest Financial files a UCAS federal lawsuit against Novatech for defaulting on a billion-nuyen corporate loan, raising fears that the megacorp may be teetering on the edge of failure.
- July 12: During Submersion at her tribe’s Dissonance well, Pax has a powerful vision of a immense serpent rising from the depths of cyberspace. It grew and filled the Matrix until it wrapped around the world, poisoning the world with Dissonance and corrupting the very fabric of cyberspace. Inspired, Pax begins developing a new virus.
- July 22: Spanish Prince Juan Carlos relinquishes his claim to the throne, allowing the illegitimate troll son of the nation’s former king to be crowned.
- August: Damien Knight loses a chess match to 16-year-old Christine Anderson at the Ares Goodwill Tournament.
- August 15 PCC: High-level media and industry officials establish the Horizon Group, and former sim-star Gary Cline is appointed CEO.
- August 19: DocWagon COO Michael Davenport is allegedly shot, then killed while the vehicle transporting him was destroyed. Shadow rumors suggest Davenport faked his death to found Rose Croix.
- August 29: The commander of Joint Task Force: Seattle, Maj. Gen. Angela Colloton, announces the transfer of control over the Renraku Arcology to the Seattle Metroplex Guard.
- September 11: Suborbital flight RDA 319 crashes, killing all 144 passengers aboard. Among the dead are NEEC representative Rudolph McDonald and Erika wireless Matrix engineer Karl Mannstein.
- September 16: The first publicized (and for many, known) manned mission to Mars, the Valentina Tereshkova, transmits live footage from the Martian surface.
- September 24: Several days of riots begin in Manila.
- October: A terrorist bombing strikes a playoff baseball game, killing five people and leading to the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series by default.
- October 8: Talks between the Tsimshian and Salish-Sidhe fall apart.
- October 23: The National Supreme Soviet announces that General Secretary Arkady Korolenko will take an indeterminite leave of absence to recover from illness.
- November: Pax is increasing pressured by her Fading. Additionally, Overwatch, GOD, and various intelligence agencies begin pursuing her after her former master, Deus, frames Ex Pacis for the abduction of Shiawase heir and future Japenese empress, Hitomi Shiawase.
- November 8: An explosion at Novatech’s Epoxitech factory in East St. Louis kills nine and injures 25.
- December: Having finally tracked down a Winternight cell, Pax proposes an alliance with them. The Surtr prototype is stolen from Zeta-ImpChem and Winternight begins producing it in Scandinavia. Winternight begins carrying out strikes against Overwatch enclaves and the Network on behalf of Ex Pacis, using deniable assets when possible to inhibit identification.Sixth World Almanac says December 19
- President Aurélie de Paladines leads the French state into the NEEC.
- The Hong Kong triad war ends with the Red Dragon Association victorious and the Yellow Lotus destroyed.
- Riots erupt over council politics in Tir Tairngire, leading to violence against dissidents by suppressive forces led by Jenna Ni’Fairra.
- James Telestrian III is elected to the Council of Princes.
2064: Matrix Crash 2.0[edit | edit source]
- January 8: The Sioux Nation Office of Military Intelligence intercepts a thaumaturgially-enhanced nuclear weapon outside of Butte. Research links it to Winternight.
- January 11: Dr. Dieter von Kammelburg, former Director of Research at the Metagenics Research Consortium, is killed in a hit-and-run. Dr. von Kammelburg is believed to have been the Nazi, one of Alamos 20,000’s Central Executive.
- February 5: GreenWar operatives highjack a container of nuclear waste, killing all security officers on its train.
- March 14: Admiral Ryochi Kuroda is appointed governor of the Philippines. He orders the execution of all Filipino dissidents.
- March 17: Novatech announces that 20% of their stock will be sold in an IPO on November 2.
- April 1: The East Coast Stock Exchange begins upgrading its infrastructure in anticipation of heavy traffic for the Novatech IPO. 
- April 18: Operation Jormungand: Pax successfully tests the Jormungand worm and readies it for distribution.
- June: Winternight’s allies in Hindu Kali cults help Ex Pacis place otaku in Kolkata Integrated Talent & Technologies, where they scout potential sites for Jormungand code eggs. Puck informs Pax of Deus’s plans for the Novatech IPO.
- June 5: Aztlan signs a peace treaty with the Yucatan rebels, but a bomb kills Aztechnology CEO Juan Atzcapotzalco at the ceremony. Aztlan accuses Dzitbalchén of masterminding the attack and eventually captures, executes, and publicly dissects him.
- August-November: Operation Firnbul: Winternight violently seizes a number of mana nexi around the world to use for a ritual spell that accelerates the coming of an unseasonably harsh winter. 
- August 4: The Network kidnaps and subverts Max Burnwell, CEO of Matrix Systems of Boston.
- September 16: Winternight burns out a decommissioned nuclear physics lab in Gansu to cover their theft of electronics and detonators for nuclear weapons.
- September 25: An infiltration of the Escher-Burkli PLTG is caught. The invaders release an unknown pyretic agent, incinerating all participants. All information is classified and the Corporate Court Crisis Coordination Committee is called into session.
- September 27: Zeta-ImpChem identifies the unknown weapon used in the EB PLTG incident as Surtr, which Winternight stole from them in December. Z-IC offers a countermeasure for Surtr to the Corporate Court in exchange for complete secrecy regarding their role in its creation.
- October 3: Testing of a foreign code segment found in the EB PLTG activates it, killing all online analysts and irretrievably corrupting the test data.
- October 9-24: Intelligence agencies and shadowrunner teams attack Winternight cells for the next sixteen days.
- October 24: The BTL recording of Bloodyguts’s murder is uploaded to half a dozen pirate media hosts. Mitsuhama Computer Technologies announces their withdrawal from the Tsimshian Nation. Haida nationalists prepare to take the country.
- October 30: Toronto police discover the body of Winston Griffith III.
- October 31: The Network finishes compiling Deus’s code and uploads him into the Matrix. The surviving 1,342 Network nodes fall into a coma.
- Pax gives Puck a Jormungand code egg with instructions to upload it to the East Coast Stock Exchange without Deus’s knowledge.
- November 1: The Corporate Court systematically dismantles as much of Winternight’s infrastructure as they can. The cult is believed destroyed and the CC forces stand down.
