PC Cheats – Half-Life 2 Wiki Guide
You can find a neat Easter egg hidden in Test Chamber 17. One malfuncitoning wall panel reveals a den with cameras and pictures of cubes. Right of the piston and near the floor of is a user-name and password. Once you have written that down go to https://aperturelaboratories.com”>www.aperturelabrat oies.com. and type login. Enter the user-name and password. Type “Help” if you want to know all you can do.
The various grafitti in Portal can help you crack the code for the website https://www.aperturescience.com”>www.aperturesc ience.com. Go to the website (it uses Shockwave Flash) and type in the command LOGIN.
The user name is CJOHNSON and the password is TIER3. Once you are in, you may type in HELP for a list of valid commands. Have fun!
Addition by PRO_GAMER_: You should also be able to login to aperturescience.com with the username GLADOS and the password PORTAL, as well.
Addition by red7ring: It actually doesn’t matter what name you login with. You can login with any name you want. It’s the password you insert that’s important.
Addition by Spilled Salt: After logging in, type at the prompt “thecakeisalie” (minus the quotes). Doing so will unlock some secret messages for you to view.
This process modifies your game files, so make back- ups of the proper files and directories before attempting this hack.
- You need both Portal and Half-life 2 for starters. Install or re-install both games now.
- Back up your Portal directory. Unless you changed the install path, the directory is in …Steamsteamapps(your_username)portal. If you make a mistake during this hack, you may need to re-download Portal through Steam (or at worse, Half- life 2 through Steam).
- Download and install GCFScape if you do not have it already. This program allows you to access the cached game files for games using the Source engine.
- Head into the directory …Steamsteamapps for all the available GCF archives available. Open the file half-life 2 content.gcf via GCFScape. Click the hl2 folder on the left pane of the GCFScape Explorer window. Right mouse click maps and select the command Extract to place all the contents of the maps folder into the directory …Steamsteamappsthe_great_bundiniportalportal. This merges Half-life 2 maps with the Portal map folder.
- Repeat the above step with the scenes folder via GCFScape.
- Boot up Steam to run Portal. Drop the developer console with ‘~’ (you may need to enable it under your keyboard options or enable it via the -console command switch on the executable’s shortcut).
- On the developer console, type maps
- to list all the available maps; this should
inclde the Half-life 2 maps imported from the previous steps. Type map and then the name of that map (i.e., map d1_canals_01).
- Once the map is loaded and you can play, drop the console and enable the cheats for Portal by entering sv_cheats 1. Give yourself all weapons (including the Portal Gun) by entering impulse 101. You may need to input upgrade_portalgun to enable you to fire both portals.
- Enjoy the havoc. Note that this hack also works with Episode 1 and Episode 2. You will notice that while NPCs from Half-life cannot pass through portals, all other inert objects (including yourself) and weapons fire will pass through with no problems.
Submitted by Primotechnology.com
Half-Life 2 Cheats
Turn on the cheat console in-game, and press the tilde (~) to bring it up. You can then type the codes in below for the desired effect…
- ai_disable – NPCs are turned off
- give item_battery – Receive 15 battery points
- give item_healthkit – Receive 25 health points
- kill – Character eliminates himself
- npc_create – Create NPCs
Hit tilde “~” and type “npc_create npc_ [name]” to spawn an NPC. Here is a list of the names you can enter for [name]:
- “alyx” (Alyx Vance)
- “barney” (Barney Calhoun)
- “dog” (Dog)
- “kleiner” (Dr. Kleiner)
- “eli” (Eli Vance)
- “mossman” (Judith Mossman)
- “monk” (Father Grigori)
- “citizen” (Citizen)
- “headcrab” (Regular Headcrab)
- “zombie” (Regular Zombie)
- “zombie_torso” (Regular Zombie Torso)
- “headcrab_fast” (Fast Headcrab)
- “headcrab_black” (Black Headcrab)
- “headcrab_poison” (Poison Headcrab)
- “fastzombie” (Fast Zombie)
- “poisonzombie” (Poison Zombie)
- “antlion” (Antlion)
- “antlionguard” (Antlion Guard)
- “combine_s” (Combine Soldier/Combine Elite/Prison Guard)
- “metropolice” (Metro Cop)
- “stalker” (Stalker)
- “cscanner” (City Scanner)
- “manhack” (Manhack)
- “rollermine” (Rollermine)
- “combine_mine” (Hopper Mine)
- “combine_camera” (Combine Camera)
- “turret_floor” (Combine Turret)
- “turret_ceiling” (Ceiling Turret)
- “turret_ground” (Ground Turret)
- “launcher” (?)
- “combinedropship” (Dropship)
- “combinegunship” (Gunship)
- “strider” (Strider)
- “pigeon” (Pigeon)
- “crow” (Crow)
- “seagull” (Seagull)
- “barnacle” (Barnacle)
- “ichthyosaur” (Ichthyosaur)
- “vortigaunt” (Vortigaunt)
Episode One and Episode Two
- “clawscanner” (Shield Scanner)
- “zombine” (Combine Zombie/Zombine)
- “fastzombie_torso” (Fast Zombie Torso)
Episode Two Only
- “antlion_grub” (Antlion Grub)
- “antlion” (Antlion Worker)
- “hunter” (Good A.I. Hunter)
- “combine_s” (Combine Shotgunner)
- “antlionguard” (Green Antlion Guard)
- “magnusson” (Dr. Magnusson)
- “vortigaunt” (Vortigaunt Doctor)
Episode One Only
- “ministrider” (Bad A.I. Hunter)
Additions by Mega Sean 45
New Portal Start Screen
When you beat Portal, you will get a new title screen for the game, consisting of a birthday cake sitting atop a table.
All commands are done via the console. They must be enabled via the console option on shortcut, or enabled through the in-game options under the Advanced section of Controls. It is then accessed by pressing ~. (Note: Most of these require sv_cheats to be set to 1.)
Replace # with 0, 1, 2, or 3. This allows for separate sets of portals to be created.
Creates a Weighted Storage Cube for your use.
Fires an energy ball that can be used in solving puzzles.
Portals can be placed on almost any surface.
Will allow use of second portal placement.