“You belong in a museum!”
The Doom Bots of Doom mode
The Doom Bots of Doom, also known as Nightmare mode, is a Featured Game Mode for League of Legends. The first featured mode to utilize bots, this is Co-op vs. AI with a twist: each bot has mutated, granting them empowered abilities. On higher difficulties, Doom Bots will mutate further over the course of the game – picking up the abilities of other champions, alongside their own.
Battle against the Doom Bots of Doom on an extra spooky Summoner’s Rift in this survival style game mode. Doom Bots will rush your lanes relentlessly. Survive! Try to survive for 15 minutes until The Evil Overlord of the Doom Bots is summoned. Defeat him to win the game!
Lose your nexus and be doomed forever…
Other gameplay notes
Doom bots don’t go back to shop or heal, but when they do die they’ll be back in lane before you know it. The map has been cut in half so we could double down on the doom. Enemy towers are invulnerable. Don’t bother trying to push.
In the event you manage to suicide some minions into an enemy tower, you’ll receive burst of HP/mana for some sustain.
Upon breaking certain kill ‘quest’ thresholds, your team will receive a boost in power. Work together to get kills and power up in time.
Custom difficulty in “The Gauntlet” mode:
- In “The Gauntlet”, we’re letting YOU set the difficulty and choose how hard you want the Doom Bots to be when challenging them.
- Set a custom Doom Bots difficult from 1 – 100 at the start of the game to modify your Doom Bots.
- Use the chat command “/votelevel ##” and have 3 or more players vote for the same difficulty level to lock it in. (EG: /votelevel 65)
- If a difficulty is not agreed on and voted for within 90sec, the mode will randomise a difficulty level.
- On completion, your match history will show what level you completed as PROOF of your accomplishment (or demise).
- Special Icons will be rewarded after the event for players that complete some of the highest possible levels compared to anyone else in the world.
- Doom of the Burning Vengeance
- In addition to bonus stats, Doom Brand also:
- Doom of the Sentinel’s Sorrow
- In addition to bonus stats, Doom Galio also:
- Doom of the Lady of Luminosity
- In addition to bonus stats, Doom Lux also:
- Doom of the Spirit Walker
- In addition to bonus stats, Doom Udyr also:
- Periodically marks jungle camps as claimed
- Summons unkilled monsters from claimed camps into lane after a delay
- Guards spirits or whatever
- Doom of the Unforgiven
- In addition to bonus stats, Doom Yasuo also:
- Creates several whirlwinds whenever Resolve expires
- Creates a whirlwind when projectiles are blocked by Wind Wall
- Creates clones that use Last Breath when faraway enemies are Airborne
- Is sometimes a robot and sometimes a cowboy but never a robot cowboy
- Doom of the Shepherd of Souls
- In addition to bonus stats, Doom Yorick also:
- Constantly raises hordes of Mist Walkers to fight alongside him
- Plays guitar
- Has a last name
- Doom of the Hexplosives Expert
- In addition to bonus stats, Doom Ziggs also:
Draw upon of power of slain Doom Bots! You gain additional power as your team defeats Doom Bots.
- 10 Kills: +10 Damage Resistance (+20 for melee champions).
- 20 Kills: Instantly gain +15000 Gold.
- 30 Kills: +50% Tenacity.
Curses are global buffs that affect every Doom Bot (or the map itself). They rotate in a random order every 2 minutes and 10 seconds:
- Celestial Expansion: The Bots have Aurelion Sol’s stars orbiting them, dealing magic damage on contact.
- Tempered Fate: Bard’s Tempered Fates are randomly falling out of the sky! Any unit or turret hit will be put into stasis for 2.5 seconds.
- Giga Blinding Darts: Gigantic, global-range darts that are being fired will damage and Giga-Blind anyone hit by them.
- Brush Fire: All the brush on the map is set on fire, and will deal magic damage to you if you stand in it.
- Death Defied: Bots will randomly enter a state of undeath, becoming invulnerable and untargetable. Unlike Karthus, they can still move and cast spells, so be careful.
- Realm Warp: The Bot will open Ryze’s Realm Warp portals under you feet, which lead somewhere behind them.
- Towers Electrified: Your turrets will periodically zap your team’s Champions if you’re near them dealing True damage.
- Wind Wall: The Bots will randomly charge up and emit a wall of wind that blocks your team’s projectiles.
- Twilight Shroud: The Bot will create smoke clouds that they can hide inside, granting them stealth. They will briefly appear when they attack or use an ability.
- Devilish Duplicates: The Bots will disguise themselves as Little Devil Teemo as long as they haven’t taken damage from a Champion in the last 2 seconds.
- Aegis Protection: Bots have a shield that blocks the next Champion or Turret attack. They get the shield back every 4 attacks or spellcasts.
- Hallucinate: Whenever a Bot falls below 40% health, it creates a clone of itself. This clone explodes on death, dealing magic damage in an area around it.
- Poison Trail: The Bots leave a noxious cloud behind them. Touching it will poison you, taking magic damage over time.
- Blood Scent: When a player falls below 50% health, all nearby Bots run much faster and gain vision of the injured player.
- Notes: The Buffs-Changes: 01:50, 04:00, 06:10, 08:20, 10:30, 12:40, 14:50, 15:25
Doom Bots of Doom is available in 3 difficulties, and you must play the previous difficulty in order to unlock the next.
While Doom Bots cheat in almost every regard, the Fog of War still obstructs their vision.
- Despair has started making everything near him sad too. So very sad. All allied units within range of Doom Amumu cry in sympathy with him. His Curse of the Sad Mummy now also reaches further. (~1200 range)
- Annie can set alight nearby enemy towers and burn everything. She also brought her bear Tibbers. Have you seen him? He’s only bigger than 10-stack Cho’Gath and his AOE attacks shunt people away from him.
Definitely Not Blitzcrank
- Doom Blitzcrank has powered up all his systems, giving him extra Rocket Grabs (fires 3 in a cone), a gigantic Mana Barrier and Static Field, and a Power Fist that knocks multiple enemies into the air. But it’s definitely not him, so don’t worry.
- Cho’Gath grows in power as he grows in size. As he gains stacks of Feast (which can stack up to 10 times), his Rupture and Feral Scream grow larger. Like, multiple Ruptures in a 1000-length line kind of larger.
- Ezreal’s abilities have been fragmented into multiple energy waves. His ultimate in particular goes off 2 additional times, in 8 additional directions.
Fiddlesticks can Drain multiple enemies at once and each of his abilities has becoming more Terrifying. Additionally, Fiddlestick Spirits are waiting to Crowstorm from anywhere you do not have vision.
- Galio now fires a halo of Resolute Smites in a circle and Righteous Gust forms multiple gusts, and he will periodically create taunt zones next to nearby enemy champions (that taunt enemies still inside when they detonate).
Grim Reaper Karthus
- Karthus periodically Defies Death while still alive (making him untargetable but still very mobile), and his abilities have fragmented (bigger, multiple copies and lower cooldown).
- Each of Lux’s abilities explodes into a star of Light Bindings, except for Final Spark, which just hits in 12 directions at once.
- Malzahar’s abilities have fragmented, and he’s brought extra voidlings with him from the Void.(bigger, multiple copies and lower cooldown and about thrice the amount of voidlings).
Blade Mistress Morgana Superb Villain Veigar
- Veigar calls down a ring of Dark Matter around himself periodically and his abilities fragment on minions (meaning he farms AP insanely quickly).
- Wukong’s Nimbus Strike creates additional clones which knock enemies into the air when disappearing. His Cyclone also summons Decoys that spin alongside him.
Mad Scientist Ziggs
- Ziggs’ Mega Inferno Bomb will fragment on detonation, and his Bouncing Bombs have started rolling around, chasing enemy champions.(His basic abilities produce bombs that slowly chase nearby champions and detonate after a while, and his mine field has a much shorter cooldown)
- Zyra’s Rampant Growth periodically spawns clusters of seeds near enemy champions, which bloom after a moderate delay. Additionally, her abilities summon additional plants. (Seeds appear somewhat behind enemy laners. She can put such seeds with more than 1500 range. She will also try to launch her skillshots while enemies are about to step on her seeds)
Bonus Doom: Doom Mutations Doom Bots can mutate the following passives on higher difficulties.
- Akali’s Twilight Shroud: This champion creates a smoke cloud in an area for a short time. While within the cloud, this champion is stealthed and gains bonus armor and magic resistance. Attacking or using abilities will reveal them briefly. Enemies inside the smoke are slowed.
- Anivia’s Rebirth: Upon taking lethal damage, this champion will transform into an egg with 100% health. If the egg survives for a short time, the champion is revived with the same percentage health that their egg had.
- Evelynn’s Shadow Walk: When out of combat for a short time, this champion enters stealth only being able to be seen by enemy champions within range.
- Garen’s Judgment: Every brush you can’t see into nearby this champion, could have Garen hiding in it. Demacia!
- Hecarim’s Onslaught of Shadows: Spectral riders are summoned alongside this champion, causing enemy champions and minions they touch to flee in terror.
- Janna’s Howling Gale: This champion summons whirlwinds nearby that briefly knock enemy champions airborne and disappear after a short time.
- LeBlanc’s Mirror Image: Whenever this champions is below 40% health, they create a clone of themselves.
- Nocturne’s Paranoia: This champion reduces the sight radius of nearby enemy champions and minions.
- Pantheon’s Aegis Protection: After auto-attacking or using an ability 4 times, this champion will block the next incoming turret attack or basic attack from an enemy champion, siege minion or large monster.
- Sejuani’s Permafrost: This champion creates pools of frost nearby, slowing all enemy champions and minions moving through them.
- Shaco’s Hallucinate: Whenever this champion is below 40% health, they create a clone of themselves, which explodes when dying dealing magic damage to nearby enemies.
- Shyvana’s Burnout: This champion scorches the earth where they walk, leaving behind a trail of fire.
- Swain’s Ravenous Flock: Ravens circle this champion and strike out at nearby enemies dealing magic damage. This champion is healed for a portion of the damage dealt to champions and minions.
- Viktor’s Death Ray: This champion fires laser beams in a pattern around themselves, dealing magic damage to every enemy they hit.
- Warwick’s Blood Scent: This champion reveals enemy champions within range with less than 50% health.
|“||Get ready – it’s almost time for the next Featured Game Mode!|
You thought Brazil’s Veigar Bot was challenging? Think again! We’ve souped up the bots to DOOM levels, giving them mind-melting abilities that’ll blow you away. Thought Amumu was already emo enough? What if Amumu’s Doom Bot is so sad he makes all his nearby allies units CRY WITH DESPAIR, too? What if Ziggs’s Mega Inferno Bomb broke off into six MINI INFERNO BOMBS after landing, or if Lux’s Final Spark burst out in ALL directions around her? Each of the Doom Bots have had their abilities tinkered with, and things most definitely get crazy when they get aggressive.
Fight the Doom Bots and you’ll unlock harder difficulties. Bots with 2 Bombs respawn with Bonus Doom effects such as Anivia’s passive or Swain’s ultimate, while 5 Bomb Doom Bots carry TWO Bonus Doom effects and provide the most extreme challenge in this brain-bursting Featured Game Mode!
The Doom Bots of Doom will be cavorting around the Fields of Justice from July 17 to July 27, and you’ll unlock a Doomtastic summoner icon if you challenge them at least once!