- 9:00 PM: Thursday detonates the nuclear weapon at Valhalla. The extraction team and their charges are beyond the blast radius. Wednesday commits magical suicide and Friday is placed under ultra-heavy security.
- November 2: Matrix Crash 2.0.
- 8:30 AM: Trading begins at the East Coast Stock Exchange. Novatech’s IPO is the primary focus of attention.
- 9:16 AM: Deus takes over the ECSE. He proceeds to force open SANs to other supercomputing hosts to contribute to his upgrade.
- 9:24 AM: Otaku spies in the ESCE create a Resonance Well inside the Host, allowing Megaera and Mirage to engage Deus.
- 9:31 AM: Jormungand activates. Friday confesses Winternight’s plan to her captors. Puck places his Jormungand egg into the ESCE Host.
- 9:42 AM: Zurich-Orbital cuts all telecommunications except for direct uplinks. Z-O sysops Clotho and Atropos upload all Z-O data on Winternight’s weapons to the Denver Nexus. 
- 9:44 AM: Operation Mjolnir: Six of Winternight’s fifteen EMP bombs and three of their five conventional nuclear weapons detonate; corporate, national, and independent agents manage to stop the rest of the weapons or mitigate their effects.
- 9:51 AM: Dissonance corrupts major data hubs around the world. International data traffic begins crashing. An illusion is cast over Boston of a wolf devouring the sun. 
- 10:05 AM: CATCo corporate jet 5938-H loses power and crashes en route to San Francisco. All passengers and crew, including CATCo CEO Lucien Cross, are killed.
- November 3: The New Revolution stages a coup across the UCAS. New Revolution agents kidnap President of the UCAS Kyle Haeffner, who is killed during a rescue attempt. Nadja Daviar survives an assassination attempt. Daviar declares martial law and the majority of New Revolution activity is defeated within twenty-four hours.
- November 7: Ibn Eisa blames the Arabian Caliph for the Crash and the New Islamic Jihad begins a riot.
- November 23: The Arabian Caliph surrenders to Ibn Eisa’s New Islamic Jihad to end the violence.
- A new Polish government is sworn in.
- November 26: Ibn Eisa is revealed to be a shedim.
- December 1: The Haida National Front overthrows the government of the Tsimshian Nation, publicly executing Great Chief Deborah Jim. Sioux-led STC forces intervene. Tsimshian is made a protectorate of the Salish-Shidhe Council. The Council of Princes of Tír Tairngire announces it will abdicate in favor of an elected government.
- December 3: Order is restored in Arabia.
- In the wake of the Matrix Crash 2.0, a big underworld war between the Vory and the Mafia in France.
2065[edit | edit source]
2066[edit | edit source]
- January 6: First generation commlinks — palm-sized cyberterminals — are commercially released.
- February 18: Metaphysicists discover that a modified electrical current run through an orichalcum-laced filament creates dual-natured light.
- May 3: The French government sets the Brocéliande Forest as a self-governing territory under control of the Korrigan, a coalition of sapient non-metahumans including pixies and spirits.
- June 15: The Mita-gumi and the Watada-gumi yakuza go to war.
- July 5: Glitterworld, an immersive interactive sim park, opens its doors in Korea.
- July 8: A super-typhoon hits Hong Kong. The storm inflicts less damage to life and property than previous storms, which is attributed to the city’s new wireless Matrix systems.
- September 8: Gaeatronics’s Geothermal Power Plant Network of five power plants comes online eight months behind schedule. The power plants are hailed as the next generation in environmentally-sound engineering and generate enough power to meet the needs of the Native American Nations. The Sioux Nation, Salish-Shidhe Council, and Pueblo Corporate Council begin to decommission corporate-run energy plants in their nations, prompting the corporations to protest.
- October 31: The Lord Protector’s Office violently suppresses student riots at Cambridge, resulting in eighty-one deaths, hundreds of injuries and arrests, and a dozen disappearances. The riots are attributed to the Pendragon, who subsequently vanishes.
- Seattle and the Salish-Shidhe Council are selected as joint hosts for the 2076 Olympic Summer Games.
- Luc de Berry passed away and the leadership of the French Catholic Church is transfered, per his wishes, to Amaury de Lubersac .
2067[edit | edit source]
2068[edit | edit source]
- January 24 KENYA: During 100-year anniversary of the African Cup of Nations, riots erupt when the team from Asamando attempts to gain admittance to the games. The entire team and their coaches are killed in the violence.
- January 31 SIOUX: Struggling Wind River Corporation goes up for sale. After agreeing to donate ten percent of the agricultural yield to NAN food banks, the Horizon Group beats out Aztechnology, Shiawase, and the PCC. Later in the year, the corp opens the five long-delayed underground agricultural hydroponic farms; each one covering over 20,000 square kilometers, with multiple underground levels. The farms make Horizon the largest corporate agricultural producer in North America.
- March 4: The reactor of the ESUS arcology in Faulquemont, SOX, suffers a meltdown.
- March 15 KINGDOMS OF NIGERIA: The Yoruba government strikes a deal with Global Sandstorm for military support, ending the Seven Kings war. The oil pipeline becomes fully operational, bringing huge profits to Global Sandstorm and participating Nigerian Kingdoms. Piracy and corporate infighting rise to an all-time high.
- May 18 HONG KONG: An astral shallow appears for a short time on the Splendid Dragon Path overlaying the astral image of an actual dragon on the skyway. A shrine is built where the dragon’s head appeared.
- July 2 THE MATRIX: Virtual marriages are approved as legal by the Corporate Court and in multiple nations around the globe, including UCAS.
- September 9 HONG KONG: The anti-corporate group 9×9 makes its first appearance in a terrorist strike against corporate holdings in Hong Kong.
- October 31 EGYPT: While being excavated by the Apep Consortium, archeological sites in Egypt come under assault by a group of Beetle magicians calling themselves the Hem’netjer, forcing multiple sites to be shut down until they can be secured. When excavation continues, Egyptian officials announce that new tunnels have been discovered, and unknown artifacts removed.
- November 6 Gen. Angela Colloton, famous for her command of the Renraku Arcology situation and for defending against the 2064 coup, is elected President of the UCAS.
- November 6 CAS: Aaron Franklin is re-elected president.
