Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord console commands: all working cheats
Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord can have cheats enabled by altering certain files on your computer, but there are also ways to modify the game to enable console commands. These can be useful for those looking to create mods. While the cheats and console commands do have limitations, clever use of them can help with testing that their mod is working properly.
Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord console guide
We love seeing what mods can be created in Bannerlord, so our Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord console guide will tell you how to enable console commands.
It will also give you all the Bannerlord console commands and cheats for version 1.4.1, including infinite items and knocking out every enemy in battle. All the console commands are for use in singleplayer mode only.
If you are looking for a new mod to install and run in your game of Bannerlord, have a look at our list of the best Best Bannerlord mods.
There are a few confirmed console commands that you can use once cheat mode is activated. Some cheats are activated while in battle, while others are on the world map. Below are all of the confirmed cheats, tested by me.
While in Battle
- Heal your HP to full: Ctrl+H
- Heal your horse to full HP: Ctrl+Shift+H
- Knocks out an enemy: Ctrl+F4 (It’s unclear why this also increases Athletics or Riding by one skill point and what determines which one is chosen)
- Knocks all enemies unconscious: Ctrl+Alt+F4
On world map
- Move instantly to the clicked position: Ctrl + left mouse button while not moving.
- See all units on the world map: Ctrl+Alt+T while moving. (This may reduce frame rates significantly) (cheers “FrostySniper” for confirming)
Some console commands are just not all that helpful to you if you’re playing to win, but it’s worth knowing what they do if you want to play-test or debug the game. These console commands all happen in battle. Here are the commands that are detrimental to your army’s progress.
- Knock out one of your own troops: Ctrl+F2
- Knock out player character: Ctrl+F3 (Note that your army will still fight if you are downed, so just wait for them to win to get out of it)
- Knock out your horse: Ctrl+Shift+F3
- Freeze everything: Ctrl+F5
Bannerlord console commands
Once you’ve set up console commands, you need to press Ctrl + Tilde (~) in-game to open the console. Type “help” to bring up all the commands. Here are some to get you started and we’ll update this table when other useful ones are known:
|Console command effect||Console command|
|Add # Gold||campaign.add_gold_to_hero #|
|Add # influence||campaign.add_influence #|
|Add # renown||campaign.add_renown_to_clan #|
|Add # focus points||campaign.add_focus_points_to_hero #|
|List all troops IDs||campaign.give_troops_help|
|Add # [TROOPID] to your party||campaign.give_troops [TROOPID] #|
|List active quests||campaign.list_active_quests|
|Complete current quest||campaign.complete_active_quest|
|Cancel active quest||campaign.cancel_active_quest|
|Conceive a child (Note this weds you to someone if unmarried)||campaign.conceive_child|
Infinite inventory cheat
One interesting side effect that Sin discovered upon activating the cheat mode is that when you view your inventory while not in a settlement, it displays every single item in the game.
You are able to take up to ten copies of an item at a time. You can use this to kit out your character with the finest steed and all the best gear for your character.
You can then exit it and reopen the inventory menu to replenish the supply, giving you infinite items to take from the stock available. These items can be sold at towns and villages, but be warned that traders may not be able to afford the full price of certain items you sell.
How to enable cheats in Bannerlord
In order to enable cheat mode, you will need to edit one file on your computer. Thankfully it’s really easy to find and even easier to change. So to enable console command mode, you need to do the following:
- Open Windows Explorer and head into the Documents folder in the “This PC” tab.
- Open the folder “Mount and Blade II Bannerlord”.
- Copy “engine_config.txt” and paste it in a folder outside of the “Mount and Blade II Bannerlord” folder in Documents. This is so you have a backup.
- Open “engine_config.txt”.
- Alter the 14th entry, labelled “cheat_mode” from “0” to “1”.
- Save the file and open the game.
It’s worth noting that enabling console commands may disable Steam Achievements when achievements eventually come into the game.
If you want to use console commands instead, you’ll need to download the developer console mod (thanks “Goldstein”). These are different to the cheats above as the console commands give you far greater control over the game.
Once you have downloaded the mod and followed the instructions on the page to install it, open Mount And Blade II Bannerlord. In the splash screen before the game boots up, you’ll see a tab that says mod. Make sure the developer console mod is there and check it to begin using it.
Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord guide series
Thank you for reading our Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord cheat guide. If you want to learn how to play the game without using cheats, we have plenty more guides down below, including details for character creation, how sieges work, and how to complete quests: