Apex Legends Open Rules
Seeding sheet link
OPEN SCRIM SPECIFIC RULES
When participating in the scrims you are expected to play all the scheduled games. Never sign up unless you can commit to the full set of games. If you and your team have a legitimate reason to leave, inform the respective admin if you need to leave.
Even though our main goal is to accommodate everyone, being signed up does not guarantee you a spot in the scrims. However, those who miss out on a scrim will get a higher priority the following day.
The Apex Legends Open is for PC only.
TEAMS AND ROSTERS
– Each team must consist of at least 3 players.
– Each roster will be allowed to have 3 main players and 1 substitute.
– Playing solo is never allowed and playing as 2 is only allowed in special cases, consult with your admin if you are forced to do so for any number of games.
– Sign up ONLY if you know you will be able to play as a full team.
– If your team changes the name and you have at least two (2) members from the previous roster, seeding points and rank will stay.
– If a new team is created with players that have seeding points and ranks from other teams, an average rank from players will be the new rank of the team. Teams will not have any seeding points to start with, they will be seeded on their rank.
– A player is not allowed to represent more than one (1) team at the same time. You are allowed to sub in for another team, but not allowed to jump from team to team on a daily basis. This will be case-by-case evaluated.
– Remember that the scrims are for teams, not for players. You participate as a team.
– All team members must be 16 years of age or older.
In order to play the scrims, your team has to register for a time slot you would like to participate in. Registration opens 2 hours before the tournament starts and closes 20 minutes before. If you register for scrims you are committing to play all the games. Not showing up will be treated as a show. There is no check-in for the scrims. The last 20 minutes is for us to ensure all the groups are seeded correctly. If you registered but were not selected for any group, you will be put on the waiting list. If you’re put on the waiting list but don’t get a chance to play at all, you will be prioritized for the following day.
Before starting the scrims, check the #tournament-information channel on which server the game will be created and use this data center before joining the lobby. The first lobby will be created at the appointed time and teams will have 5 mins to join. The following matches will be created as soon as the previous ends. If any teams are missing in the first lobby, we will wait an additional few mins. Teams that are still missing will be counted as a “no-show”. No-show teams will be replaced with teams from the waiting list. Once you are put into one group, you are not going to be moved between groups
The default amount of games per scrim slot is six (6) games. If there are less than sixteen (16) teams staying at any point during scrims, scrims for that group will be cancelled and teams will have the opportunity to fill the other groups if there is free space. The server will restart every game or whenever teams request to do so to ensure no lags. We are open to add additional games if requested, Other exceptions will be decided based on a case by case basis.
The game code provided for each scrim is intended only for that specific scrim. It is forbidden to share this code and it is forbidden to try to use a previous code at any time. Only use a code assigned to the scrim that you’re playing. Any violation of this will lead to warnings, temporary bans, or permanent bans.
Leaving early or not finishing all the games will be considered as the last place in your group with all the games played, which reduces your rank and seeding points. If you would drop out of the rank, you will most likely not play the next day.
We are currently hosting scrims on five (5) different time slots, on five (5) different locations. See below an updated list on when scrims are hosted and what server is prioritized for it. Your team is allowed to play in as many slots as you’d like.
Slot 1 (Singapore)
Registration Opens: 17:00 SGT (GMT+8)
Registration Closes 18:40 SGT (GMT+8)
Start: 19:00 SGT (GMT+8)
Preferred server: Singapore
Slot 2 (Tokyo)
Registration Opens: 19:00 JST (GMT+9)
Registration Closes 20:40 JST (GMT+9)
Start: 21:00 JST (GMT+9)
Preferred server: Tokyo
Slot 3 (Frankfurt)
Registration Opens 16:00 CET (GMT+1)
Registration Closes 17:40 CET (GMT+1)
Match Start: 18:00 CET (GMT+1)
Preferred server: Frankfurt
Slot 4 (Iowa)
Registration Opens: 16:00 ET (GMT-4)
Registration Closes 17:40 ET (GMT-4)
Match Start: 18:00 ET (GMT-4)
Preferred server: Iowa
Slot 5 (São Paulo)
Registration Opens: 17:00 BRT (GMT-3)
Registration Closes 18:40 BRT (GMT-3)
Match Start: 19:00 BRT (GMT-3)
Preferred server: São Paulo
You can register for any scrim slot, but if you are registering for a scrim slot outside your region, rank reduction will be applied before seeding.
Scrims Slots will be fully closed to their regions during the week of any bigger Apex tournament and you will be able to register only to your region.
GAME SERVER RESTARTS
These are the guidelines regarding a game server restart while the game is in the starting process:
- More than 15% of the players in the lobby are not making it into the game.
- If the game is being broadcasted and the caster or observer in the lobby does not make it into the game.
- If the Game host doesn’t make it into the game.
- Remakes can be additionally called if the server crashes for the majority of the players or if the server is in slow-motion from the start of the game. If the slow-motion occurs later in the game, the game will continue.