- The pro-democracy, anti-corporate underground group 9×9 appears in Hong Kong for the first time.
- Gen. Keiji Saito is removed from California.
2069[edit | edit source]
- January 21: Gen. Angela Colloton is inaugurated as the President of the UCAS.
- March 8 PCC: Two major earthquakes from the San Andreas and San Pedro Shelf fault lines rock the West Coast. Centered in Los Angeles, they causing widespread destruction never seen before in California. Parts of Southern California and the Central Valley fall below sea level, and after being hit with a tsunami, Los Angeles and other coastal cities are cut off from the mainland, effectively becoming islands. The quakes are powerful enough that people in Africa report seeing well water moving. Mount Rainier, near Seattle, erupts; in the following years, it repeatedly showers Seattle with ash falls. Later it is discovered that the topography of the area has significantly changed, with a vast network of astral constructs in the form of underground tunnels and lagoon-sized sinkholes appearing. This unnatural phenomenon is named the Deep Lacuna and stretches from CalFree north of Los Angeles south into Aztlan. Between the earthquakes, flooding, and appearance of the Deep Lacuna, much of LA is a disaster zone; the entire NAN pitches in for rescue and recovery operations.
- March 8 UCAS: Manadyne CEO Dr. Carolyn Winters disappears in Boston. Despite massive efforts, no trace of her is ever found.
- April 15 GLOBAL: Symbionts reach the mass market.
- May 2 ANGOLA: Angolan troops occupy two contested diamond fields in the former area of Namibia. a militarized conflict zone results when, in response, Universal Omnitech sends mercenary troops in. 
- May 5 UK: Princess Caroline is coroneted as Queen five days after King George VIII passes away.
- July 1 TÍR TAIRNGIRE: Saeder-Krupp reveals the first large buildings produced solely by nanotechnology in Portland. The office complex is considered a major breakthrough in nanite-built structures. S-K announces plans to construct their first ever Seattle offices using the same technology.
- November 15 UCAS: MIT&T publishes “The Virtuakinetic Phenomenon,” regarding an individual, Patient “V”, who is apparently able to manipulate the Matrix by thought alone. “V” disappears shortly afterwards, the apparent victim of an unwilling extraction.
- December 24 CONGO: The Kinshasa-Brazzaville sprawl is taken over by Kobíkela, an organization of tribal shaman and Awakened sapient non-metahumans. They inform Corporate interests that it is now the capital of the Congo Tribal Lands and all residents are now under their jurisdiction.
- Riots rock Munich as news spreads about a doctor at Martinsried University Hospital performing involuntary sterilizations on metahuman women.
2070: A Brave New Wireless World[edit | edit source]
- The start of o90760406Shadowrun Fourth Edition.
- April 11: UK: The great dragon Rhonabwy signs a contract with Evo’s MetaMatrix branch to produce a daily music review blog called Soothing the Savage Beast.
- June 30: The Hong Kong Incident. 342 patients and 58 medical staff at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in the Hong Kong Free Enterprise Zone, including Dr. Thomas Shalbermat, are killed during a violent escape. Mitsuhama Computer Technologies releases a public statement describing the escapees as violent and unpredictable “technomancers.” Date is June 28 in Sixth World Almanac.
- July 5 SWITZERLAND: The United Nations holds an emergency session to discuss the technomancer threat.
- August 19: Sojourner an AI makes headline news by hijacking the space station Tlaloc (beginning of the so-called Tlatoc Crisis)  Date is August 18 in Sixth World Almanac 
- August 20: Greek authorities confirm that several artifacts, including the Phaistos Disc, were recently stolen from a museum in Herakleion.
- August 25: Pulsar, another AI supported by Horizon releases its “manifesto” and offers to negotiate with Sojourner.
- August 26: Proteus AG concludes that an anomalous intrusion into the Okinawa arkoblock’s Matrix on this day was caused by a virtuakinetically-active pod of dolphins (techno-critter) attempting to rescue a trapped member from an underwater flue.
- September 18: DENVER: Public outcry is immense in response to a recording is released by reporter Jane McCrory which shows gruesome images of inhumane corporate experimentation on technomancers. These experiments including children, most of whom were kidnapped from their families. 
- November 2: UCAS: Kenneth Brackhaven wins the Seattle gubernatorial election after Josephine Dzhugashvili withdraws. 
- November 10: PCC: Horizon releases Persona 2.0, an exclusive multimedia personal blogging, communication, and social rating system in Los Angeles. 
- December: The AI Bai Li officially converts to Buddhism. 
- December 1: UCAS: The technomancer registration bill is passed into law. 
- December 1: EGYPT: Alexandria and Cairo become havens for technomancers and hackers after the Coptic Pope issues a proclamation offering sanctuary to any who are “People of the Book.” Underground railroads are formed across Asia and Europe to bring them into Egypt. 
- December 5: JAPAN: The Diet passes a bill requiring mandatory testing of children for technomancer abilities. Empress Hitomi establishes a government school for young and latent technomancers. 
- December 25: SOX: French military units launch a multi-prong attack against corporate facilities in the SOX area. 
- The Laodicea Order – an religious order of technomancers – is founded by the German Catholic Church. 
- Famed anarchist terrorist Duruti Leon stages a massive campaign of terrorist attacks and assassinations against the citizens of Munich, targeting the rich, corrupted, and beautiful people and corporate execs of the city. After learning that he was being manipulated by NeoNET media subsidiary Neue Bavaria Simsense Studios, he starts a poison gas attack against NeoNET’s tent at Oktoberfest and kills himself.
- The world has recovered somewhat from the Crash 2.0 of 2064. The new Wireless Matrix has replaced the old cyberspace. New corporate superpowers have arisen while others vanished.
- Rowena O’Malley, Dona of the Finnigan Family, kills Maurice “the Butcher” Bigio and becomes the first capa of the Seattle Mafia.
- Seattle governor’s election: The three main candidates are Julius Strouthers, Josephine Dzhugashvili and Kenneth Brackhaven. 
- The Emergence: Technomancers show up all around the world, and a new witch hunt is started by the media, corporations and the bureaucrats.
2071[edit | edit source]
- January 5 BRUSSELS: Legislation requiring mandatory testing and registration of technomancers is passed by the New European Economic Community (NEEC).
