How to Invite Steam Friends to Apex Legends
Apex Legends is a popular team-focused Battle Royal game developed by Respawn. It allows you to connect with your friends and enjoy Battle Royale adventures.
Although it features an intuitive and user-friendly interface, adding friends to your game isn’t quite straightforward.
If you’re a Steam user, you might have noticed that Apex Legends is nowhere to be found on the platform. Does that mean that Apex Legends isn’t available on Steam? Can you somehow add your Steam friends to the game? What’s the easiest way of connecting with your friends in Apex Legends?
Those are only some of the questions this article will answer.
Is Apex Legends a Steam Game?
There are thousands of games available on Steam today, and from what we see, the numbers will only continue to grow. Unfortunately, Apex Legends doesn’t belong to that count as it is developed by Respawn.
Since Respawn is owned by EA, Apex Legends is only available on PC through the gaming platform called Origin. EA uses this platform to sell and promote their new games.
EA has indeed sold a decent number of games through Steam, but for some reason, they’ve restricted Apex Legends to their own platform.
This is similar to another game giant – Fortnite – which can only be run from the official Epic Store.
However, that doesn’t mean that you should say your farewells to your Steam friends. There is still a way to add them to your Apex Legends Friends List through Steam. But you’ll first need to add this game to Steam.
The following section will show you how.
Adding Apex Legends to Your Steam Game Library
Steam has a very nifty feature that allows you to add non-steam games to your game library on the platform. That will also allow you to use other Steam features although the game that you’re playing isn’t available on Steam.
Before we begin, you’ll need to link your Steam account with your Apex Legends account. Here’s how you can do that:
- Open Apex Legends.
- Click on the Friends Icon. This icon is found in the bottom-right corner of the main menu. Clicking it will take you to the Friends screen where you’ll be able to see all of your Apex Legends friends and their Statuses (offline, online, in-game).
- Click on Link Steam Account. This option is found below the Party Privacy button, in the bottom-left corner of the Friends screen.
- A new window will appear where you’ll need to enter your Steam account credentials and log in.
- If you’ve successfully logged into your Steam account, exit Apex Legends.
Once you’re done linking your Steam account, it’s time to add Apex Legends to your Steam game library. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Steam.
- Navigate to your Steam Library.
- Click on Add Game. This option is found on the bottom-left side of the Library page.
- From the menu that opens, select Add a Non-Steam Game.
- From the next window, select the Apex Legends program file. In case the game’s program file is not there, you’ll have to search for it manually. To do so, select Browse and navigate to the folder where you’ve installed Apex Legends. All of your EA games will be located in the Origin folder by default.
- After you’ve completed the previous step, click on the Add Selected Programs option. If you haven’t selected an appropriate Apex Legends exe file, Steam won’t be able to add the game to your library.
If everything’s OK, Apex Legends should be displayed in your Steam library. You will then be able to run the game through Steam as if it was a regular Steam game and invite Steam friends.
Inviting Steam Friends to Apex Legends
Inviting Steam friends to Apex Legends is easy once you’ve added the game to your Steam library. To do so, open Apex Legends and minimize its window. Then open Steam and find the friend that you want to invite.
Hover over your friend’s Steam icon and an arrow will appear right after their name. Select the Invite to Play option from the dropdown menu. Steam should be able to recognize the game that you are running and invite the friend to join you.
However, this method isn’t 100% secure as Apex Legends isn’t an officially supported game on Steam.
It is better to add your friends via the Origin platform.
Adding Friends Through Origin
To add friends on Apex Legends through the official Origin platform, you’ll have to:
- Launch Origin.
- Click on Friends.
- Select Add a Friend. A Search box will appear.
- Enter your friend’s nickname and click on Search.
- Once Origin displays all accounts with the same or similar nickname, click on the account that you want to add as a friend.
- Click on the orange Send Friend Request button.
- Open Apex Legends and click on Friends. If your friend accepted your invitation, they will appear on the Friends screen.
Enjoy Playing Apex Legends with Your Friends
Although you can add Apex Legends to your Steam game library, it isn’t guaranteed that all Steam features will work for this game. Though you can invite friends to Apex Legends via Steam, it’s much better to use the Origin Launcher.
Have you managed to add Apex Legends to Steam? Are your friends ready for your next Battle Royale adventures? Tell us in the comments section below.