- If needed the Game host or Host lead can decide to change the data-center for a single match or the tournament itself.
All the reasons above can be overruled by the Game host, Host lead if they see fit for the situation in question. If a game server crashes mid game the decision will be made by the Game host, Host lead on a case-by-case basis if the game should be replayed or not.
All communication with the players is handled on the official GLL Apex Legends Discord. Grab the region role in the #role-request in order to see needed apex channels. Important information will always be in the #tournament-information channel and if you need any support, #tournament-support is the channel you’re looking for.
You also have #frequently-asked discord channel where you have a collection of commonly asked questions and answers.
Any questions regarding upcoming and ongoing matches can be directed to the admin team. Feedback, suggestions, and questions about the tournament and the scrims, in general, can be sent to vuggo#0179 on discord or to [email protected]
GLL reserves exclusive rights for broadcasting and streaming for all its events.
We do however allow people to personally stream their matches and games. If you decide to stream, we REQUIRE that you include “GLL” in your streaming title and play with a minimum of five (5) minute delay.
If you stream, never show the game code on the stream. This may result in your team being disqualified.
– All players are allowed to have only one (1) account at play.gll.gg per person. All information registered on your account needs to be up-to-date and to have the correct information.
– You are not allowed to share or use another person’s GLL account. Your account is for your use and your use alone.
– If you face any issues with your account, contact support through here.
– Ignoring any rules mentioned above will lead to the suspension of your account(s).
Bugs and issues
All problems and bugs you encounter on any of the GLL web pages currently in use should be reported as soon as possible to a Community Mod or in the #bugs-channel on the GLL Discord. This will allow us the best chance to assist you as a player with the issue you have encountered.
– A player is allowed to have only one (1) APEX Legends account active on their GLL account.
– You are not allowed to share or use another person’s game account. Your account is for your use, and your use alone.
– Usage of an alternative or smurf account is forbidden. If a player is found out to be using any of such, their team will be punished in any way the admin team sees fit. This may include temporary or permanent bans.
It is forbidden to cheat, modify the game files, exploit bugs, and/or use any third-party application which would give an unfair advantage against other users.
All cheats are completely forbidden to use under any circumstance while playing in any event at GLL. Using any cheat will result in bans and disqualifications. This includes, but are not limited to:
– Radar hacks
– Hitbox manipulation
– The usage of a bug/bugs to gain an advantage versus your opponents
– Game file editing – (if not specified in “Game settings”)
– All 3rd party software or tools that are not allowed by the game publisher and that can give an unfair advantage to a player or team is classed as cheating and is not allowed. Examples of software that are not allowed are ReShade, SweetFX, and VibranceGUI.
Anything that can be viewed as a bug or exploit will be reviewed by the admin team and judged on a case-by-case basis, examples of such can be:
- Quitting out of a Match before it has ended to deny a kill.
- Leaving the normal boundaries of a map in a way that does not activate an “out-of-bounds” timer or other exploits that results in the Competitor being able to remain outside of the circle (in the orange) without taking damage.
- Sitting on the spots which are not supposed to be used by map design. (For example: Spot surrounded by 30 seconds kill timer.)
- Exploiting a game mechanic to enter and exit the 30-second “out-of-bounds” kill timer consecutively in the same area.
- Examples of this include repeatedly using a zipline, grapple, portal, balloon, or other character ability to repeatedly enter the same area that activates the “out-of-bounds” timer.
- Usage of the double zipline next to each other.
- Intentionally exploiting one-sided textures on map geometry to block or avoid any incoming damage that would have otherwise connected without the exploited geometry.
- Hiding inside of map geometry or behind invisible walls on the map
- Fire from the weapon while in the Downed state or while reviving.
- Exploiting Legend abilities to gain an unfair advantage.
- Exploiting mechanics to increase reload speed of the weapons.
- Melee loot bins, supply drops, and/or respawn beacons in an effort to launch themselves or other players into the air
If a team uses a player that has an active ban by GLL or APEX Legends, the team will be disqualified from the Apex Legends Open.
Players with APEX Legends bans on any accounts within two (2) years are not eligible to compete in any of the tournaments hosted by GLL.
GLL reserves the right to monitor any player, for any reason, during the tournament.
BETTING, GAMBLING, MATCH-FIXING, AND TEAMING
Players, coaches as well as hosts, and staff from GLL are prohibited from gambling or betting on any matches in any GLL tournament.