- January 15 EARTH ORBIT: The Corporate Court votes against the Artificial Intelligence Accords. It states that the question of AI sapience and rights must be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- February: Sun Temple Agriculture seeds all available acreage in Tenochtitlan with its “cotton candy grass,” engineered to absorb airborne pollutants and trap it in the soil as sulfur and ammonia. For the first time in seventy years, pollution levels in Tenochtitlan drop and the city is covered in a field of reddish gold.
- February 2 PCC: The Pueblo Corporate Council begins offering SINs to AIs, which accords them rights as Pueblo citizens. Horizon and Evo follow suit within days.
- February 12 GLOBAL: A new drug hits the streets around the world. Called tempo or flipside, it sparked an underworld war. Governments rushed legislation in an attempt to control the drug-related crime sprees fueled by the underworld unrest.
- March 30: After a gunfight that leaves one officer and eight Ancients dead, Seattle police confiscate 45.8 tons of leäl from an Ancients safehouse in Tarislar.
- April 1: Neo-Tokyo police seize fifty kilograms of tempo being smuggled into the metroplex.
- April 20: BRUSSELS: Because of France’s attack on SOX corporate facilities, the New European Economic Community (NEEC) institutes severe economic sanctions against it. France continues to remain silent on the reasons behind the attack. 
- May 5: Aurélie de Paladines, former president of France, dies, confirming rumors about her declining health since she stepped down in 2068
- May 18: Lone Star announces that they will recruit Seattle Metroplex Guard to bolster its Fast Response Division in light of increased gang violence in the Seattle Sprawl.
- May 28: The seventh victim of Seattle’s “Fahrenheit Killer” is found in as many weeks.
- June 8: A battle between the First Nations and the Ragers on the Seattle docks kills six gang members and four civilians, including shadowrunner Maria “Fatima” Jones. The fight is believed to have been over control of tempo distribution.
- June 14: The Kowloon Massacre. Rival gangs open fire on each other for control of the drug trade in Kowloon. Over five thousand people die in the violence.
- June 23 UK: The Office of the Lord Protector is dissolved following a march on London’s inner city led by the Pendragon. 
- July 1 SWITZERLAND: In preparation for a vote on sapient non-metahuman rights, the United Nations Initiative on Awakened Issues releases a 4,600-page “Sapience Report”. 
- July 16: Seattle Governor Kenneth Brackhaven announces a crackdown on tempo-related gang violence.
- August 7: Employees of six pharmacies in the Northrhine-Ruhr Metroplex are accused of drug trafficking when authorities find twelve kilograms of raw tempo.
- September 4: A tempo addict kills New York City artist William Ferguson for his stash of the drug and burns his apartment.
- September 11: The LA Bloodbath. Fourteen members of the Olaya and Andes Cartels and a security spider are killed at the Baltimore Towers in Los Angeles. The PCC DEA discovers a full-scale tempo lab in the South Tower.
- ca. September 15: Interpol issues an Orange Alert concerning tempo. Intelligence suggests that it is coming from a single source in South America.
- October 15: The Sovereign Tribal Council announces that it will not ban tempo in its jurisdictions.
- November 10: The bloodiest weekend in Caracas’s history sees 324 people dead. Amazonia denies Aztlan’s accusations that they are sheltering and supporting the creators of tempo.
- November 14: Hong Kong SWAT raids a warehouse containing over 150,000 doses of tempo controlled by the Black Chrysanthemum Triads.
- November 20 SOUTH AMERICA: Strikes lead by Interpol and affiliated agencies, with Corporate Court blessings and backed by Aztechnology military, hit drug cartel assets in several nations in South America, including Amazonia and the free cities of Bogotá and Caracas. In the attacks, the Olaya Cartel is all but destroyed, and Graciela Riveros’s—the mastermind behind the creation of tempo—laboratories and residences are destroyed. His body later discovered in a destroyed lab. After their decisive action against the cartels, Aztechnology’s global popularity soars. (It was later reported that it was a deception, Graciela Riveros is alive and working for Azechnology)
- November 26: Seattle doctors find preliminary links between tempo use and congenital birth defects.
- December 2: Empress Hitomi gives birth to the Crown Prince of Japan, Asaka Nashihito. This day is marked as a national holiday. 
- Everett Naval Shipyards hosts joint war games with the CAS Navy.
2072[edit | edit source]
- January 1: Pueblo Corporate Council conditional shares owned by former Ute Nation citizens mature and become residential shares. A large voting block immediately puts forward a motion to reinstate Aztechnology’s business license in the PCC.
- February 5: The 2072 Winter Olympics begin in Denver. Aztlan’s athletes are barred from competing or even entering the city by ZKF forces.
- February 28: Roger Soaring-Owl resigns from his position as VP of Knight Errant.
- March 15: The Seattle government does not renew Lone Star’s contract, citing its poor handling of the tempo crisis. The city negotiates a new contract with Knight Errant.
- May 9: Ares Macrotechnology unveils new nanotechnology designed for space travel applications.
- May 10: The United Nations Security Council overturns the Sapient Non-Metahuman Rights Accord, prompting vehement protests from Awakened nations.
- June 1: The Pueblo Corporate Council board of directors defers the Aztechnology vote at the shareholders' meeting, drawing widespread protests and calls from Ute territory for a vote of no confidence.
- November 8: Angela Colloton is reelected President of the UCAS. Ramsay McMalkin wins the CAS presidential election.
- November 10: The Corporate Court publicly announces that construction is underway on a space elevator, scheduled for activation by 2074 with a space-side habitat ready for general occupation by 2076. The Court receives a petition to decommission the Mt. Kilimanjaro mass driver upon completion of the space elevator.
- November 13: Aztlan declares war on Amazonia after capturing a black ops team inside one of their secret weapons development facilities.
- December 3: FastJack contracts a team led by Riser to get him into the network of a NeoNET facility outside Albuquerque, PCC. While FastJack is investigating the facility’s purpose, something infects both him and Riser; they begin to exhibit symptoms of dissociative identity disorder, which FastJack also notices in Plan 9. The infection identifies itself to FastJack as the “Self-Educating Autonomous Reasoning Combat Hacking” program.
- December 28: Mercenaries bomb the Nicaragua Canal, closing it to shipping. Aztechnology claims that it will have the damaged repaired and the canal reopened in two weeks, but they fail to meet the deadline.
