How to install software without admin rights in Windows 10
Learn everything there is to know about the administrator account and how you can enable/disable it right here!
Steps to install software without admin rights on Windows 10
Contrary to what you might be thinking, the process is really simple and easy. And its quick too. Here are the steps.
- Download the software, say Steam that you wish to install on a Windows 10 PC. It is recommended that you set the download location to desktop for convenience. Else, if it gets downloaded in the Download folder, as is the usual case, drag it to your desktop. This is just for convenience and has no bearing on the actual process.
- Create a new folder in your desktop and drag the software installer in the folder. If you can’t create a new folder in Windows 10, then take a look at this step-by-step guide that will help you fix the issue.
- Open the folder and Right click > New > Text Document.
- Open the text file you just created and write this code:
- Here SteamSetup is to be replaced with the name of the particular installer that you wish to install.
- Save the text file with the .bat extension in the same folder location. For that, click on File > Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, replace the .txt file extension with .bat.
- Click on Save.
- Close the Steam.bat file.
You can only install apps from the Microsoft store? Don’t worry, we’ve got the right solution for you.
Your next step will be to double click on the bat file to launch the installation process. Follow on-screen instructions and the software will get installed as usual. It’s that simple and easy.
If you’re interested in how to install unsigned drivers on Windows 10, read this article to get all the info that you need.
If you have any more questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below and we will certainly check them out.