All sorts of match-fixing and/or teaming are strictly forbidden and will be punished. This may include temporary or permanent bans.
|Rule violation||Punishment||Time duration|
|Using a player, not in the roster||Case-by-case, risking team disqualification|
|Playing in the wrong region||Disqualification|
|Playing with the wrong game account||Case-by-case, risking team disqualification|
|Inappropriate/disruptive behaviour||Ban with duration depending on case||Minimum 1 week|
|Usage of a glitch/bug||Ban with duration depending on case||Minimum 1 month|
|Stream Sniping||Ban with duration depending on case||Minimum 1 month|
|Knowingly playing with someone who is account sharing||Ban from GLL, G-Loot, and disqualification||Minimum 3 months|
|Multi-Account usage||Ban with duration depending on case||Minimum 3 months|
|Account sharing||Ban from GLL, G-Loot, and disqualification||Minimum 6 months|
|Knowingly playing with a cheater||Ban from GLL, G-Loot, and disqualification||Minimum 6 months|
|Match-fixing/teaming||Ban from GLL, G-Loot, and disqualification||Minimum 1 year|
|Cheating||Ban from GLL, G-Loot, and disqualification||Minimum 2 years|
|Ban Evasion||Creating a new account while being banned||Minimum renewed duration|
You can appeal the decision regarding your ban that you have received within 7 days from the moment when the decision was taken. The appeal needs to be in a written mail that is sent to help.gll.gg.
BEHAVIOR AND SPORTSMANSHIP
– Show respect to everyone involved in the tournament. This includes, but is not limited to players and staff.
– Treat everyone the same way as you would like to be treated yourself.
– Always show integrity while playing in every tournament, be honest, and play fair.
– Do not use any discriminatory language, including but not limited to any language regarding ethnicity, nationality, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or personal beliefs.
– Do not use any extreme foul language, including but not limited to excessive profanity or language that is graphically sexual, grotesque, or violent.
– Do not make threats of real-world violence or other intended harm to anyone involved in the tournament.
– Do not harass, stalk, or purposely do things to make someone else feel uncomfortable or threatened.
– Do not share personal information about yourself or other individuals.
– Do not engage in, request, arrange, or offer illegal activities or materials.
– Do not impersonate other individuals.
– Do not spam, be it in text or VOIP.
– Do not share your account, your account is for your use and your use alone. Do not grant access to your account to anyone else, and do not access anyone else’s account, even with their permission.
GLL reserves the right to, in special cases, override and/or remove, and/or add any rule stated above to guarantee fair play.
1 point per kill.
In the event that two or more teams have the same number of Total Points, the following rules shall be applied to break the tie.
Compare every tied Team’s best-performing Match based on Total Match Points.
Compare every tied Team’s best-performing Match based on Match Placement.
Compare every tied Team’s Kill Points in the best performing match.
Compare every tied Team’s Match-Points in the most recent Match.
Compare every tied Team’s Kill-Points in the most recent Match.
Compare every tied Team’s Placement in the most recent Match.
Each team is seeded by their seeding rank first. There are currently 7 ranks and each rank has its own Divisions Making it a total 20 divisions across all the ranks.
Total Rank Pts.
To gain or lose a rank depends on your position in the group on the day you play. Maximum Total Rank points are 20 and you cannot gain more than that. The minimum is 0 and you cannot drop below 0 either. If there are less than 20 teams then the last 7 teams lose points and the top 7 gain points.
If several teams are having the same rank, then they are going to be seeded by seeding points. Each group has its own tier. When there’s more than one group, each group will be appointed a tier, following Group 1 = Tier 1, Group 2 = Tier 2 and forward. If there is only one group for that slot, it will be ranked as a tier 2. This is to not have better teams overrule the lobby. The formula for calculating the seeding points each week is:
This means that the points acquired in a tier 1 group are worth double the amount of those in a tier 2 lobby, triple the amount of those in a tier 3 lobby and so forth.
If your team will leave during the scrims or will not finish all the games, rank reduction of -3 will be applied.
Each week there is a soft reset, which will take one third (1/3) of your games from the previous week as a base and reduce points slightly. Points from previous weeks are weighed in too, but its significance is reduced each week so that your most recent results are the most important. The base will not be lower than six (6) games. The more points you have at the end of the week, the less you will lose at the start of the next one. Points lost will follow the list below.
Higher than 12
With this system, if you do not play for a long time, you will slowly lose your points. Once you will lose all the points, your rank will remain, but you will be on the bottom of your rank.
Note: If you are playing in a different region you will get Rank Points Reduction of -3 before being seeded, but it is not affecting your total rank.
When creating groups, the first group will be filled first with the twenty (20) highest seeded, checked in teams. Moving on to group 2 and further down, depending on the number of teams that have signed up. Once you are put into one lobby, you are not going to be moved between groups during that day.
Teams that have checked in for a specific day but were deprioritized will have a higher chance of getting to play the following day.
How you perform in official Apex Legends tournaments boosts your rank significantly.
Sometimes, there might be a hard reset of the table, where everyone will start again from 0 seeding points and rank will be created based on ALGS rankings. Previous results will be taken into account as well as whether or not teams have qualified for an upcoming official Apex Legends Event (Major and/or Premier). This is to ensure that the lobbies are as competitive as possible.
For full transparency on the seeding points and system, the full list of competing teams and their standings are shared in the link below.
Apex Legends Scrims Seeding Sheet