2073[edit | edit source]
- January: The Mayan Cutter returns to terrorize Seattle. The new Cutter is eventually revealed to be ex-UCAS Army Ranger Shawn Walker.
- January 18: The Great Dragon Sirrurg lays waste to the Aztlan city of Cali. He and his entourage rampage for three hours, slaughtering five thousand soldiers at the local military base. The attack ends at 12:58 PM when he casts a magical spell over Cali’s business district, killing nearly ten thousand civilians with magically-induced genetic and physical defects. Amazonian forces move in before Aztlan can do so and occupy the city.
- March: Sirrurg attacks Managua, killing hundreds.
- March 13: An Ares Macrotechnology commuter train derails in Manhattan, killing two hundred forty-six passengers.
- Late March: Knight Errant investigators find links between Shawn Walker and Knight Errant Vice-President George Mathers.
- May 8: Neo-anarchists allegedly hack into an Ares Macrotechnology spy satellite and release classified images of the Aztlan-Amazonia war onto the Matrix.
- April: The “Mealtime Killer” claims her first victim.
- June 25: The government of Morocco cancels its contracts with Ares Macrotechnology and signs a three-year deal with Saeder-Krupp.
- July: The nature of HMHVV begins to change. The Infected start noticing increased sensitivity to sunlight and spontaneous cyberware rejections.
- July 18: The Great Dragon Ghostwalker performs a ritual that closes Dunkelzahn’s Rift in Washington, FDC. Over six hundred civilians are killed, nearly two thousand more injured, and almost three hundred fifty are missing, believed pulled into the rift (SINless victims are not included in the official body count).
- July 21: Draco Foundation lawyers move to have Nadja Daviar’s SIN reinstated. She returns to the public eye after almost nine years in hiding.
- July 23: The Great Dragon Hestaby speaks before the United Nations General Assembly. She condemns Sirrurg’s rampage, citing Aztlan’s 2064 execution of Dzitbalchén as the source of his rage, and urges the UN War Crimes Tribunal to take action. Elliot Eyes-of-Wyrm, founder of the Shasta Shamans and one of Hestaby’s closest friends, is assassinated immediately after her speech concludes.
- Shortly after Hestaby’s speech to the UN, Alamais establishes a stronghold near GeMiTo, a feral city. Intent on advancing his beliefs of Dragon superiority, the Great Dragon attracts a number of adult dragons to follow him, turning the area into their feeding grounds–every day a dozen or so dragons preyed upon the inhabitants of the sprawl, consuming upwards of 300 metahumans a day. By the time it is all over, ninety thousand metahumans are killed and eaten, prompting Lofwyr to intervene during the Great Dragon Civil War. 
- Shadowrunners steal the Sextant of the Worlds from Aztechnology’s Pyramid Arcane Supplies in Bogotá and transport it through the rainforest to Caracas.
- July 29: Cardinal Eduardo Ortega-Nunez is assassinated during a press conference announcing that the Catholic Church has recaptured the Sextant of the Worlds; Picador and Black Mamba are among the teams hired by other parties to recover the Sextant.
- July 30: Hestaby retaliates against Saeder-Krupp and its subsidiaries; attacking Dubai — summoning spirits and using powerful magics to carve up Saeder-Krupp’s Middle East division headquarters. There are no fatalities during her attack on the forty-seven story high rise, despite turning it into rubble.
- August 10: The United Nations indicts Sirrurg for war crimes.
- August 25: Urban Brawl star Ryu Hansen dies of anaphylactic shock. Rumors persist that he was killed in an extraction attempt two weeks previously and the coroner’s report is a coverup.
- November 5: Edmund Jeffries, press secretary to Seattle Governor Kenneth Brackhaven, steals over $50 million from the city workers’ retirement fund and disappears.
- December 20: A Seers Guild press conference scheduled for this day is cancelled.
- The Pendants of Avalon are stolen from a Society of Hawks gala at Belvedere Castle, Central Park, Manhattan, New York City.
2074[edit | edit source]
- Sioux Nation sends in a Wildcats team together with 24 more troops to stop the Shedim infesting Flatwillow, an abandoned town previously occupied by a group of gangers. By the time the assault ends, Flatwillow is burning and the Wildcats manage to push the Shedim back into a nearby mine, only for them to escape soon after and eventually take over the town (still occupied to this day)
- January: Knight Errant releases a report identifying the “Mealtime Killer” as Teresa Castillo from Galveston, Texas, who claimed responsibility for 23 deaths over 7 months.
- January 15: Marcus Killinger kills (again) in Washington, FDC. A Troll joins him as a second ‘We are Free’ killer.
- February 13: Last known sighting of Shapeshifter and Toxic Shaman ‘Artaxias’ in the Hong Kong Free Enterprise Zone.
- March: At Zebulon’s behest, Ghostwalker outlaws spirit summoning in Denver.
- March 3 – 9: Yamatetsu Nautical Technologies suffers 5 aircraft falling apart while mid-flight throughout the week.
- April: On the 1-year anniversary of the ‘Mealtime Killer’s’ first reported victim, copycat killings take place in 5 continents.
- April 20: The CAS Marine Corps issues an arrest warrant for Colonel Pura Severn, a suspected Insect Shaman. Severn and 12 fellow soldiers (suspected to be invested with insect spirits) flee before Military Police can arrest her.
- June 4 – 8: Amazonian aircraft experience a 5-day streak of spontaneous structural failures while mid-flight.
- June 22: Minuteman Security officer Tyler Lane, in charge of investigating Marcus Killinger, becomes a suspect in another ‘We are Free’ killing and disappears.
- July 1: The Second Treaty of Denver expires.
- July 18: ‘We are Free’ killing take place in multiple cities all on the same day.
- July 28: Buildings constructed by Central Industrial in Bogotá spontaneously collapse.
- August: Shadowrunner teams have destroyed ~24 dragon eggs by this time.
- Contact with Gagarin Base on Mars is restored after 130 days of radio silence.
- August 8: Evo Marine Brack Onijigo leads a unit to board the ENF – Akula Krov and then opens fire on two other ships from the same group during a training exercise in the South Pacific. All 3 ships are damaged beyond repair (a clandestine Thor shot sinks the Akula Krov at 2130 hours) and 219 crewmen are lost at sea. From messages to his wife, Onijigo exhibits lack of awareness regarding his activities.
