Among Us Proximity Chat Mod: How To Download
Among Us Proximity Chat Mod (PC)
Among Us has so many mods available that it’s almost impossible to keep up with. The Among Us Zombies Mode mod has also been super popular lately.
One of the most played mods to come out within the last few weeks is the Among Us “proximity chat” mod.
This custom Among Us game type adds another in-depth layer of gameplay to the already challenging game.
The CrewLink mod is currently only available for PC players using Steam.
Looking to jump into a modded proximity chat lobby and try out the mod with your friends? We show you how below.
How Does The Proximity Chat Mod Work?
This mod / custom game server was created by developer @ottomated_ on Twitter. He released the proximity chat mod to the public on November 20th.
The rules and gameplay are the same as a regular round of Among Us.
All players in a lobby who are running the mod can speak to each other over voice chat when they are close.
The only major difference is that crewmates & impostors can all voice chat with each other when they are in range!
If you haven’t already, take a look at some proximity chat gameplay.
As you can see there are a ton of different strategies that you can try with the implementation of proximity chat.
If you’ve been bored with Among Us lately, this mod is definitely one that can re-introduce hours of fun moments.
How To Download Proximity Chat Mod?
The proximity chat game type is actually hosted on @ottomated_’s own custom servers. This means that there are no files or lengthy hacks that you have complete!
All you need is a simple .exe application install.
Download the latest files from Otto’s Github here.
- Download the latest up to date .exe file (CrewLink-Setup-#.#.#.exe)
- Install the CrewLink mod (might trigger your anti-virus software)
- Launch Among Us through the CrewLink mod interface
- Join or host a game
Alternatively, you can watch this step by step video tutorial by the mods creator on how to install it.
Troubleshooting the Mod
If you run into some issues when attempting to download & setup this mod, we have some suggestions.
- If you see red chat rings but not green, that players is not running CrewLink.
- Make sure everyone is running the latest version of the mod (only works with the non-beta version of Among Us)
- Make sure your microphone is plugged in correctly
- If you are having voice bugs (infinite chat range, etc) have everyone refresh the CrewLink mod menu with CTRL + R
- If voice bugs continue, you may want to try hosting your own voice server
Keep in mind this is a community made mod, so there are bound to be some bugs & glitches.