- August 11: During a Desert Wars battle between the Ares Delta Dogs and the Mojave Rattlers, the latter’s Cavalier Arms equipment spontaneously fails.
- August 18: Hurricane Donald and Sirrurg both land in Borinquen (Puerto Rico) and destroy the NatVat facility, as well as devastating most of the island.
- August 20: Aztlan’s corn crop withers and dies. Within two days, areas that hadn’t been rained on by Hurricane Donald also see their corn die, and the infection spreads both north and south. It is referred to as: “Atlacoya blight”. Inside of a week, Aztlan see much of it’s agricultural strength evaporate.
- September 1: Ghostwalker has Perianwyr arrested for “illegal bondage of sapient beings” (spirit summoning) and “treason.”
- September 5: Nicholas Aurelius throws himself from his Gulfstream while en route to Detroit. The shadows believe that he did so in response to pursuing wasp spirits.
- September 7: The Weekday Eclipse club in downtown Denver is firebombed the day before a scheduled benefit concert for Perianwyr. The Zone Defense Force investigators blame faulty wiring.
- September 12: The DA Murders: Seattle Five members of the Seattle District Attorneys Office, along with at least ten of their family members, are assassinated in their homes. The deaths include District Attorney David Beatty and his wife. ADA Dana Oaks is also initially listed as a sixth member of the DA’s office among the dead. Less publicized but part of the same event is the Assassinations of Helen Shaard and the entire Project Freedom staff.
- September 19: Shadowrunner teams employed by Alamais burn swathes of the Mount Shasta forest and kill any shamans and Northern Crescent gypsies they encounter. Hestaby ends the carnage within minutes of her intervention. Lone Star investigators discover forensic evidence of the use of Surtr.
- September 20: Numerous member of the Godz go-gang, including leaders Rex Paquette and Apollo, are found dead and mutilated along I-70 in the PCC sector of Denver. The Fronts go-gang absorbs the Aurora Angels hacker gang, becoming the largest go-gang in the city sector.
- October: Roland’s Sword and the Sons of Siegfried claim responsibility for sabotaging Heavy Metal, Iraq Oil, and Saurer-Rieter, all subsidiaries of Saeder-Krupp.
- October 2: The Zombies thrill gang attacks Zone Defense Force vehicles and checkpoints. The attacks leave significant collateral damage and civilian casualties. The gang has powerful technological and magical support to keep the ZDF from tracking them down during the terror spree.
- October 3: Operation: Marauder: The Aztlan government, following a plan to engage and destroy the Great Dragon Sirrurg, located his base of operation near Roswell after months of searching by Ground Task Force One. The Great Dragon was not present at the time so an alternate plan moved forward, destroying the lair in an attempt to draw Sirrurg into a trap.
- 1350 Zulu: Operation: Marauder: Aztlan Special Forces assault Sirrurg’s “mini-hoard” outside Roswell.
- 1406: Ground Task Force-One engages with a heavy security presence including dracoforms, drakes, spirits, and at least two adult dragons. After all resistance is pacified and the dead and wounded are removed, GTF-1 demolishes the structure.
- apx. 1500: Aztechnology’s subverted spy satellites locate Sirrurg racing up the Pacific coast toward GTF-1’s location. Air Task Force-Two is scrambled to intercept with ATF-3 reinforcing and ATF-1 on standby. Sirrurg rips through the ATF-2’s first wave, although the drones manage to score several direct hits. The AZT forces are believed to have deployed a top-secret weapon codenamed Blue-227, tailored specifically to fight Sirrurg. A shot from the Chupacabra’s railgun hits Sirrurg’s left shoulder, forcing him down approximately thirty miles north of Acapulco. Overwhelming ground forces move into engage Sirrurg.
- Sirrurg attempts a magical ritual to end the battle. The ritual releases a half-kilometer-wide energy discharge that blinds everyone looking directly at it and then collapses, killing everyone caught inside. Sirrurg falls to the ground but before Aztlan forces can approach him, a storm rises, briefly obscuring the site before blowing out and revealing that Sirrurg’s body has vanished.
- The Aztlan military begins Operation: Huntress. The Battle of Bogotá begins as Aztlan surrounds and invades Bogotá.
- October 7: A dual-natured bomb rips open the Wonderland club in Denver; Lucinda Gray Arrow and the free spirit Alyss are among the dead. Alamos 20,000 takes credit for the attack.
- October 10: The Dragon’s Lair, Ghostwalker’s private node in the Denver Data Haven, is cracked. Ghostwalker sends the Zone Defense Force to the Data Haven’s physical location and arrests everyone still on site. Nexus second-in-command Silvery K surrenders herself into ZDF custody.
- October 13: The Aztlan military effectively cuts off Bogotá from the outside world. Rules of engagement are to shoot on sight any craft trying to leave or enter the city. In Denver, the Zombies, Aurora Angels, and the Kirlov Vory massacre the Yamato Yakuza clan.
- October 15: The Aztlan military establishes a fifty-kilometer no-fly zone around Bogotá. Amazonia and other countries protest Aztlan’s siege of the city before the United Nations. Anti-dragon forces attack a Transys Neuronet lab in Edinburgh where Celedyr is working. The Great Dragon shifts into his draconic form to protect his co-workers, causing significant collateral damage; the Order of Saint George claims responsibility for the attack. Denver’s GridGuide network falls to a complex, evolving computer virus, introduced to the system by agents working for Puck and the Jester’s Army.
- October 17: Agents hired by Alamais assassinate Ludmilla Reanka in North Cara’Sir.
- October 18-28: The Amazonian military attempts to lift the siege of Bogotá with assistance from MET2000, Black Star, and Combat, Inc. The offensive turns into a brutal citywide melee.
- October 19: In her last message to JackPoint, Black Mamba warns the shadow community that exposure to Blue-227 can cause “blood fury” in metahumanity. Mamba is believed killed in action. Denver erupts in civil war; Ghostwalker responds by declaring martial law, curfews, and severing the city from the international Matrix.
- October 26: Shadowrunners steal nearly one thousand counterfeit commlinks from Knight Errant’s 14th Precinct evidence lockers in Seattle.
- October 28: At 1634 local, a United Nations Peacekeeping Force arrives in Cali, Aztlan, with orders to render aid as needed and end hostilities by force if necessary. All hostilities mysteriously cease upon the UNPF’s arrival. The Great Dragon Hualpa offers terms of cease-fire to Aztlan, which are accepted.
- October 29: Aztlan President Enrico Silva and Hualpa sign the cease-fire agreement in Geneva. A new border between Aztlan and Amazonia is established and the no-fly zone over Bogotá is lifted. All sanctions against Aztlan are lifted.
- October 31: Ghostwalker and Harlequin duel in Denver before Zebulon interrupts and convinces Ghostwalker to stand down. Aztechnology occupies all of Denver south of 6th Avenue during the blizzard.
- November: Proposition 23 passes.
- November 1: In a NewsTalk interview, Hestaby defends her actions in Dubai and against the terrorists that burned Mount Shasta, accusing Alamais of backing them, and implies that Sirrurg is still alive.
- November 2: Magical energy accumulates around Mount Shasta. Discussions for a third Treaty of Denver begin between the UCAS, CAS, Sioux Nation, Pueblo Corporate Council, and Aztechnology. Shadowrunners free Perianwyr from imprisonment.
- November 3: The magical accumulation around Mount Shasta is released at 0139 hours. At the same time, a massive explosion occurs at Alamais’s compound in GeMiTo. Two lesser dragons are killed while Alamais and two others are wounded. Four hours later, Alamais responds by wreaking havoc within GeMiTo, killing almost three thousand metahumans in five hours.
- November 5-6: Lofwyr attacks Alamais’s GeMiTo compound with overwhelming force that consists of over a thousand metahuman mercenaries and shadowrunners, armored fighting vehicles, air support, twenty adult dragons, and the Great Dragons Lung and Arleesh. Metahuman shadowrunners score the killing blow on Alamais at approximately 1006 on November 6.
- November 8: The Great Dragons leave their lairs for a formal assembly. This marks the effective end of the Great Dragon Civil War. The Assembly sentences Sirrurg to imprisonment. In Asamando, United Nations inspectors are killed by feral ghouls while investigating conditions at the nation’s prisons.
- November 16: Queen Thema Laula of Asamando collapses shortly before a scheduled national address, having suffered a major heart attack.
- November 25: Queen Thema Laula of Asamando dies. Her daughter Rani Laula is crowned, symbolically devours her mother’s heart, and declares a forty-four day period of mourning.
- December 1: Danielle de la Mar announces new Matrix grids and protocols, maintained by the Corporate Court members, that promise Matrix access worldwide.
- December 7: Martin de Vries is publicly outed as a vampire at a book signing in Houston, Texas, when half a dozen vampires attempt to kill him.
- December 16: Three Tsimshian council candidates and two incumbents begin showing signs of early-onset dementia.
- December 20: The Great Dragon Assembly moves that Hestaby be stripped of her hoard and lair and to be ostracized from their culture.
- December 22-24: Forces hired by the Great Dragons march into Mount Shasta to repossess Hestaby’s holdings. The Shasta Shamans are almost wiped out, the Shasta Lodge is destroyed, two hundred Northern Crescent gypsies are killed, and nearly twenty thousand hectares of forest is destroyed. The Great Dragons’ forces take three days to catalog and transport Hestaby’s hoard.
- December 24: A federal grand jury indicts Edmund Jeffries on a laundry list of felony charges.
2075[edit | edit source]
2076[edit | edit source]
- April: The Stolen Souls post hits Jackpoint, revealing more details about Cognitive Fragmentation Disorder to the shadows. 
- June 4: An iridescent dragon escapes a MIT&T research facility, attacks the Boston NeoNET towers, and is subsequently repelled by the Great Dragon Celedyr. The creature crashes into Fenway Park’s Green Monster, flies north to Salem while spreading an iridescent rain cloud, then disappears. 
- June 5: Boston is quarantined by a collaborative effort between the AAA Prime Megacorporations. The local Matrix node is shut down, effectively cutting the city off from the rest of the world, while defenses both technological and magical are implemented to prevent anyone from getting in or out of Boston.
- Officially, the quarantine is erected to stop a viral encephalitis outbreak. Unofficially, the iridescent dragon infected a large number of people with a dangerous, experimental CFD strain. 
2077[edit | edit source]
- The Monads announce themselves to the Corporate Court and outline plans for Project Exodus, scheduled for completion in 2080.
- UCAS Congressman Thomas Lincoln is assassinated as part of the Black Lodge’s internal cleanup.
- February – November (unspecified date): Samantha Villiers dies of (allegedly) natural causes while running NeoNET’s Seattle office. Rumors in the shadows claim it may have been a hit.
- February 7: The Corporate Court announces the Megacorporate Revision, scheduled to take place over the next few years with the intention to (re)assess the status of all AA and A corporations. The Revision triggers a lot of unrest (and runs) as the scrutinized corporations become targets for AAA takeover as well as attempt to keep their respective statuses by merging with / striking against competitors.
- March 15: The Megacorporate Revision begins. The Corporate Court starts auditing a number of AA and A corporations to confirm or change their statuses.
- May: – With an audit of its military equipement finished, the Moroccan government initiated a massive upgrade program for the RMAF, led by Army General Salamah Berrada, the program is expected to last until 2082
- July – August: Seattle’s ACHE overheats over the summer, causing 634 deaths. Unbeknownst to all but a few, the cause was not a design flaw in the building, but rather a drastic maintenance budget cut authorized by Downtown Mayor Nikola Taul, who will try to keep the scandal under lid so as to run for Governor the year after.
2078[edit | edit source]
2079[edit | edit source]
- Early 2079:  Seattle holds it’s first Special Election outside of the normal election cycle to fill the empty gubernatorial seat for the Seattle Metroplex. Out of a field of eight candidates Nikola Taul (Democrat) and Corinne Potter (Technocrat) receive the most votes, neither has a majority so a runoff election is scheduled.
- January: State of Georgia vs. L. O. Pane, The Confederation of American States brought its first Monad test case to court. The defendant, a Monad known as L. O. Pain, (presumably charged with “First Degree Unsolicited Cerebral Revision” ) was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter by the Georgia Superior Court, in effect criminalizing CFD.
- February 10: The great dragon Ghostwalker claims sole jurisdiction over Denver and announces that the governments and all citizens of the CAS, PCC, Sioux Nation and the UCAS have 1 month to leave Denver. The reason given is that the various governments involved had failed to properly administer the Front Range Free Zone and protect its citizenry, along with accusing them all to be complicit in a plot to kill him. Anyone remaining in Denver after the deadline would become a citizen of the FRFZ and have to swear fealty to Ghostwalker. 
- Late February and early March: A series of astral rifts or “Rips in Reality” appear all over the Denver area allowing travel to and from an unknown metaplane. An assortment of entities move out of the rifts and a few unlucky individuals fall through or are sucked into them. After mid-March the rifts become less frequent and then stop all together. Long time Denver residents claim that such rifts have occurred before in the past but have never been as prevalent as the current event. Most reports are over the twelve years between 2062 and 2074 with 2067 being the most active year.
- March 10: Ghostwalker’s deadline for all foreign governments and citizens to freely leave the FRFZ is reached. Per orders, the ZDF locks down the city.
- a Matrix blackout is initiated, isolating the Denver Grid from the public and megacorporate grids. Some information still manages to get in and out through the Denver Nexus.
- Airports are closed and all of Denver’s major entrances and exits are blockaded. Those still inside the borders but trying to leave are sent back and inbound traffic is turned away.
- One passenger jet liner, Shin-Delta Flight 401, ignores the order to turn away and is shot down for entering restricted airspace.
- UCAS and CAS forces had previously assembled along the border in a standoff with the Zone Defense Force. The UCAS task force commander ordered all forces to attack. (CAS forces however held fast). Sixteen UCAS and a four ZDF aircraft were lost in the brief aerial skirmish. Ghostwalker himself then made a battlefield appearance, casting a spell described as “a massive wall of white hot fire” between the FRFZ and UCAS forces, Ghostwalker then made the following proclamation: “This is once again my domain, whole and complete. Everything and everyone within it belongs to me. Those who wanted to leave had their chance. Consider this my final warning: do not attempt to return, for if you do, you will only find death. For now, leave with your lives while you still have them.” CAS and UCAS forces then disengaged and withdrew from the FRFZ territory.
- Mid 2079  Corinne Potter (Technocrat) defeats Nikola Taul (Democrat) in the Special Election Runoff and is elected to the governorship of the Seattle Metroplex.
- July: Big Tech, a Troll and Ork Matrix corporation based in Sweetwater (Atlanta), lands a contract with Ares Macrotechnology that most people expected to stay internal.
- September 29: (UCAS vs NeoNET) The Corporate Court states that Richard Villiers is not ‘directly’ responsible for the events leading up to Boston’s 2076 quarantine and subsequent destruction. Rather, it was an oversight by NeoNET as a whole, making Villiers ‘grossly negligent’ as CEO. The case’s decision directly lead to NeoNET’s dismantling.
- Early December Ares Macrotechnology begins an upgrade program of all military and paramilitary assets starting with a two-month rotation of new equipment into various Ares’ military units followed by a six-month training-and-shakedown tour. After which, all units will be redeployed to their previous duty stations.
- December 10: Explosions destroy several floors of the Ares Macrotechnology HQ building in downtown Detroit during an emergency board meeting called by Arthur Vogel. An initial death toll of fifty seven is reported, however some are listed as “missing” pending confirmation. Among those listed as missing are several members of the Ares board of directors, most prominently Mr. Vogel himself. Former CEO Damien Knight takes full and complete control of the corporation, under emergency powers, until new board members can be selected.
- ↑ Note – no date is given, it’s probably January or February but possibly as late as April or May.
- ↑ o49943949Cutting Aces, p. 24
- ↑ o79981650The Complete Trog, p. 91
- ↑ o35506625Chrome Flesh, p. 221
- ↑ ?Dark Terrors, p. 72
- ↑ o14295424Ripping Reality, p.6
- ↑ o79981650The Complete Trog, p.53
- ↑ o14295424Ripping Reality, p.3, p.6-9, p.56
- ↑ o14295424Ripping Reality, p.59
- ↑ Note – no date is given, it’s probably in March or April but possibly as late as June of July.
- ↑ o79981650The Complete Trog, p. 91
- ↑ o79981650The Complete Trog, p. 171
- ↑ ?Dark Terrors, p. 81
- ↑ ?Dark Terrors, p. 18
- ↑ ?Dark Terrors, p. 21
2080[edit | edit source]
- Between January and end of July, the ACMF cordon off six sections of Detroit sprawl, turning them into “no-go” zones. 
- July 29th: Sticks sends a message to Glitch to tell him to monitor closely Detroit in the coming days .
- July 30th: The Detroit Matrix is suddenly down, members of the Jackpoint use a weather satellite to monitor events in the city until the starship Reliance of Space Rescue Service destroys it.
- July 31th: Jackpoint set up a “war room” to share data on the current events of Detroit with others networks, such as Asgard, Nexus, Frozen Shadows, and Helix.
- August 1st Multiple Mr. Johnsons are recruiting shadowrunners to provide up-to-date information on situation in Detroit.
- August 1st Colonel Nathan “Rifleman” McCord sent a message to recruit shadowrunners and mercs to help preventing Detroit to be overrun by Insect spirits.
- August 9th: A special UCAS Task Force consisting of the UCAS Army III Corps is reported to be heading toward the Detroit.
- August 10th:
- September 11th: A huge battle at Ares Tower in Detroit concludes the battle of Detroit. Arthur Vogel, presumed dead until then, reappears and assume control of Ares Macrotechnology since Damien Knight is reported dead in the battle.
- September 12th: UCAS government decides to leave the BRA.
- October 6th: The Platinum Troll at Detroit is under attack.
- November 1st: Philadelphia is the first city (since Detroit) stuck by a blackout.
- November 2th: Baltimore, Bangor, Halifax, Newark, Providence and St. John are also struck by a blackout.
- November 6th: Bismarck, Lexington, and St. Louis are also struck by a blackout.
- The start of Sixth Edition.
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.18
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.12
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.14
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.15
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.17
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.24
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.24
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.24
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.36
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.51
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.34
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.53
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.53
- ↑ ?Cutting Black, p.54